Start by marking “Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)” as Want to Read:
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)

4.59 of 5 stars 4.59  ·  rating details  ·  1,123 ratings  ·  64 reviews
English Version: Yotsuba loooooves playing games! When Daddy's the counter in hide-and-seek, he can never find Yotsuba, 'cos I'm such a good hider! And when we go to the park, Yotsuba's the bestest at swing-tag-shoe-races. Daddy says Yotsuba's making up the rules as we go along, but Yotsuba thinks Daddy's just a sour loser. But maybe Yotsuba will let him win once in a whil...more
Published October 6th 2011 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published November 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 by Kanata KonamiDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaDeath Note, Vol. 2 by Tsugumi OhbaYotsuba&!, Vol. 08 by Kiyohiko AzumaDeath Note, Vol. 3 by Tsugumi Ohba
favorite manga
25th out of 44 books — 5 voters
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriMaid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraOtomen, Vol. 1 by Aya KannoChibi Vampire, Vol. 01 by Yuna KagesakiYotsuba&!, Vol. 02 by Kiyohiko Azuma
Funny Manga's
46th out of 106 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Ryandake
wow, if YOTSUBA doesn't make you want to be a kid again, there is something seriously amiss in your psyche.

ok but seriously. YOTSUBA (whom i cannot think about without all caps, cause well, that's just the kind of girl she is) is so beautifully and fully realized in this series. she's a kind of weird kid, but not an unpleasant one, and by manga terms she is probably the epitome of good mental health. well, actually, by almost any terms on the mental health thing. these books are an honest-to-god...more
Estara
Oct 16, 2011 Estara rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of slice of life and children
Shelves: manga, read-in-2011
MissAnnThrope
31 May 2013

Having a shared affinity for sweet treats, I knew Yotsuba and I were kindred spirits but this absolutely solidified that belief even further:

(view spoiler)

And, yes, I too have the mentality of a five-year-old.

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 will undoubtedly entertain the socks off you. This volume will have you laughing with pancake fiascos, shaving mishaps, and strange vibrating machines. More importantly, this tenth volume will warm you...more
Crystal
This one was a little bit darker. It's interesting when Yotsuba acts like a kid (oh man, that part where she lies and has to go see that creepy statue...), but as always, delightful.
Kricket
in which:
-yotsuba has the same problem with pancakes that i often do
-there is an incident involving jumbo's beard
-yotsuba tells a lie
and
-DANBO RETURNS!!
Ruba AlTurki
GungGung Agung
Apr 08, 2011 GungGung Agung rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: favorites, yotsuba
Maksud hati hanya ingin membaca sinopsis super irit di sampul belakang tapi dengan adanya gambar 3 orang (Yanda, Yotsuba dan ayahnya) yang tengah memakai celemek sekaligus membawa peralatan memasak telah sukses membuatku membayar buku ini di kasir.

Yotsuba belajar memasak bersama dengan ayahnya setelah selesai membaca buku yang bercerita tentang masak-memasak. Yanda yang kebetulan mampir ikut menertawakan sekaligus menikmati masakan Yotsuba. Ada juga cerita dimana Yotsuba, Fuka, Jumbo dan ayah pe...more
VOID Munashii
Azuma once again manages to produce a volume of cuteness and happiness. As will all Yotsuba& books there is no plot to speak of, but it doesn't matter. This time around we get to see Yotsuba try her hand at cooking, hanging out with Jumbo, going to an electronics store, and being taught a lesson about telling the truth.
Most of the regular characters appear, including the Ayase sisters, Yanda, Miura, and a character who has not appeared for a few volumes now (I won't spoil that for you), but...more
Nada
this volume was amazing! every chapter was funny and great ... especially the Yotsuba & Lies chapter.

And I confess in my heart I felt a little bit of sadness after finishing this volume ... because I have only 11 chapters left (the translated ones)
Mayday
I always love single and loving father/mother, so it doesn't surprise me that I buy this manga regularly.

As usual, this manga is so hilarious, in every volume. The artwork is soft and neat, just the way I like it, and Yotsuba sometimes makes me think if Naruto and Temari ever had children, it would be like Yotsuba. Look at her silly face, her silly eyes and her hair. It's Naruto and Temari, lol.

The way his father dealing with Yotsuba being a kid (demanding, sometime naughty and all) was charming...more
Shirley
I love Yotsuba. Every time I read these, I just get a huge smile on my face. A gentle but very funny read for young manga readers.
Harun Harahap
Jumbo nya kocak pas tau kalau Yotsuba dan ayahnya pergi naik balon udara sama gebetannya. Nyahaha..drama abis..
Amy
I can't even pick a favorite part to highlight, because every part of every Yotsuba book is my favorite.
Oh Yotsuba, you and your 4 year old ways crack me up. For the longest time I thought there were only going to be 9 volumes, but when I ran across a Japanese version of volume 10, I about fainted.
In this volume Yotsuba learns how to make pancakes, gets punished for lying, and is visited by her good friend Danbo the cardboard robot!
There's always a good laugh here and there in these stories. Yes, they are simple and childish. But, it's a simple pleasure that makes me smile.
When I bought this volum...more
Elaine Lin
Oh lord, she's starting to grow up now! She has learned many new things but there is still so much to go through in life. Yotsuba starts to roam around herself and experiences many new things by herself. She starts growing her independence and basically growing up. I just can't get enough of this series and i hope it never ends because it makes my day just reading and relaxing. This book is strongly recommended for anyone at anytime because it just gets your mind off things. Reading this book, g...more
Aischa
This is my favorite series. The only series, because it is not overly cutesy-poo or full of romance--it truly is a "slice of life". Yotsuba captures the essence of being a child. If you liked the film Totoro, you would love Yotsuba. You can find the books on Amazon, in English. It's not a problem.
Kiyohiko's art is just fantabulous! The characters are well drawn, and the background detail is always exquisite. As much as I hate suburbs, his drawings make me want to live there.

If anybody can recom...more
Noora
I´ve read (1-10) Yotsuba!? books and this is one of my favorite manga. I love yotsuba, actually I can say that I wish I could have child like yotsuba.

Characters are great in Yotsuba. Yotsuba is funny little green hair child, who has amazing dad and dad has amazing weird friends. They also live in lovely area and they have lovely neighbors. Characters are so different and everybody of them all interesting.
Azuma tells really good story´s and draws like really good. I laugh so much when I read the...more
Ashley D--
I didn't think I would read a Yotsuba chapter I found funnier than the "Yotsuba & No Bother!" chapter in volume 2, but this volume takes the cake with "Yotsuba & Pancakes!" I'm giving the whole volume 5 stars because it is among my top three favourites, even though some of the other stories in the book fell a little flat.

To read my full review, go to http://respectablecollection.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/yotsuba-vol-10/.
Jordan
Adorable, as usual. I feel Yotsuba's pain when trying to make pancakes, but she seems to have much more patience and determination than I ever do. I just give up and go to IHOP. The return of Danbo was nice to see, especially when they're trying to come up with a cover story for why his head is sitting in Miura's room. The lying episode was a bit weird though. Just a bit darker than typical, with Yotsuba clearly being terrified, which made it feel kind of out of place.
Sara
Apparently in Japan, if you're a child and you lie, you get taken to this crazy scary statue named Niousan to pray. The statue is so creepy looking that it scares you into never lying again. That ranks right up with this tv show in crazy but hilarious things from Japan imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls069e...

Anyway, Jumbo and Yotsuba got their own chapter in this one! Jumbo reminds me of my Uncle - both of them are tall and funny.
Kate
Yotsuba&! is hilarious, adorable, simple, perfect. Somehow this story brings out the joys of everyday life in such a beautiful way and makes me smile and look at my own life with new appreciation. Highly recommended. Now that I'm all caught up with the volumes, I'm a little sad. I need more of Yotsuba and her hijinks!

*edit - looks like volume 11 in September. Yay! I was worried that it would be even longer before the next one came out.
Sophia F
Yotsuba's Swing-Tag-Shoe-Races are pretty awesome. :) I gotta try it sometime. She keeps making up new rules though, so it's gonna be hard to play along. :)
Her dad is such a good dad, but the thought of the fact that he really isn't her REAL dad kind of bothers me. Even though this is a funny series, I need at least ONE part of ONE book to at least explain how he started taking care of her. In more detail than before. I just gotta know!!!
Nura
amaze ama Yotsuba! karena bisa bikin adek gw nyentuh komik macem nih sampe covernya dekil and dekumel, though his reasons was for comparative studies. suka banget pas si ayah pamer sama jumbo kalo mereka abis piknik sama asagi. trus gayanya yotsuba waktu dengerin musik di toko elektronik juga keren. penuh penghayatan. sama pas ayah ngehukum yotsuba di kuil gara2 berbohong, trus patungnya say gudbay waktu mereka pergi :D
Emilia P
In which the robot friend returns! That was amazing. Yotsuba's such a lucky kid to have so many people who love her and take care of her, you know? That comforts one, doesn't it? Yes, indeed. Ahhh I only have two more to go!
Anod
الكتاب يجعلك تريد العوده الى ايام الطفولة بشكل كبير بطريقة روايته لقصة طفله في الخامسة من عمرها تم تبنيها من رجل ياباني و تحاول التأقلم في موطنها الجديد مع مغامرات ظريفة و مضحكه . ارى انه من الممتع قراءة هذا الكتاب خاصه في اوقات الفراغ ؛ حيث ان قصصها قصيرة و مقسمه فيسهل قراءتها من وقت الى اخر . الكتاب يريك براءه هذه الفتاة و طفولتها بشكل جميل و جذاب يمكن لأي شخص قراءة هذا الكتاب فهو مناسب لجميع الفئات والاعمار .
Carrie
Check out the twilight-y, long-shadowed cover art on this volume. I like it.

This time around, Yotsuba breaks a bunch of stuff in the house while playing with a giant exercise ball, lies about it, and then learns a lesson about lying. Pretty heavy stuff, right?

But, she also learns how to flip pancakes, Yanda drops by for a visit, and Jumbo and Fukka take Yotsuba to an electronics store.

Grace
Yotsuba plays games with her dad, and tries to cook pancakes. She also gets back in touch with a robot named Danbo.
I picked up this book because the cover looked interesting and it looked different from the other books' covers.
I finished it because it was funny.
I would recommend this book to Rachel because she likes manga.
Addictive and just easy to read all in one day :) Always on an adventure is Yotsuba! I never really know how to review this manga because it's more or less the same everytime but with some different themes thrown in and because I tend to read these mangas quickly they kinda all blur into one big story.

However, I love the robot! <3
Sakura Yue Michaelis
I do not think the Lying episode was disturbing; it was a way to make Yotsuba to be scared of lying. Her dad is awesome anyway, so patient and caring.

Yotsuba & the robot, nice. She is such a cute little girl; everytime I finish reading one volume my maternal instincts grow. I want to have a daughter like her!
Orlaith
Is there a more perfect occupation than being a five-year-old? Reading about Yotsuba, I don't think so. Everyone knows that one kid, full of energy, who just wants to learn about everything. Yotsuba is the perfect embodiment of that child and I challenge you not to laugh out loud at her antics.
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2
  • Bunny Drop 3 (Bunny Drop, #3)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • A Bride's Story 04
  • Yakitate!! Japan, Volume 2
  • Bakuman, Volume 5: Yearbook and Photobook
  • PLUTO: 浦沢 直樹 x 手塚 治虫 005 (Pluto, #5)
Kiyohiko Azuma (東清彦 or あずま きよひこ Azuma Kiyohiko) is a Japanese manga author and artist. His most well-known work is Azumanga Daioh. His current series is Yotsuba&!, which is serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh magazine.
More about Kiyohiko Azuma...
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 (Yotsuba&! #1) Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1 (Azumanga Daioh, #1) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 (Yotsuba&! #2) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 (Yotsuba&! #4)