Start by marking “An Evening for Vayl and Jaz (Jaz Parks #4.5)” as Want to Read:
An Evening for Vayl and Jaz (Jaz Parks #4.5)

An Evening for Vayl and Jaz (Jaz Parks #4.5)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  315 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In this short story, told from each character's perspective, Vayl and Jaz spend a romantic evening together. This story takes place after the events of Bitten to Death.

Word count: ~5,500
Published (first published June 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about An Evening for Vayl and Jaz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Evening for Vayl and Jaz

Amy A
A great little in-between short story with just Jaz and Vayl. Told in alternating narratives it's nice to get Vayl's perspective and feelings on Jaz since the main story series is told from her point of view. Released posthumously, this novella along with Scouting Jasmine and The Golem Hunt fit nicely into the overall storyline.
Sandy
I was a huge fan of this series, grabbing them as soon as they hit the shelves & was saddened when I heard the author had passed away. Her books provided me with many hours of laughter & sighs.
So when I came across this novella, I picked it up for one more visit with Vayl (a hunk among vampires) & his human colleague, Jaz. In the overall arc of the story, at this point they are enjoying a successful professional partnership. Both feel the mutual attraction but Jaz is fighting it for
chucklesthescot
To be honest with you, I didn't really see the point to this story. Jaz freaks out about what dress to wear for dinner with Vayl before he goes off to Romania to take care of his issues over the death of his sons. Vayl wonders what Jaz is wearing. Jaz gets pissed to see two sinks in the bathroom at Vayl's home in case that means other women have been there, which is such a stupid thing to have a tantrum over. You know he has had countless women before you yet you have a hissy fit over two sinks ...more
Robin
Kinda short. About the length of one chapter.
Charlotte (Buried in Books)
Meredith
This was a cute short story that gives a glimpse into a bit of Vayl and Jazz's relationship that we don't see in the novels. It is a little sad that there won't be any additional writings done by this amazingly funny author. Holy lima beans, need I say more.
Ashley
It was ok but way too short. I'm not sure if I should continue with this series or not.
Sandra
I liked the back and forth between Jaz's and Vayl's POV. Really sweet.
Clarke

Short but good. I like it when we get to see things from Vayl's POV.
Claudia
3,5 Stars ... Not because it was Not nice but definitely to short
Regina
June 11, 2011
K
K marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Simona F.
Simona F. marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Tlop
Tlop marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Jaz
Jaz marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Danielle Roussel
Danielle Roussel marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Jessica Davis
Jessica Davis marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Anbu Jey
Anbu Jey marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Tashayia
Tashayia marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Amber
Amber added it
Feb 16, 2015
Shauna
Shauna marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
  • Violet Tendencies (Sabina Kane, #2.5)
  • Buying Trouble (Dorina Basarab, #1.1)
  • Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #5)
  • Cat Tales (Jane Yellowrock, #3.5)
  • Let it Bleed (WVMP Radio, #3.5)
  • When Shadows Call (Shaede Assassin, #0.5)
  • Web of Deceit (Elemental Assassin, #0.4)
  • Tricks of the Trade (Paranormal Scene Investigations, #3)
  • Undead to the World (The Bloodhound Files, #6)
  • Etiquette & Espionage - FREE PREVIEW (The First 3 Chapters)
  • Kiss of a Star (Artemis Lupine, #2)
I’ve spent all my life in the Midwest, which has certainly shaped my perspective on all kinds of issues, from the question of whether or not we really have an accent, to the many and varied uses of corn.

I was born in Evansville, Indiana on April 28, 1965. Mom tells me almost every year what crappy weather it was that day. However I like to think of my birthday as the first frost-free date for my p
More about Jennifer Rardin...

Jaz Parks (8 books)
  • Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1)
  • Another One Bites the Dust (Jaz Parks, #2)
  • Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3)
  • Bitten to Death (Jaz Parks, #4)
  • One More Bite (Jaz Parks, #5)
  • Bite Marks (Jaz Parks, #6)
  • Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks, #7)
  • The Deadliest Bite (Jaz Parks, #8)
Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1) Another One Bites the Dust (Jaz Parks, #2) Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3) Bitten to Death (Jaz Parks, #4) One More Bite (Jaz Parks, #5)