Start by marking “Discover Science: Insects” as Want to Read:
Discover Science: Insects

Discover Science: Insects

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Make science accessible with this essential series that will capture children’s imagination while laying the foundation for future learning. With age-appropriate language and an eye-catching design, Discover Science gives young readers the answers to fundamental questions about the human body, animals, planet Earth and the Solar System.
Published November 22nd 2011 by Kingfisher (first published February 1st 1902)

To ask other readers questions about Discover Science, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discover Science

babyhippoface
This visually appealing title offers basic information about insects--life cycles, anatomy, eating habits, and more--in a well-organized manner. Young bug lovers will be enthralled by the large, sharp, close-up photographs. The impact of a few photos is lessened by their placement directly in the center fold. Vocabulary words are defined along the bottom margin and ther eis a detailed index. For extra fun, four buggy craft projects are included. Add this to a reading list for an elementary unit ...more
Johnny Brooks
Bought this book for my 10 year old daughter today. She read it on the way home, and mentioned to me that it was nice. (She also spouted off some insect facts she learned from the book.) I decided to give it a try for myself, and found it to be a fairly decent little book about insects.

Too small to be chock full of details, but it is full of nice color photos of many insects.
Jessica
This books had great colorful images that can get children attracked about the world of insects. the type of language been used in the book is not hard to understand. Meaning that children in the third to fifth grade can easily read this book.
Vee
This reminds me of my great childhood summers.
Thilak Wickramasinghe
Thilak Wickramasinghe marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Mariah
Mariah added it
Dec 05, 2012
Eastofoz
Eastofoz marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2010
I Wonder Why Zips Have Teeth And Other Questions About Inventions (I Wonder Why Series) Animal Encyclopedia I Wonder Why Soap Makes Bubbles and Other Questions About Science The Great Big Book of Snakes & Reptiles The Big Bug Book: Discover the Amazing World of Beetles, Bugs, Butterflies, Moths, Insects and Spiders