Start by marking “How Clean Is Your House?” as Want to Read:
How Clean Is Your House?

How Clean Is Your House?

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Hundreds of handy tips to make your home sparkle from the stars of the hit show How Clean is Your House? Kim and Aggie have taken the nation by storm, watched by over 4 million viewers every week as they transform filthy holes into gleaming palaces. Here, their fabulous tips for every cleaning situation imaginable are compiled, sweeping through a house from top to bottom,...more
Hardcover
Published December 31st 2003 by Michael Joseph (first published October 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about How Clean Is Your House?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Clean Is Your House?

Eastofoz
Jan 02, 2010 Eastofoz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers looking for some good/easy cleaning tips
Shelves: non-fiction
A great book to have on hand when you're not too sure what to do about odors, cleaning or organizing your home etc. Most ideas are common sense that will have you smacking your head and saying "why didn't I just do that from the start!" Some suggestions aren't all that practical because they're very time consuming but if you have the time regularly then they do give excellent ideas. The index at the back is very well-detailed to find exactly what you need so you don't have to flip through chapte...more
Zetta
I'm not a domestic goddess, but I'm not a slob, either.

The US has Martha Stewart, but the UK has Kim and Aggie.

As an American now living in the UK, I used to subscribe to Martha Stewart's mags or watch her TV shows, so I was glad to discover Kim & Aggie.

Some of the people that they get on their TV show, How Clean is Your House should be ashamed of themselves. It just goes to show that you never know how some people live at home. I can now understand how some people have a phobia of pot-luck...more
Jo
so far very good just read page 98 "How to make dusting easier" and to my delight on page 99 there was a STAR TIP that i found fascinating about banana skins and house plant dust. Im going to start doing it i reckon my plants will love it. Coming up on page 100 the heading is how clean are your walls. Im not reading that one even if it is page 100! If my walls are dirty i'll paint the feckers! Which reminds me how hours ago i was thinking about painting. The books good im not sure about kim or A...more
Joanne
This book made me get up and start cleaning. And I felt happy about doing it! In addition to the enthusiasm for cleaning that these ladies share with the reader, they impart concrete reasons why cleaning is important. For me, understanding the topic better helped. Cleaning is no longer just something I should do for some reason, whatever that reason is. I hope others enjoy this book too.
Katie
This was a great, in depth book that was not tedious, for basic cleaning. They won't go into how to polish each and every type of metal, but I wasn't looking for that.
Kimberly Herrin
It was a good book and had little tips. I liked that some were cheap ways to get what you needed done without buying all kinds of cleaning products.
Melissa
This book has some really great tips for cleaning and cleaning solutions that aren't all toxic chemicals. Things like lemon juice, borax, baking soda, vinegar and sometimes a little bleach all do the same wonders for cleaning for all the potions and solutions on the shelves today. I've watched many episodes on BBCAmerica from my DVR and these ladies work WONDERS to some VERY VERY FILTHY places with people that have ALL sorts of excuses. They put down all those excuses EVERY single time - a regul...more
Kristina
I love these ladies show on BBC America. They are just too funny! Their book did not disappoint! Not really a book to read cover to cover, unless you are formally affluent and never cleaned anything in your life. A great reference for those things that you always wondered how to clean, to make your cleaning routine easier and to reduce the amount of chemicals you use. It is fun and easy to find what you need when you need it. As a bonus many of the items they recommend are already in the pantry!
Martha
Quick, useful advice on cleaning using common household supplies like baking soda and vinegar. Somewhat limited, since it's a small book and is laid out like a coffee-table book, favoring nice photos and typography over practicality, but that makes it a good book for getting started cleaning. You don't feel overwhelmed by advice. (One big minus about the design, though, was the pages with black type on a dark colored background. Very hard to read. Design 101, people!)
Ayiticherie
I thought the book was ok. I love the show but I was disappointed in the tips and the presentation. (i thought the pictures were awful and many were out of focus. Maybe they did it on purpose but it was hard on the eyes.) I did pick up some new tips but this is nothing to write home about. This will not stop me from picking up their other books and and will definitely continue to watch their excellent show.
Anne
This book wasn't as good as I thought it might be. I know how to clean a floor. What I want is a list of all those little concoctions they come up with on TV for toxin-free cleaning, like lemon juice and salt! But I don't remember which surfaces can take that, and this book didn't tell me. It had some interesting things, but just didn't deliver what I wanted.
Lynn
Angineeki
Sep 13, 2008 Angineeki rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those in need of some inspiration to dust off their duster
Kim and Aggie are two of my favorite tv personalities. This book has some really good tips for cleaning every part of the house naturally -- without the lysol and windex that we're used to. It includes a fun little quiz to help you judge how good your cleaning habits are (I'm not telling you what I scored). I liked it so much, I think I'll buy it!
Helene
Very useful for me as I moved into a very disgusting house!
It would have been nice to have an extra part at the end stating all the uses of non-chemical products (e.g. lemons).
It is written in the same style as the TV show so it sounds like it is being spoken by the main characters rather than written.
Stephanie Western
Enjoyed this quick and dirty (heh--see what I did there?) guide to keeping your house clean. I like their tone, I liked their tips, and I especially liked that they focus on using a few basic cleaning products including baking soda and vinegar rather than compiling an arsenal of toxic mess.
Chris C
I wish Kim and Aggie would come and clean my house! These ladies are experts. Anyone who watches their show will enjoy this book. Even if you don't watch their show, there are some good tips in here.
Dani
This is a light-hearted tip book on housecleaning. There isn't much here for an experienced housewife to learn, but it might make a good gift for a young adult moving into his/her own place.
Joanne
This book is so good! it tells you very simply how to clean stuff and how often. the weekly schedule is good though very ott... do you change towels 3 times a week!? Im not even sure I have 3 towels.
Michala
a note on the back of the jacket kindly reminds us to give this volume "a dust every now and then" and under no circumstance use it "as a coaster or a dinner tray." --Travis Elborough"
Amy
This book has some really good, really easy, really cheap tips in it. It's super easy to read and refer to. I love these 2 ladies and I miss them on TV!
Ayiticherie
The show is waaaaaaaaaayyy better than this book. This book did not capture the genius of these two fun and informative ladies. I was disappointed.
I really didn't find any earth shattering advice that I'd not seen or heard elsewhere. The writing style did lend itself to being a quick read.
Lili
A boook for bores if this is what thrills you then read it, but I don't know how anyone could be remotely interested in this book.
Chriss
Sep 25, 2007 Chriss rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: filth offenders
Shelves: health
Love Kim and Aggie. The dream cleaning team are putting me to work on cleaning that has needed to be done for a long time.
Gillian
i would not recommend this book.
Shelton TRL
Many handy tips. And reminders on things you wouldn't think get dirty. Be ready to get your gloves on and get cleaning
Tawni
How could I not love the Queens of Clean?? They inspire me!! Now, if I could just make them proud.
Bonnie  Zink
Looking forward to receiving a copy and getting into this page turner.
Geneva
Good basic info on how to approach and clean different areas of your house.
Melinda
Pretty good -- this one actually had some usable tips.
Ask Aggie: For All Your Cleaning Solutions. Aggie MacKenzie with Emma Burton La Tua Casa È Veramente Pulita? Aggie's Kitchen Cookbook Ask Aggie: For All Your Cleaning Solutions The Cleaning Bible: Kim and Aggie's Complete Guide to Modern Household Management