Start by marking “Brothers of the Sun: Pagan Men's Mysteries” as Want to Read:
Brothers of the Sun: Pagan Men's Mysteries
Preview

Brothers of the Sun: Pagan Men's Mysteries

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A book that takes an indepth look at the personal challenges and triumphs of the role of men in Goddess based religions. This book examines how modern Pagan men experience the God force through rites of passage and initiations and in so doing learn how to commune with the Goddess within.
Published March 28th 2011 by Hekahouse Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Brothers of the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brothers of the Sun

Sean
Not because Terry and I are friends, but because the book has great information, is well researched and reads as if you were sitting at the kitchen table listening to him talk.
Davin Raincloud
Note: This is an old review I did on my old Good Reads account.

'Brothers of the Sun' is a spiritual gem of a book. It is the first book in a while that I couldn't put down. I think this book will appeal mostly to Wiccans such as myself, but can provide valuable perspectives to all practising neo-pagans. As much as this book contains technical elements, it is largely commentary and teachings based on the experience and spiritual insights Rev. Terry has gained over many years as an ordained priest
Perry
Jan 08, 2014 Perry rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Perry by: none
I thought this book was a poorly written attempt at what could have been a very interesting topic.
Mr. Riley's major thrust is to be had from simply changing the female to male in this book and touted as new information(teachings)and add filler to the rest. Maid, Maiden, and Crone = Rove, Father, and Sage. Replace the male aspect with the female and you will get the gist of what I mean.
There is no new information in this book and there are many other books published that do a better job explain
Perry Parsons
Very poorly written. This book offers nothing new to the literary Wiccan world and I would say skip this one. What it does offer is one person's insight. Mr. Riley tries to inform in a precursory way, a look at male roles in a Goddess based religion. This book has an oratory feel and implies the author has new knowledge. Unfortunately, the information in this book can be found elsewhere in better texts. Two thumbs down Mr. Riley.
Terry Riley
Jun 20, 2012 Terry Riley rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Review: "Men's Mysteries have traditionally been a intricate and important part of the male rites of passage, sadly these have been largely ignored by society. Terry Riley has done a wonderful job in presenting and explaining these long-forgotten mysteries, bringing them forth from the darkness into the light." -Kevin Gardner- author of The Handbook for Wiccan Clergy.
Alfred Willowhawk
This is an amazing book that details the stages of manhood for Pagans and non-pagans alike. It is informative, easy to understand and very thought provoking. I truly enjoyed this book.

Note: The author and I are friends and associates. This review is based on my actual reading and utilizing the information in this book.
Jonathan
wonderful book a must read for any pagan man
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Morgayne
Morgayne marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Linda Berry
Linda Berry marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Pagan Mike
Pagan Mike marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Cassie
Cassie is currently reading it
Apr 19, 2013
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2012
Bill Thomas     /|\
Bill Thomas /|\ marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2012
Xiri
Xiri marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2012
Alys
Alys marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2012
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2011
Chris Hitsman
Chris Hitsman marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2011
A good book? 1 2 Sep 12, 2014 08:41AM
Terry Riley was ordained by The Aquarain Tabernacle Church in 1993. He is the founding High Priest of The Southern Delta Church of Wicca - ATC, established in 1994. He is a professor teaching at Woolston Steen Theological Seminary. http://wiccanseminary.edu/
Terry has been an active promoter of Wicca/Pagan religions. He has been featured in Newsweek Magazine, TV shows, The Jane Whitney Show and Ins
More about Terry Riley...