Start by marking “Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell Summary & Study Guide” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Faceless Killers by He...

BookRags

Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell Summary & Study Guide

This study guide consists of approx. 0 pages of chapter summaries, quotes, character analysis, themes, and more – everything you need to sharpen your knowledge of Faceless Killers. This detailed literature summary also contains Topics for Discussion and a Free Quiz on Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published March 24th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell Summary & Study Guide

Vanda Bromwich
Oct 11, 2013 Vanda Bromwich rated it liked it
An Inspector Wallander mystery set in a small town in Sweden. An elderly couple are found murdered in a most horrific way. No one knows why, or who the perpetrators are, why would an old farmer and his wife be tortured to death?
A quick read, took me a couple of hours on holiday, couldn't put it down til I finished it.
Julie
Oct 26, 2012 Julie rated it it was ok
For once the tv show is better than the book. The writing, especially the dialogue, was just too stilted and simplistic for me. To some degree this may have been a function of translation, but not entirely.
Book Wormy
Mar 19, 2016 Book Wormy rated it liked it
Shelves: 1001-read, bw-tbr
Faceless Killers Henning Mankell

Set in the Swedish town of Ystad this is the first book in the Kurt Wallander series.

The book opens with the brutal murder of two pensioners living on a remote farm, the brutality of the attack shocks the police and they are determined to find the culprits whatever the cost.

Before the woman dies she repeatedly utters the word foreign, the police are reluctant to let this information out into the public domain as the Swedish immigration policy is one that always ra
Jim
Oct 03, 2012 Jim rated it it was amazing
Plot spoiler ahead.

After reading The Faceless Killers, it occurred to me that the protagonist takes on the qualities of his nationality. Bond urbane and deadly, Renko, relentless and obstructed by his own government, Marlowe, dark, laconic and quick with his fists, and Wallender is surrounded by Nordic beauty and is overworked and depressed.

The book opens slowly and eventually three murders are solved with two of them not connected. The writting is ordinary but stays out of the way of the plot
Mary
Apr 29, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing
This is #1. Wow, did Mankell start out strong! I feel that I am well acquainted with Wallander, the quirky main character. In fact, after watching the entire Masterpiece Mystery, I felt abandoned. No more episodes. It is a treat to find works I have not yet read and reenter Wallander's life. The LA Times calls Mankell "Sweden's greatest living mystery writer."
Bernie
Sep 03, 2012 Bernie added it
All of his books hook me pretty quickly. I can hardly put them down and read them in about two days each. His character detective inspector Kurt Wallender is a brooding coffee and alcohol consuming overworked and overtired character who is very lonely and dedicated to catching killers. I have read 10 paperbacks and have three more on my Kindle.

Bevjirwin
May 09, 2015 Bevjirwin rated it liked it
so used to reading new mysteries,old -find a phone- wait to check things,just another era. slow moving and not as edge of your seat thrilling as current offerings
Deanna Derosa
Deanna Derosa rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2014
Corrie
Corrie rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Jenna Ruud
Jenna Ruud rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2013
Pam
Dec 25, 2012 Pam rated it it was amazing
Great read. Less of a mystery and more of a character study. What a sad man Wallender is!
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Antonio Carvalho
Antonio Carvalho rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2013
Mark balson
Mark balson rated it liked it
May 13, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Dec 05, 2012
Marvin
Marvin rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Suebsteve
Suebsteve rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Therese Grabowski
Therese Grabowski rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2016
Lisa Renaud
Lisa Renaud rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2014
Mary Jane
Mary Jane rated it liked it
May 08, 2013
Peter
Peter rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2013
Judy Anderson
Judy Anderson rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2012
Linconter
Linconter rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2012
Jaana
Jaana rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Michaela
Michaela rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2015
Nancy Snow
Nancy Snow rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2011
Carmen Lackett
Carmen Lackett rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2014