Start by marking “Mama Sees Stars (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
Mama Sees Stars (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #4)

Mama Sees Stars (A Mace Bauer Mystery #4)

When a film crew comes a'callin on little Himmarshee, Mace snags a job as animal wrangler. Mama is sure this cowboy flick will be her own ticket to Hollywood. The Left Coasters are out of their element: No vanilla lattes or yoga studios. Hotter outside than a Santa Ana. Mosquitoes as big as Gulfstream jets.

The locals think the film folk are nuttier than squirrels at a pean
Published September 8th 2011 by Midnight Ink (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mama Sees Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mama Sees Stars

Jacqueline Corcoran
Jan 16, 2013 Jacqueline Corcoran rated it really liked it
Mama Sees Stars is the fourth book in the series set in a fictional rural town in Northern Florida. The protagonist Mace is hired to take care of the horses for a Hollywood movie being filmed in town, with Mace’s Mama having a bit part in the movie. When the director is killed, motives for his murder abound among the celebrities and other luminaries making the movie.

As usual, Mama and Mace’s sisters, particularly the oldest one, provide a lot of the humor. The tension with the love interest, Ca
❂ Jennifer
Jun 26, 2013 ❂ Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
3 stars because I'm just not a fan of the premise - a murder on a movie set placed in the middle of Florida. Murder mysteries within a series, where a whole new cast of characters are introduced are my least favorite; I figure out who's who in a series and then suddenly I have another passel of characters to figure out and keep straight. Usually this happens when the main character of a series encounters murder and mayhem on vacation, at a conference, etc. But hollywood setting up shop in Himmar ...more
Suspense Magazine
Oct 11, 2011 Suspense Magazine rated it really liked it
Move over, all you America’s Got Talent hopefuls. A new star is born, and it’s none of you. Hollywood has come to the small southern town of Himmarshee, Florida. Mace Bauer has been hired as animal wrangler for the movie shoot. Naturally, where Mace goes, her five-time married Mama is right behind her, along with sisters Marty and Maddie.
Mama is determined to become Hollywood royalty – or, at the very least, to score a speaking part in the movie. What she doesn’t count on is finding the murdered
Victoria Allman
Aug 10, 2011 Victoria Allman rated it it was amazing

Look-out Himmarshee, the craziness of Hollyweird is moving into your small-town!

When a big name Hollywood movie begins filming in town Mama and her girls Maddie, Marty and Mace are wrapped up in the drama of it all.
Mama's the star of the show both in her own mind and on the pages of author Deborah Sharp's fourth Mace Bauer Mystery. From the dead producer found on set to the final scene, Mama fans will love her latest escapades.
Mace thinks someone is intent on shutting down the production when
Gramy
Oct 20, 2013 Gramy rated it liked it
This is the fourth book in this series. I really enjoyed the first three books in the "Mace Bauer Mystery" series. I was disappointed in this book. It was difficult to follow the story line as easily because of the influx of new characters. I lean toward a series because once you become familiar with the base line of characters, it makes it a much easier comprehend the new story line. When so many new characters are introduced, you have to learn who each new character is and how they are affilia ...more
Carly
Sep 16, 2011 Carly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
loved this book! I didn't want to put it down.

This is the 4th book in the Mace Bauer mystery series and the 1st i have read, it could be read as a stand alone novel.

I fell in love with the characters from the start especially Mama, she has the best one liners & a fantastic personality.

I was left wondering who-dun-it at every turn and I suspected everybody, I was surprised in the end.

Mace is a complicated character and finds it hard to show her true feelings where love is concerned. She a
Phillis
Nov 04, 2011 Phillis rated it really liked it
I finally finished the book. Murder on a movie set in Himmarshee, Florida. If anyone has read the Mace Bauer Mystery Series you'll know Mace works for the Dept of Parks in the this made up town in Florida. Mace takes a job as an animal wrangler for a western being filmed in her hometown.The producer has been killed, nobody liked him so everyone is a suspect. Pretty soon other near misses makes everyone a little antsy. Mace tries her best to figure out who the killer is but her off again, on agai ...more
Susan
Sep 02, 2011 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-florida
When a film company comes to Himmarshee, Mace Bauer signs on as animal wrangler, bringing her mother and two sisters as her curious "assistants." Mama snares a bit part in the film, and she and Mace discover a body. As more incidents, accidents and near-misses occur, Mace is distracted from her usual detecting by a crisis about the two men in her life. Can she make up her mind about commitment before the killer commits another murder? Next time, it may be Mace in the killer's sights.
Debra
Aug 29, 2011 Debra rated it it was amazing
Himmarshee Florida is seeing excitement - an honest to God Hollywood movie is being filmed there, with star and everything. You know that Mama is going to be front and center, right?

The humor and romance that I have come to enjoy in Deborah Sharp's series is definitely present bere. Looking forward to the 5th Mama book.
Sarann
Nov 02, 2011 Sarann rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I enjoyed this book, but not as much as the others in the series. I felt like the back and forth between Mace and Carlos had gone on for way too many books and the gay subplot wasn't well incorporated into the main storyline.
Jason Grimes
Dec 19, 2012 Jason Grimes rated it it was ok
Decent. It's much to like the other 3. Still has some funny parts, but still has a shallow mystery plot like the others. Quick read and I will read the next one just to keep up with the series and to see If the author branches out her skills.
Amber Adamchuk
Aug 15, 2012 Amber Adamchuk rated it liked it
Cute family fun. Makes you not want to be a Hollywood star with the drama. This one was a bit tricker on the the murder then past ones. I want to smack Carlos sometimes and other times I want to smack Mace, but I guess it might all work out in the end... you have to read to find out.
Nora-adrienne
Aug 19, 2011 Nora-adrienne rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozies
This was my first Mace Bauer Mystery, but it sure as hell won't be my last. The story had humor, slapstick, pathos, and a number of great action scenes.
Linda Baker
Jun 12, 2013 Linda Baker rated it liked it
Margo
Jun 08, 2012 Margo added it
fun little mystery
Maureen Litterio
Jun 19, 2014 Maureen Litterio rated it it was amazing
can't put her books down once i start. an easy enjoyable read
Dan Andriacco
May 17, 2013 Dan Andriacco rated it really liked it
Hilarious escapade of southern-fried murder and and mayhem.
Sep 19, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
another keeper!!
Qianna
Dec 30, 2012 Qianna rated it it was amazing
I love the southern humor and the mysteries all tied into one. :)
Vicky Beltz
Jan 21, 2013 Vicky Beltz rated it it was amazing
Fun characters, a rodeo, and good story.
Nadine Leaman
I've read this entire series. Mama was a hoot as usual in this book. Mace was a bit annoying to me because of the teenage behavior with the men in her life. She needs to grow up!
Lori Jenkins
Mar 03, 2012 Lori Jenkins rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoy this series of Mama books with Mace Bauer's detective skills. Ever humorous they provide many hours of enjoyable reading.
Karen Shoe
Jul 22, 2012 Karen Shoe rated it really liked it
This is a fun series....Mama Sees Stars is the fourth book. It is easy to read and entertaining. I'm looking forward to many more books about Mace and her family.
Diva Dog
Diva Dog rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2012
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2012
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2015
Melissa Benini
Melissa Benini rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Saumya
Saumya rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Marsha
Marsha rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2011
Kathy Griffin
Kathy Griffin rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Mortar and Murder (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #4)
  • Lady Be Good: a Blackbird Sisters (and Friends) Prequel (Blackbird Sisters Mystery Series, #0.6)
  • Board Stiff (A Dead-End Job Mystery, #12)
  • Cat in a Yellow Spotlight (Midnight Louie #26)
  • The Busy Woman's Guide to Murder (A Charlotte Adams Mystery #5)
  • Parrots Prove Deadly (Pru Marlowe, #3)
  • Murder of a Bookstore Babe (Scumble River Mystery, #13)
  • Cat Telling Tales (Joe Grey, #17)
  • The Root of all Trouble(A Nina Quinn #7)
  • Literally Murder (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery #4)
  • How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning, #3)
  • Mr. Monk is a Mess (Mr. Monk, #14)
  • Gossamer Ghost (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #12)
  • Death, Taxes, and Hot-Pink Leg Warmers (Tara Holloway, #5)
  • Tropical Warning: An Original Serge Storms Story and Other Debris (Serge Storms series)
Like the main character in her funny, Southern-flavored mysteries, Deborah's roots were set in Florida long before Disney and ''Miami Vice.'' A native and former reporter for USA Today, she knows spots not found on maps: Molasses Junction. Muse. And now, Himmarshee, her own slice of Authentic Florida.
It's the setting for her Mace Bauer Mysteries, featuring Mace's wacky ''Mama.'' To create it, Deb
More about Deborah Sharp...

A Mace Bauer Mystery (5 books)
  • Mama Does Time (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #1)
  • Mama Rides Shotgun (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #2)
  • Mama Gets Hitched (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #3)
  • Mama Gets Trashed (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #5)