Start by marking “We Love Our School!: A Read-Together Rebus Story” as Want to Read:
We Love Our School!: A Read-Together Rebus Story

We Love Our School!: A Read-Together Rebus Story

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
This picture book about the first day of school, featuring a frog, a duck, a mouse, and a snail, combines a story in rhyme with colorful graphic rebuses, making it a fun book for parent and child to share in the reading. Children about to enter kindergarten or first grade who long to be able to read will get a sense of accomplishment by "reading" the little rebus pictures ...more
Published June 28th 2011 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about We Love Our School!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Love Our School!

Cheyenne
Jul 18, 2014 Cheyenne rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
This is a good book for parents to read with their children.
The Bougie Twins
Sep 02, 2015 The Bougie Twins rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Ina
Aug 27, 2012 Ina rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime-reads
The kids at my story time loved this book, which allowed them to participate in the telling of this story. The brightly colored illustrations held their interest and they loved this rebus story, happily yelling out the words represented by the rebus pictures. The rhyming text bounces along to make this a great interactive read aloud.
Dana
Jan 17, 2013 Dana rated it it was amazing
A bit too young for Cole but we all LOVED this one. Cute illustrations, cute story. Both boys enjoy books about school so this one was a favorite. We've read it several times already. I'd like to own this one!
Tricia
Aug 27, 2011 Tricia rated it liked it
Children who enjoy rebus stories will be excited to read this book about the first day of school. Rhyming text assists in figuring out words/pictures.
Tam
Oct 03, 2011 Tam rated it really liked it
Shelves: school
This is the first time my 4-year-old has seen a Rebus book. It was a cute, rhyming book about the first day of school for a frog, duck, mouse, and snail.
Angela
Aug 25, 2011 Angela rated it it was amazing
A great book about school that we could read together. Lots of great rhymes. We will be getting many more rebus books to read together.
Marcie
Aug 14, 2011 Marcie rated it really liked it
Might be fun for first day. I did like that I had to think about the rhymes to make the bird a duck and fly not a bee.
Beth
Nov 18, 2011 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
This is a nice book to start school with. There's cute pictures to go along with the clues.
Sarah Coggins
Jan 26, 2012 Sarah Coggins rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, dylan
Cute book. With some words replaced with images my 2.5 year old could "read" with me.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
A rebus story about a frog and his friends and their day at school. Fun to read.
Brindi
This is a great read-together story. Perfect for a school story time theme.
The Styling Librarian
Such a cute rebus story. Fun one to have my son read to me...
Edward Sullivan
Jun 07, 2011 Edward Sullivan rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Great book for reading together.
Emma
Emma rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
Nichole
Nichole rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2015
Cassie
Cassie rated it liked it
May 27, 2015
Toni
Toni rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Deidra
Deidra added it
Aug 01, 2014
Emelia Grace
Emelia Grace rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2014
Cecile Gilbert
Cecile Gilbert rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I took the long-cut to being an author. Out of college I did temporary work in offices and libraries, while at night, I wrote poetry and made strange life forms from cloth. When I teamed up with a puppeteer, Bob Kaminski (my husband), I was able to bring my cloth creations to life. We began performing on the streets of San Francisco, at Renaissance fairs, and at schools. After attending a workshop ...more
More about Judy Sierra...