Start by marking “We Love Our School!: A Read-Together Rebus Story” as Want to Read:
We Love Our School!: A Read-Together Rebus Story

We Love Our School!: A Read-Together Rebus Story

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This picture book about the first day of school, featuring a frog, a duck, a mouse, and a snail, combines a story in rhyme with colorful graphic rebuses, making it a fun book for parent and child to share in the reading. Children about to enter kindergarten or first grade who long to be able to read will get a sense of accomplishment by "reading" the little rebus pictures ...more
Published June 28th 2011 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about We Love Our School!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Love Our School!

Cheyenne
This is a good book for parents to read with their children.
Ina
The kids at my story time loved this book, which allowed them to participate in the telling of this story. The brightly colored illustrations held their interest and they loved this rebus story, happily yelling out the words represented by the rebus pictures. The rhyming text bounces along to make this a great interactive read aloud.
Dana
A bit too young for Cole but we all LOVED this one. Cute illustrations, cute story. Both boys enjoy books about school so this one was a favorite. We've read it several times already. I'd like to own this one!
Tricia
Children who enjoy rebus stories will be excited to read this book about the first day of school. Rhyming text assists in figuring out words/pictures.
Tam
Oct 03, 2011 Tam rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: school
This is the first time my 4-year-old has seen a Rebus book. It was a cute, rhyming book about the first day of school for a frog, duck, mouse, and snail.
Angela
A great book about school that we could read together. Lots of great rhymes. We will be getting many more rebus books to read together.
Marcie
Might be fun for first day. I did like that I had to think about the rhymes to make the bird a duck and fly not a bee.
Beth
This is a nice book to start school with. There's cute pictures to go along with the clues.
Sarah Coggins
Cute book. With some words replaced with images my 2.5 year old could "read" with me.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
A rebus story about a frog and his friends and their day at school. Fun to read.
Brindi
This is a great read-together story. Perfect for a school story time theme.
The Styling Librarian
Such a cute rebus story. Fun one to have my son read to me...
Edward Sullivan
Great book for reading together.
Joyce
Kate
Kate added it
Mar 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I took the long-cut to being an author. Out of college I did temporary work in offices and libraries, while at night, I wrote poetry and made strange life forms from cloth. When I teamed up with a puppeteer, Bob Kaminski (my husband), I was able to bring my cloth creations to life. We began performing on the streets of San Francisco, at Renaissance fairs, and at schools. After attending a workshop ...more
More about Judy Sierra...
Wild About Books The Sleepy Little Alphabet: A Bedtime Story from Alphabet Town ZooZical Born to Read Mind Your Manners, B.B. Wolf