Start by marking “The Boric Acid Murder: A Gloria Lamerino Mystery” as Want to Read:
The Boric Acid Murder: A Gloria Lamerino Mystery

The Boric Acid Murder: A Gloria Lamerino Mystery (Periodic Table #5)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A trip to the Revere Public Library proves fatal for thirty-six-year-old Yolanda Fiore. Her body is found early one morning at the bottom of the library's staircase. The evidence shows she'd been struck on the back of the head before her fall.

In this fifth Periodic Table Mystery, retired physicist Gloria Lamerino is not inclined to take on another murder investigation--he
Published May 8th 2002 by Minotaur Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Boric Acid Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boric Acid Murder

Katherine Rowland
I wanted this book to be so much more than it really was. I was intrigued by the non-standard sleuth, and had high hopes that it would be intelligent and humorous. The intelligence and humor were there, but they were wrapped in so much triteness and repetition that they were hard to enjoy.

Minichino gives us a middle-aged, heavy, amateur detective in Lamerino. So far, so good. The problem is that Minichino then uses all the "heavy, middle-aged person" tropes that will fit in the novel. Instead o
Nancy
Initially I was prepared to write that this book didn't merit the time or energy necessary to write a review, but I decided that the mystery genre deserved more than that snippy comment.

I was frustrated by the contrast of the book's promise vs. its delivery. I loved the concept of a recently retired, brainy older woman "helping" her small town police dept. solve crimes when scientific expertise was required. As a true believer that mystery novels can attain literary hights, I am particularly dis
Anastasia
The Boric Acid Murder by Camille Minichino is the 5th book in the periodic table mystery series. This time police scientific consultant Gloria Lamerino becomes involved in solving the murder of a laboratory public affairs writer when her friends son is accused of the murder. I enjoyed seeing Gloria's romance progress further through the book as she cleverly works through the various suspects. A wonderful series which I am looking forward to continuing.
Andy Plonka
The author is a has a PhD in Physics, but she manages to make this branch of science comprehensible for the layman while spinning a pretty good mystery to boot.
Nick Duretta
Fairly blah, run-of-the-mill mystery. Could have been more interesting given some of the plot elements. I'm not motivated to read any more in this series.
Felicia
Good story, interesting mystery and very enjoyable characters. I think I'm most happy with the characters.
Diana Bringardner
Enjoyed the mystery but the writing style didn't capture me.
Phifer, Barbara
I always did like chemistry!
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Christina West
Christina West marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Melissa Elder
Melissa Elder marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Clara
Clara added it
Jan 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Camille has 2 pseudonyms: MARGARET GRACE and ADA MADISON.
More about Camille Minichino...

Periodic Table (9 books)
  • The Hydrogen Murder (Periodic Table, #1)
  • The Helium Murder (Periodic Table, #2)
  • The Lithium Murder (Periodic Table, #3)
  • The Beryllium Murder (Periodic Table, #4)
  • The Carbon Murder (Periodic Table, #6)
  • The Nitrogen Murder (Periodic Table, #7)
  • The Oxygen Murder (Periodic Table, #8)
  • The Fluorine Murder (Periodic Table, #9)
The Hydrogen Murder (Periodic Table, #1) The Helium Murder (Periodic Table, #2) The Carbon Murder (Periodic Table, #6) The Lithium Murder (Periodic Table, #3) The Oxygen Murder (Periodic Table, #8)