Start by marking “Dark Passion Rising (A Dark Breed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Passion Rising (A Dark Breed, #1)

Dark Passion Rising (Dark Breed Enforcers #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  11 reviews

Published March 25th 2011 by Evernight Publishing (first published March 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Passion Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Passion Rising

Melanie
4-4.5*s
Okay, I’m hooked – book crack strikes again!
As the synopsis tells us – Tambra Ellis’s world is about to be turned upside down when she is attacked by a wolfman, not believing that it was real, she resigns herself to the fact that she will probably die from the incident, even if a mysterious stranger has just done away with her attacker as she fades to black. It is only when she awakens days later that she meets her mysterious stranger – Marcus Valerian – and he’s about to rock her world i
Ronda  Tutt
Kicking Ass Exciting!

I totally loved it, fast paced, sizzling hot, and visually creative. The author’s smooth writing had me hooked as she made the scenes come alive on the page. With a kick ass and feisty female police officer named Tambra, a sexy vampire enforcer named Marcus, and a new world of species called the Dark Breed, the story totally sucked me into a new addiction of wanting more of this series.

I loved the interaction between all the characters and the sexual attraction between Tambr
Lacy
3.5 stars. Starts off well with a lot of action and an intriguing plot. It has a nice mix of action, suspense, twists, and steamy romance. The story and the characters are interesting, but the pacing and story development lags a bit towards the end. Should be an interesting series with action and different types of paranormal characters.

Full review available at http://www.bittenbybooks.com/.
Dahlia (yadkny)
May 18, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Lovers
A war is brewing among the Dark Breeds and only those brave enough to stand against it have a chance to survive.

There are things in this world that defy explanation and Tambra’s new existence is one of them. Her mundane life as a beat cop just got a whole lot scarier with the reveal a paranormal reality. The challenge in acceptance is met with the demands of attraction to a mysterious vampire who has the power to end the loneliness in her life. Unfortunately, power is up for grabs and Tambra is
Laurie
Dedicated Las Vegas police officer, Tambra Ellis, is savagely attacked late one night while chasing a suspect. When she awakens three days later, what she learns rocks her world.

When Marcus Valerian rescues Tambra literally from the jaws of death, and tenderly nurses her back to health, he soon realizes that, against all odds, Tambra is his one true love.

Temple Fox, leader of the Lycans, is just arrogant enough to believe he can woo Tambra with his charm and good looks. They desperately need fe
Lea Bronsen
This story is a must-read for lovers of paranormal romance. Enter the world of a new species called the Dark Breed. After being bitten by a Lycan (werewolf) during a savage fight and barely surviving, bad-ass and hot-looking Las Vegas cop Tambra Ellis is rising (shifting) into one herself. Marcus Valerian, vampire and leader of the elite Enforcers, nurses and protects her during her change. Their mutual attraction quickly develops, and he realizes why: she is his true mate.

The following battle t
Romancing the Book
Reviewer: Bri
Source: eBook provided by author for review

Blurb: Tambra Ellis has just had her world turned upside down. Surviving a bite from a Lycan, attracted to one hot vampire and now she has to look forward to turning into something from some bad werewolf movie.

Marcus Valerian has enough on his plate without the added complication of Tambra Ellis. Fiery and independent? Sure. Beautiful with a body made for sin? Oh Yeah. She's also a human cop. Tambra is everything he needs to stay away from.
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
This was a quick read for me as the author immediately set the stage with skin-tingling, hair-raising eeriness. I genuinely like Tambra. She is a Sassy, self-reliant heroine who does not come across as too brash or sarcastic. I was drawn to her loyalty and dedication to duty. I would have liked to have felt a bit more of the unique flavor of Las Vegas as it is the backdrop for this adventure. Still, there were a few unexpected twists as the story unfolded which added to its allure. This is the f ...more
Secretly Reading
This is a good first book in a new paranormal series. I liked the world building as it was imaginative and compelling. The secondary characters are outstanding and will make me read their stories. However, the couple quickly jumps to the I-love-you stage without much emotional bonding. I only noted this in passing while speeding through this otherwise excellent book.
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Sanjee
Sanjee marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Oct 27, 2014
Mery
Mery marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Winnie
Winnie marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Shannan Albright lives in Las Vegas, NV with her husband, two dogs and two cats. When not writing she spends her time between oil painting and reading. She loves writing paranormal romances because of the world building and rich characters she finds. She loves dark, edgy heroes and heroines overcoming impossible odds internal and external. I am a "hopeful" Romantic and believe healthy relationship ...more
More about Shannan Albright...

Dark Breed Enforcers (3 books)
  • Passion's Flight (Dark Breed Enforcers, #2)
  • Dark Hunter (Dark Breed Enforcers, #2.5)
Passion's Flight (Dark Breed Enforcers, #2) Beloved Wizard (Knights Of Excalibur, #1) Soul Fire (The Guardians of Drakkan) The Knights Druid (Knights Of Excalibur, #2) The King's Lady (Knights Of Excalibur, #3)

“Wolf, not dog. You were bitten by a Lycan, not Lassie.” 9 likes