Start by marking “Read Aloud Bible Stories Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Read Aloud Bible Stories Volume 1

Read Aloud Bible Stories Volume 1

4.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  95 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
"Read to me!" is a popular request parents hear from their children.How betterto fulfill this wish than to read a Bible storybook written and illustrated just for kids?

The award-winning Read Aloud Bible Stories series has delighted children, parents, and teachers for decades. Written by Ella K. Lindvall and illustrated by Kent Puckett, these timeless stories of the Bible a
Published May 4th 1982 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Read Aloud Bible Stories Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Read Aloud Bible Stories Volume 1

Hailey White
Jan 24, 2016 Hailey White rated it it was amazing
The perfect illustrated story bible for the 0-5 year old in your life, although even my older children enjoyed it. I especially love that you never see Jesus' face, and that the questions at the end are answered for you. Very sweet and one of the better children's bibles/story books we have read.
Ashley Ramsey
Jul 27, 2016 Ashley Ramsey rated it it was amazing
My girls and I all loved this book. It's not what I expected though. I imagined it would have more words on a page and be longer. But it's actually a short collection of Bible stories (maybe 5 or 6) with fewer words on the page and very unusual illustrations.

It is very easy to read aloud. Sometimes reading aloud can be taxing and I have to be more selective about our books as to make sure we are all having a good time (aka mom doesn't sound bored out of her mind). This is one I would choose on
Mikejencostanzo
Jun 17, 2012 Mikejencostanzo rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I have been on the hunt for Bible story/devotional books that are appropriate and engaging for my two-year old. So many resources I've looked at are simply too complex for a toddler, or are super-legalistic. One toddler resource I was raised on was V. Gilbert Beers' Choosing God's Way, so naturally I decided to crack its cover again. But even as I re-visited this 80's classic, I was blown away by how laden with moral teaching and how devoid of real truth about Jesus' love it is.

Thankfully, I cam
Kay Lewis
Mar 27, 2014 Kay Lewis rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
We read this book to our children, and I have used it and the others in the series to teach the toddlers at our church. Excellent! The pages and pictures are large, with only a few words per page. The pages keep turning, keeping a toddler's attention. The stories are true to the Bible, and told in very simple language. Best of all, they include doctrinal teaching. Example: "Who is Jesus? Jesus made the wind. Jesus made the water. Jesus is God." I am now reading these stories to our two-year-old ...more
Becky Sayler
Feb 10, 2014 Becky Sayler rated it it was amazing
Age Range: 3 & up
These stories are really meant to be read aloud – they are full of onomatopoeia and questions. At the end of each story, there is a “What did you learn?” section that encourages discussion. The illustrations are simple and the story is detailed enough to give the reader the whole picture without getting too confusing.
Ebookwormy
This is an excellent series. Some of the tools used to engage children (step, step, step, step when people are walking) are a bit repetitive to adult readers throughout the series, but the children seem to love hearing them over and over. Other positives include Lindvall's ability to bring children and childlike perspectives center stage in familiar Bible stories, as well as the "What did you learn?" section that reinforces principles presented. An added bonus is the series is intriguing for bab ...more
Rachel
Jan 09, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
When I say I "read" this book yesterday, what I really mean is, "yesterday I overheard my mother in the other room reading it cover-to-cover to my enraptured children."

Let me explain: we had volumes one and two of this series growing up, and my mother read them to my three siblings and I regularly. There are some Bible stories that, to this day, I can still hear her reading aloud in my head. Over the years, though, one volume was lost, and the other was worn almost beyond use. When I found the
Leslie
Jul 11, 2016 Leslie rated it really liked it
My little man loves the huge pictures and the simplicity of the wording and super short stories are not lost on him.
Anita
Aug 03, 2014 Anita rated it it was amazing
This book was paced very well for toddlers and had very eye catching illustrations.
Jenny
Nov 25, 2010 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: family-books
I love these books for my kids. They are simple and interactive. My 3 year old wants to read them every day and my 2nd grader loves to read them aloud to her little sister! At the end of every story there a couple questions like, "What did we learn about God?" "He took care of Daniel and he will take of you too." Would make the perfect baby gift, or addition to children's bookshelf!
laraine Stewart
Jul 25, 2015 laraine Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

Very good. The children in our children's minutes enjoy the stories. They listen attentively. And all seem to understand the stories..
Beth
Mar 08, 2015 Beth rated it really liked it
Very simplified versions of well-known Bible stories. I appreciate the "What did I learn?" section after each story. There are four volumes in this set.
Jen
Apr 10, 2011 Jen rated it it was amazing
Kids 5 and under. Love this. Wish I'd buy the whole collection.
Owen
Jan 29, 2013 Owen rated it liked it
I liked the stories.
Kristin C. Robertson
Kristin C. Robertson rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Calvin Edwards
Calvin Edwards rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
Eric A Craig
Eric A Craig rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Shandra
Shandra marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Eppie Graham
Eppie Graham rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Meghann R. Rogers
Meghann R. Rogers rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Caryn
Caryn added it
Mar 22, 2016
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Jennifer Brooke-Davidson
Jennifer Brooke-Davidson rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Ella K. Lindvall (A.B. Taylor University; Wheaton College; Northern Illinois University) is a mother and former elementary school teacher. She taught in Taiwan, the United Arab Emirates, and the United States. She is the author of the "The Bible Illustrated for Little Children" and the award-winning "Read Aloud Bible Stories" series.
More about Ella K. Lindvall...