Start by marking “Women and Men in My Life” as Want to Read:
Women and Men in My Life

Women and Men in My Life

This volume spans the author's life and career and reminisces about the people he has met and fallen out with and the one he has befriended. This list includes politicians, industrials, civil servants, writers etc.
Published June 1st 1995 by South Asia Books

To ask other readers questions about Women and Men in My Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women and Men in My Life

Gurpreet Kaur
Jun 23, 2008 Gurpreet Kaur rated it it was amazing
a collection of short stories where Khushwant singh candidly discusses his relationship with some of the people who touched his life --- some stayed his friends and others refuse to see his face after this book!!!
Sujata
Jul 15, 2012 Sujata rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Khushwant Singh may his soul rest in peace. In the time which has elapsed his soul must have found a body. We will know when the writer in the person starts to erupt out of its being.

Khushwant Singh’s memoir Women and Men in My Life is divided into two parts, women he knew or wanted to know (I have a good reason for saying that) in the first part and men he knew in the second part. Twelve women and eight men, in fact.These are sort of character sketches not critical portraits but nevertheless sh
Kartik
Jun 08, 2014 Kartik rated it liked it
Shelves: indian-writing
A bunch of anecdotes, ranging from pretty much just name dropping, to interesting behind-the-scenes insights on some interesting people who've made names for themselves. The writing also ranges from bland and perfunctory, to witty and expressive (Funnily enough, though not surprising, the women's chapters are the best written and most descriptive! - Of course, I don't blame him).

For a young person like me, it's a rare, innocent view into the lives of young, bored middle class people back then,
Gaurav Suryavanshi
Dec 09, 2015 Gaurav Suryavanshi rated it it was ok
well written, as usual.. the affinity towards his mates had a great impact on him according to his writing.. however it's never exiting to know about other people you don't know or have heard of unless it's erotic and comic..
unlike his other books( eroticism being the main weapon and tool for attraction) this book though being good verbally and with description may not be that alluring than his other books..
P.S : erotic writing suits Khushwant Singh more
Vinesh Koka
Dec 16, 2011 Vinesh Koka rated it really liked it
Khushwant's writing style is hilarious, and that's what makes this book delightful to read. A lot has not been written otherwise, about most people in this book, so Khushwant's description of their personalities and character traits is likely to be what readers perceive of those individuals (who knows how truthful he is being!)
Pallabi Priyaadarshini
A good read. However one part of the book seems more interesting than the other, probably Mr. Singh's greater affection for women shows up in this book as well.
Pankaj Nayak
Oct 25, 2016 Pankaj Nayak rated it it was ok
I would say , it is an OK book . some of the stories are interesting and thought provoking but other are just normal.
Ravi Chandra
Dec 13, 2012 Ravi Chandra rated it really liked it
I like the book and I love the real spunk of Khushwant, he says everything honestly and he uncovered all the things so clearly that you craved like anything to finish his whole book in a moment.
Sameer Inamdar
Jul 21, 2011 Sameer Inamdar rated it liked it
very nice
Anmol Ankita
Beautifully written, the same saucy and simplistic approach by dearest Khushwant Singh sir. His straight descriptions are no wonder his originality and yet it never ceases to amaze me!
Amrit
Aug 30, 2014 Amrit rated it liked it
typical khushwant Singh.style. honest, straight forward ,witty, writing as usual. one of my fav writers. his writings never fell short to deliver
Sourav
Jul 13, 2016 Sourav rated it liked it
Very easy on the eyes. This book is a great starter for people who want to learn writing biographies. Witty and sharp.
Saransh Mehta
Oct 13, 2013 Saransh Mehta rated it it was amazing
A very good account of the people that have come into the life of 'witty' Khushwant Singh.
Vasu Gopal
Jul 02, 2014 Vasu Gopal rated it liked it
Some hidden stories well versed in text.
Afsar Ali
Jan 26, 2013 Afsar Ali rated it liked it
The authors tells the truth about those people he met sometime in his life.Some of them stopped talking to him beacuse of showing the true colors of them .
Rohit Kaushal
Sep 10, 2013 Rohit Kaushal rated it liked it
Its how he has lived his Life. Hmm.. quite colourful, i must say
Najeeb Naich
Dec 22, 2012 Najeeb Naich marked it as to-read
I like that
Sai
Sai rated it did not like it
Aug 30, 2012
Anil
Anil rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2013
Urvashi Vishrani
Urvashi Vishrani rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2015
Rituraj Kumar
Rituraj Kumar rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2014
Sourav Bhanja
Sourav Bhanja rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
Tania Ahuja
Tania Ahuja rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2013
Neena
Neena rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2013
Subhra Roy
Subhra Roy rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2013
Anup Kumar
Anup Kumar rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2012
Iravati
Iravati rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Ron
Ron rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2013
Fayaz
Fayaz rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Want to read this book 1 2 Dec 14, 2014 03:30PM
  • King of the City
  • Don't Say Yes When You Want to Say No: Making Life Right When It Feels All Wrong
  • Reckless Conduct
  • Death at Buckingham Palace (Her Majesty Investigates #1)
  • Lucknow Boy: A Memoir
  • Sapphire
  • Sisters
  • Questions are the Answers: How to Get to 'Yes' in Network Marketing
  • The Prophet Muhammad:  A Biography
  • Personal Narrative of a Pilgrimage to Al-Madinah and Meccah
  • Puzzles to Puzzle You
  • The Shade of Swords: Jihad and the Conflict Between Islam and Christianity
  • The Breakout Principle: How to Activate the Natural Trigger That Maximizes Creativity, Athletic Performance, Productivity, and Personal Well-Being
  • Life History of Shirdi Sai Baba
  • The Last Prince of Atlantis
  • Is New York Burning?
  • Mengenal Allah Lewat Akal (Allah Is Known Through Reason)
  • Islamic Studies Book 1
Khushwant Singh, (Punjabi: ਖੁਸਵੰਤ ਸਿੰਘ, Hindi: खुशवंत सिंह) born on 2 February 1915 in Hadali, British India, now a part of Punjab, Pakistan, was a prominent Indian novelist and journalist. Singh's weekly column, "With Malice towards One and All", carried by several Indian newspapers, was among the most widely-read columns in the country.

An important post-colonial novelist writing in English, Sing
More about Khushwant Singh...