Start by marking “The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas / Gabriel's Angel” as Want to Read:
The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas / Gabriel's Angel

The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas / Gabriel's Angel

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1,055 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Just in time for the holidays--a beautiful volume from the incomparable #1 New York Times bestselling master of romance Nora Roberts. This collection contains three classic tales of holiday love, together in paperback for the first time.
Published October 2007 by Silhouette Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gift

Milly Dunaway
Jan 25, 2014 Milly Dunaway rated it it was amazing
Three great short stories all in one book. I especially enjoyed Gabriel's Angel.
Lissette
Oct 30, 2007 Lissette rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romantics
Not a bad read but a little mushy. I tend to like a little more story line but it was a good read.
Carrie
Dec 07, 2009 Carrie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: roberts-nora-own
This book was the perfect easy Holiday read. During this busy time, being able to read a 'heavy' book is just not possible. This book contains three really good, sweet stories that are not only a pleasure to read but also leave you full of the feeling of Christmas as the love of family.

In the first story, we meet Jason and Faith who are high school sweet hearts who lose touch when Jason leaves to begin his career. After ten years of longing and bitterness, Jason return home to find that he left
Caroline G'wattage
Jul 30, 2011 Caroline G'wattage rated it really liked it

Home For Christmas: What a sweet story. Nora Roberts is always someone to count on for a good romance.
This story is a little predictable and a little disappointing, because it was so short and you wanted to drag on a little more, it was a bit rushed at the end, it was finshed before you knew it.

All l Want for Christmas: The Characters were adorable, and the storyline was very much like a fairytale.
A single dad with twin boys Zeke and Zach wish for a 'Mum' for christmas. Zeke and Zach love their
Maria
Nov 20, 2011 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Home for Christmas
I really loved the small town feel of the first story, and of course the surprise at the end. I loved Faith's doll business and how Jason dressed up as Santa in order to help her. I loved Clara and her relationship with Jason. I do wish it had been longer because it is that good and so perfect for the Christmas season.

All I Want for Christmas
I loved the twins and how they had a plan to make Nell their mommy. I loved their chemistry as a little family, and again wished this had
Tama
Nov 13, 2012 Tama rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My mom gave me this book about this time last year but I didn't get to read it until this year. It was a good way to kick off the Christmas season with the three stories in this book. In the first, the world known reporter comes back to his small town and reunites with his former girlfriend. Just love small town literature, even if it is a bot hokey. In the second, twins Zeke and Zack ( really?? People do not name twins like that any more!) wish for a mom for Christmas. She comes in the form of ...more
Angelique Anderson
Dec 16, 2009 Angelique Anderson rated it really liked it
I'm sad that this compilation began with "Home For Christmas." It was a good story, don't get me wrong, but it just didn't have the flavor the two other stories contained; which poorly affected the turn around time on this novel. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that this was the first strictly-romance novel that I've read of Nora's and so I came into it expecting a fast-pace thriller like Divine Evil and instead I received three wholesome Hallmark quality stories.

By the end of the
Angelique
Mar 06, 2012 Angelique rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010

By the end of the
Janet
Feb 27, 2013 Janet added it
Shelves: 2013
Home For Christmas (1986), All I Want For Christmas (1994), Gabriel’s Angel (1989) by Nora Roberts

This Anthology by Nora Roberts can’t be rated all the same at all. The first, and shortest, of the stories just seemed too easy and sweet to be real. It only felt like a 2 star story to me. Maybe if it had been a much longer story we would have seen a lot more substance, who knows. All I Want for Christmas was really nice and was almost a complete story in the shorter length but the ending did it in
Donna
Dec 26, 2012 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed
This book is 3 stories in one. I enjoyed all of them, but it is not her best work.

The first story is "Home for Christmas". I liked Faith, but Jason was somewhat of an idiot. He is angry because she didn't try to contact him in 10 years. Guess what buddy, you could have contacted her. Good story. A little predictable.

The second story, "All I want for Christmas". Again, the hero is a little bit of an idiot. I liked Nell, but Mac is angry when he has no right to be.

The third story "Gabriel's Ange
Debbie
Sep 03, 2012 Debbie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is the last of the Nora Roberts anthologies/dual books I have in my backlog, at the moment. According to my LibraryThing record, I hadn't read the first story, "Home for Christmas" before, but since I recognized it immediately when I started, I think I'd picked it up around Christmas last year, just never re-read the other stories. The first two have a Christmas theme, and are from previous holiday anthologies, and the last one is one of her earlier novels for Silhouette, Gabriel's Angel. I ...more
lezenmetkirsten
Dec 03, 2016 lezenmetkirsten rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Dit is de perfecte maand voor dit boek dat ik al een tijdje in de kast heb staan. Vanaf vandaag ga ik heerlijk beginnen aan deze kerstverhalen.
Vandaag staat het eerste verhaal 'Thuis met kerst' op het programma.

De afgelopen drie dagen heb ik ook 'Gabriels engel' en 'Lieve kerstman' gelezen. Alledrie de verhalen zijn heerlijk romantisch in een winterse sfeer. Ik heb weer genoten van Nora Roberts, gelukkig heb ik nog veel meer van haar boeken in de kast staan.

Maar eerst ga ik mijn andere kerst cq
A. R.
Dec 06, 2011 A. R. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was just what I expected - mindless romance! :) The stories had happy endings and not much depth, but that was just what I was looking for this time of year! I liked, too, that two of the storied had Christmas themes. I think I liked 'Gabrielle's Angel' the best of the three stories, simply because the characters had more depth. Reading "The Gift" was a lot like watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel.
Sherri
Dec 28, 2012 Sherri rated it liked it
This book contains three of Roberts' novels (the first two are really novellas at barely 100 pages each). I really liked the first two (Home for Christmas and All I Want for Christmas) better than the last one (Gabriel's Angel). The first two books are truly holiday reads (as you can guess by their titles) which might be partially why I enjoyed them more.
Katrin Adriaensen
Nov 18, 2014 Katrin Adriaensen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Een beetje flauwe verhalen. Heel voorspelbaar. Toen ik het derde verhaal begon wist ik in de tweede zin van hoofdstuk 1 al hoe het ging eindigen... Dus ik heb het boek weggelegd. Goed voor de echte fan van liefdesromannetjes, voor mij iets te melig. Ik lees wel eens graag zo'n verhaaltjes maar 1 of max 2 is wel genoeg, dus 3 na elkaar in 1 boek is voor mij teveel van het goeie.
Carla
Nov 25, 2011 Carla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, christmas
This is a trio of homey romance novellas, with the first two being Christmas-themed. I'm not a huge Nora Roberts fan, but these were typical of her writing and sweet. The second romance resolved rather abruptly, but that is a common problem with novellas. All in all, enjoyable, quick escape reads.
Sophie
Dec 20, 2012 Sophie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Containing 3 very distinct stories that will capture the readers heart in 3 very different way. Although different the stories all has the same theme in common. Romance... love... happiness. Anyways you put it the magic of human emotion makes one of the most phenomenal romance stories of all time.
Kat Evans
Mar 18, 2014 Kat Evans rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance lovers
Recommended to Kat by: no one
Three wonderful winter wonderland stories. Very well-paced writing. I especially loved the instant connection between the couple in the third story. Both reaching out for help and healing, and finding so much more. Aw, its romance the best part of life?
Karen
Dec 14, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book of 3 books. I wanted a good "Christmas" read to get me in the holiday spirit. This book did just that. I loved the characters in "Gabriel's Angel" and wanted the story to go on and on. I love happy endings and Nora's books always deliver.
Polgara Raven
The first two stories just didn't speak to me. I was ready for a nice romantic story during christmas, but the first two didn't deliver. Fortunately the third one did and made me smile. I have read better stories from nora roberts, so i am still a bit dissapointed.
Stacey
Nov 14, 2011 Stacey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Book has three stories. The first two were much too short for me. But, that is my own fault. I knew what I was getting when I bought it. Nice, light reading. Work is too busy tor read anything more involved so this was perfect. Third story had too many "romance" scenes for my taste.
Rating is for the first story, not the second. I have read the "Gabriel's Angel" and rated it separately as it is a favorite.
Nydia
Jul 05, 2014 Nydia rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable!
Barbara James
Oct 24, 2010 Barbara James rated it really liked it
contemporary romance
Kristy
Nov 25, 2010 Kristy rated it it was amazing
Loved all these Christmas stories! Gabriel's Angel was the best!!!
Laurie Kutil
Nov 08, 2015 Laurie Kutil rated it really liked it
Three great love stories, very hard to put the book down.
Jenny
Dec 14, 2014 Jenny rated it liked it
A little too much sentimentality, but glad I read it at Christmas
Sharon Sherman
Dec 12, 2011 Sharon Sherman rated it it was amazing
Nora writes beautiful books and this one with three stories is no different. She pulls you right in to the lives of her characters.
Valerie Owens
Aug 04, 2011 Valerie Owens rated it it was amazing
two sweet romantic stories
Niki
Jul 08, 2012 Niki rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, fiction
Love Nora Roberts and all of her books they are fast, easy, fun romances.
Nora Roberts Grou...: December Book of the Month 26 54 Dec 17, 2013 05:23PM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Learning to Love: Sugar and Spice\Love by Degree
  • Snow Angels
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)
  • X Marks the Spot (The X-Files: Middle Grade, #1)
  • Scent of Danger
  • First Born
  • Betrayed By Love (Western Lovers: Ranch Rogues, #1)
  • Let's Be Jolly! (2-in-1)
  • Doing Good
  • Green Wilma, Frog in Space
  • King of the Pygmies
  • O Come All Ye Kinky
  • Disney's Finding Nemo: Just Keep Swimming
More about Nora Roberts...