Start by marking “A Different Life (Beasts of Forever, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Different Life (Beasts of Forever, #2)

A Different Life (Beasts of Forever #2)

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  59 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
DISCOVER A BEASTLY DESIRE

Damon has chased Alex across the cosmos for five long years and he won't stop, until he has her back with him.

Alex lives a quiet life, a dull life really, until Damon appears and turns her world inside out. She is so drawn to him, but his story of who she is and what she is? Too fantastic to believe...

A full Novel at 55,000 words
Published February 2nd 2011 by Wild Horse Press

To ask other readers questions about A Different Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Different Life

Nikki McCarver
Mar 15, 2012 Nikki McCarver rated it it was amazing
Breaking the rules usually costs…but sometimes you wonder if in the end you might have paid too high a price? Nah. Alex is a Mesmer, an ancient race of immortals that can wipe away all your memories and create a new reality for you. The Mesmers work closely with the chimeras or gargoyles as they are known to us. Sounds great right? Unless you take into account the fact that Alex cannot feel any emotions, at least until she meets Damon. Damon makes her feel alive with a fire that in all her 500 h ...more
Grammy 1
Apr 16, 2011 Grammy 1 rated it it was amazing
I found Leanore Elliott when I read her first entry to being published which was the Soul Series...If you haven't read the 3 books yet you are truly missing an EPIC story...She now has refocused her abilities to this new series of The Beasts...This is the Second book in the trilogy. The unique concept of this series makes for a wild, exciting ride into the paranormal.The reviews for this second book have given you a heads up to what the sensually erotic story is about.

What I can say is this is d
Loves To Dive
Mar 29, 2011 Loves To Dive rated it really liked it
Beasts of Desire is the second book in the Beasts Series Trilogy by Leanore Elliott. The story opens with Alex Rayne in New York waiting for her next assignment from Silas, her point man, friend and mentor. Alex is a cat burglar and her next assignment is to go to San Francisco to obtain a medallion. During the robbery, she encounters a mysterious man with glowing eyes who continues to pop up at odd times during the course of the next few days. Eventually Alex learns that the mysterious man's na ...more
Gail
Jul 25, 2015 Gail rated it did not like it
This book had a neat premise, and let's face it, the cover is smokin' hot. Too bad everything past the cover was complete rubbish. There's too much jumping around, alternate realities, etc. I can honestly say it wasn't until I was about 84% done with the book that I finally began to grasp the purpose, and even then it was fleeting because the story started jumping again. The only reason I finished it is because I'm incredibly stubborn and must finish what I start, at least when it comes to books ...more
Christine
Jan 09, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it
A time travel story of endless love. Over a hundred years and Damon still wants Alex. The last five years of traveling has brought him so close each time but still losing her. Their unions are hot and the dining room scene is scorching ON FIRE HOT! For me, I ignored the specific details of where/when the time travel took place and found I enjoyed the story more. Each to their own.
Romancing the Book
Jan 20, 2014 Romancing the Book rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, erotica
Reviewed by Crystal
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I went in reading Beasts- A Different Life (Beasts of Forever Book # 2). I thought it would be like the first one that I read. I was so wrong. Now I know why these books can stand alone.

It’s still about Gargoyles but it goes more into the mergers, who are people that can erase their minds and put new memories in their heads to give them another life. It is so amazing to just be able to think
Mel
Aug 08, 2013 Mel rated it really liked it
A Different Life follows on the coattails of the first book in this series, The Eyes of Constance. A Different Life continues the story with Damon, the brother of Jack from book 1. This second book leads us to Damon and Alex, our heroine, and their struggles as a gargoyle and mesmer, mind/memory reader. Damon and Alex go through multiple periods in time, all the while, finding each other as they are fated to do so. In addition, they struggle with the memories/lives they live.

A Different Life is
Suzan
May 23, 2012 Suzan rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot more then the last one, it was less confusing and less all over the place at the start! I liked the characters of Damon and Alex. Having met Damon in the first book briefly, it was nice to see how he got his HEA with Alex!
Crystal
Jun 19, 2012 Crystal rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful series that I would tell everyone that they need to read. I really loved it and it is totally different than anything that I've had the pleasure to read in a while.
Mindi
Sep 09, 2012 Mindi rated it it was ok
The sex was great. But the rest was hard to understand which reality they were in. But the cover is super hot.
Dec 15, 2012 Sarah marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle, free
Free on amazon
lori soldwisch
lori soldwisch marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Susan  Burgess-Ryan
Susan Burgess-Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Juanita Stoner
Juanita Stoner marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
miss linda ford
miss linda ford marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
Patty McKenna Van Hulle rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
noni marie hawkins
noni marie hawkins marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Shantel
Shantel marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
C Wise
C Wise marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Thomas Smith
Thomas Smith rated it it was ok
Nov 22, 2015
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Jill Hornstein
Jill Hornstein rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2015
KellyJo
KellyJo marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Anita Cassidy
Anita Cassidy marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Tmjj33ronataurreviews
Tmjj33ronataurreviews marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Stacey R
Stacey R marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Crystal Lawson
Crystal Lawson rated it it was ok
May 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • My Twisted Drink
  • Desire's Sirocco (WindWorld, #1)
  • A Night at Tears of Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #1)
  • Body Temperature and Rising (Lakeland Witches, #1)
  • Celeste Nites (Celeste Nights, #1-3)
  • Subtle Magic (Subtle Lovers, #1)
  • Victoria's Demon Lover
  • Last Man on Earth
  • New Moon Rising (Moon Rising, #1)
  • Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1)
  • Birthday Games (Spy Games, #1.5)
  • Lionheart (StarQuest, #1)
  • Lovers and Beloveds
  • At His Request 1
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • The Warlord's Secret
  • Bonds of Fire
  • Destiny by Design
I am an author, a dreamer who writes her dreams down. I hope others will read my dreams and journey with me to worlds they've never seen.
More about Leanore Elliott...

Beasts of Forever (4 books)
  • The Eyes of Constance (Beasts of Forever, #1)
  • King of Vengeance (Beasts of Forever, #3)
  • The Beasts Boxed Set