Start by marking “Rescue Me” as Want to Read:
Rescue Me

Rescue Me

A quirky romance novel about secrets, forgiveness and falling in love.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
She's does all the rescuing. But love has a way of changing everything.

Hailey Jensen is in the rescue business--animal rescue--and more than willing to risk life and limb for fowl or fauna. Just when life couldn't get better, her world crumbles. Her identical twin has cancer, and her marine
Nook, 0 pages
Published February 27th 2011 by Novel Mind Books

To ask other readers questions about Rescue Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue Me

Jessie O
Feb 13, 2012 Jessie O rated it did not like it
This story has all the right elements, the right formula -- all the right ingredients, the right recipe. But the chemistry won't ignite and the final product falls flat. Lots of interesting back story to the characters, and somehow they still feel flat - I can't figure out why. I found myself reading along for something to do, but my mind wandered and I even skipped one of the steamy scenes -- it just felt like silly words on the page because I was too distant from the characters. I was often re ...more
Tina
Nov 08, 2011 Tina rated it liked it
Personally, I felt the book had potential but failed to deliver. It was a cute story, but nothing about it was memorable. The plot was very weak and at times I questioned what the point was. The pace was fairly average too. But I think that was due to the tangents that the characters went off on. It seemed rambly with useless information.

The characters were okay but, again, not very memorable. And there were 2 I really had a problem with… namely Hailey's mother and sister. I hated those two with
Lindsay
Donna Hatridge
Dec 05, 2011 Donna Hatridge rated it liked it
This story idea was a good one but for me I'm not sure the dialog and story between Hailey & Rainer worked. I can understand the part of him fighting his attraction to Hailey but something was missing.
I finished the book and would probably try reading another book by Sydney Laine Allan.

She's does all the rescuing. But love has a way of changing everything.

Sally Ross
Jun 23, 2011 Sally Ross rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was only 99 cents so I feel a little guilty giving it such a negative review; but it is just that bad. The dialog is very old fashioned, the female character actually calls a kitchen appliance a "do hickey" and refers to a male co-worker as a real doll. I felt like I was reading the script from a cheesy 40's movie. We are dealing with identical twins, and yet people say things like: "you look so familiar". I don't think familiar is the right word, I think the word is identical. Our fem ...more
Julie Johnson
Jul 03, 2011 Julie Johnson rated it liked it
I liked the main character. She was flawed and had an imperfect relationship with her family. All of that was very well done, as was her connection with Rainer. But sometimes I found the characters a bit hard to pinpoint, they shifted around too much. The sisters were supposed to be twins yet they had different hair colours? Did I read that correctly? I also know they were trying to release themselves from particular 'emotional patterns' and heal. But I just couldn't feel completely clear on it, ...more
Marissa
Jan 25, 2012 Marissa rated it it was ok
Just - The romance reader
I was really looking forward to this book, but I can't lie it disappointed me. There were good parts and very touching parts, but there were also slow parts and some parts that just didn't keep my attention. I absolutely LOVE dogs so I was thrilled with Hailey being an animal lover and having a rescue. In general Hailey's character bugged me quite a bit. Like anyone Hailey has some issues, major issues actually and the way that she handled them and let them manifest into other issues and shape h ...more
Kristy McRae
Mar 08, 2014 Kristy McRae rated it it was ok
I can't do half stars in the rating section, but I'd put this at 2.5. It was an okay story, but seemed a bit rushed. I liked the idea behind it, just wished it were more fleshed out. I wanted the animal rescue aspect of Hailey's life to have a bigger presence in the story. Also, her twin, after harboring such horrible feelings for SO long, just suddenly has a change of heart....why? Just didn't mesh all that well.

On a side-note (but definitely related!) I'm finding as I read more and more Kindl
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 27/02/2011
Author: Sydney Laine Allan
Recommended for: fans of contemporary fiction
Edition: Kindle

I saw this book on the Kindle Store for free and so I thought I would give it a try. I thought that this was a rather cute/sweet story, when I read what the story would be about I thought that I would really enjoy the book but sadly I was left disappointed :/ it wasn't the sort of book that I will remember, the characters aren't very memorable either. The story is well written, some of the
Heather
I quite liked this one, the story was a good one in theory and one that I'd not read before! I didn't find myself engaging with the characters as much as I can do and for me that's why I didn't rate it as highly as I could have done!

Was still worth the read though.
Bet Lantaff
Feb 28, 2012 Bet Lantaff rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-free
2.5 Stars
I kept thinking it would get better, but it just kind of plodded along. The story had so much more potential to it. The author should submit it for a Lifetime movie of the week. It would make a good one.
Leah
Feb 05, 2013 Leah rated it it was ok
As many others have said about this book, it had all the right elements but was missing something. I didn't connect with the characters and I read swiftly through the romance. It did nothing for me. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.
Sarah Welch
Ahhh... nothing throws a kink into a perfectly good plan like family. This is a great drama about growing up and learning that people really can change. And that Love can find you when you least expect it.
Miranda
Nov 30, 2011 Miranda rated it it was ok
Nice idea of a story of love and forgiveness. Some words did not fit in context and beginning quotes were missing in places. I really wish I didn't feel like I was hanging at the end. Not a bad story but had many issues. Could have been better.
Heather
May 27, 2014 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
light hearted, quirky, and fun.
Dee

Tough one to finish
Beth
Nov 14, 2011 Beth rated it liked it
Cute.

A good book to read while waiting to be called for jury duty.
Parscilla
Nov 13, 2011 Parscilla rated it it was amazing
I liked it. It was sweet and funny. And who doesn't need a little rescuing.
Julie Gipson
Nov 10, 2011 Julie Gipson rated it it was ok
It was an ok read for a free kindle download. Wouldn't read again and probably would not reccommend.
Arlene
Mar 24, 2012 Arlene rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. The characters were great. It was a light read and many different emotions came to mind. Some of the characters I could relate. Great read.
Emily
May 13, 2012 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012

Cute quick read! A little predictable in places but I still enjoyed it!
Mel
Nov 09, 2011 Mel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Really this was just a poorly written book. The plot was jumbled and the dialogue was stilted. That being said, I think it could have been saved with the help of a good editor.
Jackie Hensley
Jan 02, 2012 Jackie Hensley rated it liked it
Very cute book, and a very quick read. It was hard to put down, and brought me back to the days when I was a pre-teen reading Sweet Valley High, although this is an adult version. Really enjoyed it!
Anna
Jan 10, 2012 Anna rated it really liked it
Dogs & Romance, it doesn't get any better than that.
M-J
Nov 23, 2011 M-J rated it it was amazing
Really cute, fun book!
Kimberley Troutte
Sep 09, 2011 Kimberley Troutte rated it really liked it
A quirky, fun read. I enjoyed it very much.
Alexandra
Jan 02, 2012 Alexandra rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a fun fluff read for anyone who needs some light-hearted reading.
Lisamariel
Nov 15, 2011 Lisamariel rated it liked it
Cute. Entertaining. Loved Rainer! Sweet and light reading.
Eris Kelli
Sep 29, 2012 Eris Kelli rated it really liked it
I picked up this book expecting something completely different. It's suprising, real and sweet.
  • Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)
  • Touched By Angels (Touched By Angels, #1)
  • The Mediocre Housewife
  • Cool Shade
  • Declaring Spinsterhood
  • Love Transposed
  • Song of Renewal
Also known as Tawny Taylor and Tami Dane.

Sydney Laine Allan is the alter-ego of erotic romance author Tawny Taylor. Like Tawny’s books, Sydney’s stories are sexy, and sassilicious. The only difference-- Tawny’s characters get to play in dungeons.

But that doesn’t mean they get to have all the fun...

You can read more about Tawny here.
More about Sydney Laine Allan...