Rescue Me

Rescue Me

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  332 ratings  ·  36 reviews
A quirky romance novel about secrets, forgiveness and falling in love.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
She's does all the rescuing. But love has a way of changing everything.

Hailey Jensen is in the rescue business--animal rescue--and more than willing to risk life and limb for fowl or fauna. Just when life couldn't get better, her world crumbles. Her identical twin has cancer, and her marine...more
Published February 27th 2011 by Novel Mind Books

To ask other readers questions about Rescue Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue Me

Party Girl by Rachel HollisBet Me by Jennifer CrusieFirst Grave on the Right by Darynda JonesVision in White by Nora RobertsVenom by Jennifer Estep
Awesome Shoes
73rd out of 113 books — 38 voters
My First Travel Angelic Airline Adventures by Anna OthitisTurtle Wish by Murielle CyrCulloo by Murielle CyrSounds of War by Thomas FerreolusThe Keeper and the Rune Stone by Paige W. Pendleton
Best Ebooks To Give As Gifts
20th out of 63 books — 95 voters

More lists with this book...

Tina
Personally, I felt the book had potential but failed to deliver. It was a cute story, but nothing about it was memorable. The plot was very weak and at times I questioned what the point was. The pace was fairly average too. But I think that was due to the tangents that the characters went off on. It seemed rambly with useless information.

The characters were okay but, again, not very memorable. And there were 2 I really had a problem with… namely Hailey's mother and sister. I hated those two with...more
Donna
This story idea was a good one but for me I'm not sure the dialog and story between Hailey & Rainer worked. I can understand the part of him fighting his attraction to Hailey but something was missing.
I finished the book and would probably try reading another book by Sydney Laine Allan.

She's does all the rescuing. But love has a way of changing everything.

Lindsay
Jessie O
This story has all the right elements, the right formula -- all the right ingredients, the right recipe. But the chemistry won't ignite and the final product falls flat. Lots of interesting back story to the characters, and somehow they still feel flat - I can't figure out why. I found myself reading along for something to do, but my mind wandered and I even skipped one of the steamy scenes -- it just felt like silly words on the page because I was too distant from the characters. I was often re...more
Julie Johnson
I liked the main character. She was flawed and had an imperfect relationship with her family. All of that was very well done, as was her connection with Rainer. But sometimes I found the characters a bit hard to pinpoint, they shifted around too much. The sisters were supposed to be twins yet they had different hair colours? Did I read that correctly? I also know they were trying to release themselves from particular 'emotional patterns' and heal. But I just couldn't feel completely clear on it,...more
Sally Ross
This book was only 99 cents so I feel a little guilty giving it such a negative review; but it is just that bad. The dialog is very old fashioned, the female character actually calls a kitchen appliance a "do hickey" and refers to a male co-worker as a real doll. I felt like I was reading the script from a cheesy 40's movie. We are dealing with identical twins, and yet people say things like: "you look so familiar". I don't think familiar is the right word, I think the word is identical. Our fem...more
Just - The romance reader
I was really looking forward to this book, but I can't lie it disappointed me. There were good parts and very touching parts, but there were also slow parts and some parts that just didn't keep my attention. I absolutely LOVE dogs so I was thrilled with Hailey being an animal lover and having a rescue. In general Hailey's character bugged me quite a bit. Like anyone Hailey has some issues, major issues actually and the way that she handled them and let them manifest into other issues and shape h...more
Marissa
Kristy McRae
I can't do half stars in the rating section, but I'd put this at 2.5. It was an okay story, but seemed a bit rushed. I liked the idea behind it, just wished it were more fleshed out. I wanted the animal rescue aspect of Hailey's life to have a bigger presence in the story. Also, her twin, after harboring such horrible feelings for SO long, just suddenly has a change of heart....why? Just didn't mesh all that well.

On a side-note (but definitely related!) I'm finding as I read more and more Kindl...more
Summer Peterson
3.5 stars. Didn't care for the sex scenes but the story itself was great to read. It was great how everything came together but also made it cheesy too.
Heather
I quite liked this one, the story was a good one in theory and one that I'd not read before! I didn't find myself engaging with the characters as much as I can do and for me that's why I didn't rate it as highly as I could have done!

Was still worth the read though.
Miranda
Nice idea of a story of love and forgiveness. Some words did not fit in context and beginning quotes were missing in places. I really wish I didn't feel like I was hanging at the end. Not a bad story but had many issues. Could have been better.
Leah
As many others have said about this book, it had all the right elements but was missing something. I didn't connect with the characters and I read swiftly through the romance. It did nothing for me. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.
Bet Lantaff
2.5 Stars
I kept thinking it would get better, but it just kind of plodded along. The story had so much more potential to it. The author should submit it for a Lifetime movie of the week. It would make a good one.
Sarah Welch
Ahhh... nothing throws a kink into a perfectly good plan like family. This is a great drama about growing up and learning that people really can change. And that Love can find you when you least expect it.
Jackie Hensley
Very cute book, and a very quick read. It was hard to put down, and brought me back to the days when I was a pre-teen reading Sweet Valley High, although this is an adult version. Really enjoyed it!
Mel
Really this was just a poorly written book. The plot was jumbled and the dialogue was stilted. That being said, I think it could have been saved with the help of a good editor.
Arlene
This was a great book. The characters were great. It was a light read and many different emotions came to mind. Some of the characters I could relate. Great read.
Dee

Too many plot threads
That didn't hang together
Tough one to finish
Tammy
I really enjoyed this book. The characters had some flaws and worked on fixing them to become better people.
Julie Gipson
It was an ok read for a free kindle download. Wouldn't read again and probably would not reccommend.
Eris Kelli
I picked up this book expecting something completely different. It's suprising, real and sweet.
Jen
Lead male was a little too beta for me & the lead female was not entirely likable.
Emily

Cute quick read! A little predictable in places but I still enjoyed it!
Vanessa Johnson
I liked this book but it did hop around quite a bit...over all still a good read
Parscilla
I liked it. It was sweet and funny. And who doesn't need a little rescuing.
Alexandra
This was a fun fluff read for anyone who needs some light-hearted reading.
Ashley Stringham
It was okay. Nothing super special- just your typical chick lit.
Beth
Cute.

A good book to read while waiting to be called for jury duty.
Lisamariel
Cute. Entertaining. Loved Rainer! Sweet and light reading.
  • Safe Harbor
  • Touched By Angels (Loveswept, No 538)
  • Crazy For You
  • Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)
  • Best Friends
  • Sparks Fly
  • Legacy
  • Song of Renewal
  • Second-Hand Princess
  • Jinxed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • The Brevity of Roses
  • That Devil Moon
Also known as Tawny Taylor and Tami Dane.

Sydney Laine Allan is the alter-ego of erotic romance author Tawny Taylor. Like Tawny’s books, Sydney’s stories are sexy, and sassilicious. The only difference-- Tawny’s characters get to play in dungeons.

But that doesn’t mean they get to have all the fun...

You can read more about Tawny here.
More about Sydney Laine Allan...
Raphaela's Gift Pretty Little Killer About Monday