Start by marking “The Hunted” as Want to Read:
The Hunted

The Hunted (OPSIG Team Black #1)

“Jacobson keeps readers guessing right up until the last page, so trying to put this book down is like trying not to eat the last chocolate chip cookie: most of us will just give in.” –Booklist

How well do you really know the person you love? How far would you go to find out? If there was one person in the world Dr. Lauren Chambers was sure she could rely on, it was her be
Published (first published January 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunted

Jim
Oct 06, 2014 Jim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wild ride ! Alan Jacobson's "The Hunted" is a fast paced action mystery/ thriller that seems to move at the speed of sound. Dr. Lauren Chambers, a psychologist and a top doctor in her field, learns her husband has gone missing. Michael Chambers while on a skiing trip in Colorado with friends has just disappeared. Michael has just vanished into thin air. Lauren is at her wits end trying to get help in finding Michael. PI Nick Bradley ends up taking on the case for Lauren. We come to find o ...more
Carl R.
I’m always on the lookout for entertainments as well as for serious literature, so when I was clued in that Alan Jacobson was a hot newcomer on the mystery scene and that she’d actually spent an evening with him (and a few others--full disclosure here), I was glad for the chance to check him out. The Hunted is the second of Jacobson’s three novels, False Accusations being a best-selling first, The Seventh Victim the latest. Besides its other distinctions, The Hunted is perhaps the first blockbu ...more
Joe
Nov 12, 2015 Joe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Twists and turns never did figure it all out until the last few pages. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Shelly Singhal
Nov 05, 2015 Shelly Singhal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced. Fun

Good plot twists and great surprises. The end caught me off guard and I enjoyed it very much. Good book
Sharmin
Nov 18, 2015 Sharmin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
শেষের দিকে ছোটট একটা টুইসট এ আমি তো অবাক । লেখকের লেখার ভঙগি ভালো । অনেকটা ডেভিড বলদাশির মতো । ...more
Diana
Dec 27, 2016 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Read!

Lots of suspense, lots of twist and turns! Good thriller. Fast read. If you like espionage you will like this book.
TheGeekyBlogger
Listened for Review (Brilliance)
Listened to 6 of 11 Disks
Overall Rating: DNF

Audio Rating: 4.00 (Not part of the overall rating)

Why did I DNF?: The Hunted would be loved by my dad! I kept thinking he should be the person reading/reviewing this one. I actually like Alan Jacobson's writing and have enjoyed other books by him. Why didn't it work for me? Holy scattered story batman. Seriously this was just too all over the place for me. About the time I would really get into the story, it would shift
Darcy
I had read this author's later books and was so so on them. But if I like an author I like to check out all of their books. I kept putting this one off because of some issues I had with the other series. So as a part of my new years resolutions to read some of those books that have been on my list the longest I picked up the book.

I ended up giving up this one after 40 or so pages. I disliked Lauren right from the start. For a doctor she seemed to have an interesting sense of right or wrong. In
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Jun 30, 2009 Liberty Abbott-Sylvester rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a wonderful suspense novel!
Loved this! This book is full of twists and turns from the very beginning. There are quite a few characters and you'll need to keep them straight as you try to figure out who you can trust and who you can't. I was really shocked by the ending!

Lauren's husband Michael doesn't come home from a ski trip so the search is on..the problem is there are more people than just Lauren looking for Michael. This story involves the FBI, the CIA, witness protection and of course "the bad guy".

I think this is m
Joyce McKune
Jul 20, 2010 Joyce McKune rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If there was one person in the world Dr. Lauren Chambers was sure she could rely on, it was her beloved husband, Michael. Recovering from an agoraphobic depression and prone to episodes of blinding anxiety, Lauren is a gifted psychologist for whom her husband's love and support mean everything. So when Michael suddenly and mysteriously vanishes, Lauren once again finds herself balancing on a knife's edge, haunted more than ever by an all-too-familiar paranoia.
Marynelson321
Jan 23, 2013 Marynelson321 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I've read by this author, and was equally as pleased with this book! I enjoy a thriller with twists, turns & a great plot that keeps you going right up until the very end! This book did it for me! I have this downloaded from this author as well and certainly hope that they are equally enjoyable while sitting on the edge of my seat! Thank you Ward for the recommendation of his author!
Naomi
Sep 20, 2010 Naomi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and felt it was incredibly fast paced. The book sucked me in very quickly and went on a totally different path then what I thought it was going to. I almost wonder why the author put some incidents into the book unless it was to throw off the reader. I definitely plan on reading other works by this author.
Susan
Jan 08, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laren Chambers' husband never comes home from a ski weekend and the search for him takes one strange turn after another. This is a great story - classic cat and mouse with some witness protection thrown in. There's also a great scene in the beginng where the bad guy does surgery on himself to remove a tracking device - ugh and wow.
Evile Salelesi
It ended kind of quickly and some important characters lives were left unexplained. I found that some of the big twists were really obvious, but then again, I am a genius. Good read, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get this one. (and seriously I scare myself sometimes........genius)
Bigal-sa
Apr 19, 2011 Bigal-sa rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Not a bad read. The plot was a bit too convoluted, and definitely unbelievable in places (an explosive device, smaller than half a video remote capable of blowing up the director of the FBI's house plus two surrounding houses!).
Karla Marie
Meh...the story was a little unbelievable. I just picked it because it had a picture of the white house on the front. It was definitely written by a dude who does not know how to write women. This chick was way too calm for what was going on in the story.
tone
Mar 21, 2015 tone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Hunted

This book could not be put down till it was finished. Enjoyed all the characters. They all tied into the story well. Lot of different things going on that kept you guessing.
Tammy
Sep 20, 2010 Tammy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this book so many times but for some reason I could never remember what was happening. I didn't finish it.
Reeb
Jan 29, 2015 Reeb rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1 star because I could not finish it..
Maybe one day when I'm desperate I'll try again.
Carl
Apr 08, 2011 Carl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast moving,albeit a bit far fetched at times, adventure that builds right up to the end of the book. Excellent read.

There are a few typographical errors in the Kindle edition.
Lanette
Apr 07, 2012 Lanette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read with some unexpected turns.
Lori
You don't know who to trust in this saga, right down to the bitter end. Cast of characters get confusing, but a good read.
Becky
Nov 24, 2010 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ending of this book was great! Could not believe the twists and turns in the last few chapters alone! Very good reading!
Astrid
Jan 28, 2016 Astrid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alpha
This is a twisty twisty book
Pauline J
Nov 29, 2016 Pauline J rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast and exciting!!

Really enjoyed this tremendous read with all its twists and turns! The characters were great. I had to really pay attention, to not be left behind.
Kerri
Kerri rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2012
Nicole Barrett
Nicole Barrett rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2011
*Avonna
*Avonna rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2012
Carolyn Smyth
Carolyn Smyth rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Tim
Tim rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2013
  • Breathless Series Box Set (Breathless #1-5)
  • Abuse: The Complete Trilogy (Abuse, #1-3)
  • Monsieur Venus: A Materialist Novel
  • Chillwater Cove
  • Baited, Part I
  • House Odds (Joe DeMarco, #8)
  • The Gatekeeper (Kelly Jones, #3)
  • From the Ashes
  • The Girl Next Door
  • Self Incrimination
  • Blood Runs Cold (Ren Bryce, #1)
  • Deviant Ways
  • Killing Spree
  • The Blue Light Project
  • Bone Cold
  • Vodka Doesn't Freeze (Detective Jill Jackson, #1)
  • Caribbee
  • End Game (Jonathan Grave #6)
ALAN JACOBSON is the National Bestselling Author of several critically acclaimed thrillers. His 20 years of research and training with the FBI’s profiling unit, DEA, US Marshals Service, Scotland Yard, SWAT, and the US military bring unparalleled realism to his stories and characters—prompting the San Francisco Chronicle to say that “Alan Jacobson researches his books like a good newspaper reporte ...more
More about Alan Jacobson...

OPSIG Team Black (3 books)
  • Hard Target (OPSIG Team Black #2)
  • The Lost Codex (OPSIG Team Black #3)

“answered in a low, breathless voice.” 0 likes