Start by marking “The Fix-It Man” as Want to Read:
The Fix-It Man

The Fix-It Man

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  11 reviews
From YEAR ZERO PUBLISHING The Fix-It Man by Donald Wells THE FIX-IT MAN John Faron is a natural-born tinkerer who can apparently fix anything. But when he's forced by the actions of a madman to make an unthinkable choice, he soon finds that the one thing he can't mend, is his own broken heart. Sixteen year old Johnny has a dream. He wants to build an engine that can get a ...more
Published January 7th 2011 by Year Zero Publishing (first published September 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Fix-It Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fix-It Man

Gerinta Walker
Well, to start with I must say that the beginning of the book looked very promising, and I truly enjoyed the first third of the book.
However... It's kind of obvious that the main character is supposed to be a very positive one, but I must admit having read half a book I pretty much hated him - for his incredulous decisions, that are simply not "real life" ones and hardly believable. (view spoiler)
Trey
I received a copy of this book through the First Reads program.

The Fix-It Man is in desperate need of a professional editor. When I read the first run-on sentence, I thought it might be an ill-advised stylistic choice to represent the characters' speech patterns. However, after reading the first few pages of the book, I became convinced that the author has a very poor understanding of the basic rules of grammar and punctuation, and that no one was enlisted to help correct him. The problems are
Jennifer Shultz
The Fix-It Man is one of the BEST books I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. I began reading it last night, only stopping to go to work, and I picked it right back up as soon as I got home. I couldn’t put it down!! I loved every second of it, my only problem with it was that there were a few times where it felt like something was left out of the story. Overall, it was a GREAT book. I laughed, cried, and even found myself on the edge of my seat.

When Johnny had to make his choice, I felt like I
Lisa Kirkland
Loved it!! Could put it down........I needed to see who he would choose.
Andrea
Just could not get into it.
Anna Marie
A fast read. Pretty good story.
Ed Scott
I enjoyed this book but have to say I don't agree with Johnny's decision as to whom to save when the explosion occurred. Seems to me he would have gone the other way, since he fought so hard to get on with his life. No names, don't want to spoil it. I would recommend this book. Plenty of twists.
Peggy
The book was just ok I wanted smack John more then once for the stupidity he showed when it came to Felicia.
Lindsay
Oct 19, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 10/19/2012
Therese
May 20, 2012 Therese marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
$0.0
Marjie
Marjie marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Jessica Booth
Jessica Booth marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Wendy  Wilson
Wendy Wilson marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Maddie Wallace
Maddie Wallace marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Jessica Martin
Jessica Martin marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
LisaDianne
LisaDianne marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Myra
Myra marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
jamie
jamie marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
marla bridges
marla bridges marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Jennifer Graves
Jennifer Graves marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Michelle Ella
Michelle Ella marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
  • Bad Vibes (The Edge of Texas #3)
  • Scratch
  • High Seas Deception
  • Just Add Water (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #1)
  • Walk the Right Road Box Set
  •  Angel on Fire (Angel Investigations)
  • Under Currents
  • The Lady and The Cowboy
  • Broken Build (Chance for Love, #1)
  • Safe From the Dark (Bright's Ferry, #1)
  • Stolen Secrets (Sisters of Spirit #3)
  • The Betrayal of Lies (Paradise Valley Mystery, #5)
  • Rose, Undercover (Dead Roses, #1.1)
  • The Good Luck Charm
  • Famous Last Words
  • Deadly Misconceptions (Deadly, #1)
  • A Very Shitake Christmas (Shitake Mystery #1.5)
  • Dream Lover
Taken! - Boxed-Set - Books 1-6 Taken! Box Set - Books 7-12 Blue Steele - Box Set - Captures 1-6 Taken! Box Set - Books 13-18 Taken! Box Set - Books 19-24