Start by marking “The Baron's Ring” as Want to Read:
The Baron's Ring

The Baron's Ring

4.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  11 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Tristan of Parangor fights his crown prince brother's ignorance and godlessness until he is swept a hundred miles downriver and a world away from his royal life to the tiny town of Larcondale. Forced to make a living and wait for the Lord's time to return home, Tristan becomes a farrier, teacher, and encourager to the town's minister and all its people. Idolatry and occult ...more
Published August 25th 2010 by Findley Family Video (first published August 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Baron's Ring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baron's Ring

Brad Francis
Aug 29, 2013 Brad Francis rated it really liked it
The Baron’s Ring is the story of a prince named Tristan, whose boorish, belligerent and blasphemous brother Dunstan is heir to the throne of Parangor. When his brother ascends to the kingship, many urge Tristan to leave the area to build a decent life for himself, instead of staying in his brother’s shadow and being bullied constantly, but Tristan sees an obligation to remain and do his best to shield the kingdom from the new King’s idiocy and cruelty (never a great combination).

God has other pl
Storyhelix Words
Jan 08, 2016 Storyhelix Words rated it really liked it
The Baron's Ring is a Christian historical romance novel that adults and young adults alike will like. The story centers around Tristan, the God-fearing Prince of his land, who is worried that his pagan-worshiping brother, Dunstan, will ruin the kingdom. Dunstan falls into the river one day, and Tristan saves him, but ends up getting washed down the river to another kingdom. There, seeing the journey near impossible to make, he settles into life. He finds true love, confronts the community membe ...more
Kimberly Newman
Apr 01, 2016 Kimberly Newman rated it it was amazing
The Baron's Ring, by Mary C. Findley is a gem. I read it in one evening, staying up until midnight and finishing it the next morning. It is a beautiful tale of faith with characters of integrity and self-sacrifice. We should all emulate the attributes of Tristan -- hard work, trust in God, never giving up even in the face of pain and blindness, loyalty, faithfulness, and more.

I would say the story is straight up fiction. Though it is written of a different world, there are no fantasy elements. I
Kate Brodsky
Jan 03, 2013 Kate Brodsky rated it it was amazing
Words like eyes are windows into a person's soul. When you take the legend of story and add the Divine, you may even, perhaps glimpse into your own soul. Author Mary C. Findley, has the vision to remind us of the wisdom of the great scriptures in the chapters and woven throughput the text. Those words sink deep, shaping not only the chapters to come, but perhaps it is using this God-given natural talent, that in some small part, helps this Author to enrich the whole world.
For me this book was a
deb
Jun 08, 2013 deb rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful story and I adorned Tristan and Mayra. I love the how the author let us know that a disability should not hinder you from accomplishing the things you want or desire to do in life and that we must always trust, believe and depend on God. We must realize that the plans we have for ourselves is not necessarily the plans that God has for us and this book demonstrated that perfectly. God's plans is always better. I love a book that will draw me closer to the Lord and this was on ...more
Tuanna
Apr 21, 2013 Tuanna rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. It has action,adventure,love, God,deception and so much more. I enjoyed it because it was a page turner, made me feel good knowing others were being kind to a stranger. I learned some things from it as well.
The characters were very discriptive so you could see them in your minds eye. I felt as if I were there. A very believeable story and good humor, too.
Good job Mary.
David Bergsland
I expected a little romance. I received a wonderful, expansive tale of Truth. That is so rare that i wish there were a six-star rating. It's a royal tale with many twists. It's about real godly marriage, righteousness, fruitful character, an much more. Fling yourself into he story. It's a real joy.
Woodenpoet
Woodenpoet marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Stormy
Stormy added it
Jun 26, 2016
M Miller
M Miller marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Sandra Griffin
Sandra Griffin rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Mashelle Haley mclemore
Mashelle Haley mclemore rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Lenore
Lenore marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Rina
Rina marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Jennifer Jungling
Jennifer Jungling rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2014
Katie Easley
Katie Easley marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2013
Rhonda Patton
Rhonda Patton rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2013
Starla
Starla marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2013
Christian Readers: Comments on a new cover 13 9 Mar 29, 2012 06:14AM
I am from upstate NY and my husband is from AZ. We met in college and taught school in AZ, MO and PA. We have three children in their 20s, and currently we live in our tractor trailer and travel around all the 48 states. We homeschooled and taught in church ministries. We have written our books, produced commercial and teaching videos, and maintain a website and blog, now while traveling.
More about Mary C. Findley...