Blank-133x176
The Big Book of Boy Stuff

Bart King

The Big Book of Boy Stuff

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  23 reviews
<!-- #pd-container1 {width:800px;} .pd-img1 {float: left; margin-left:20px;} .pd-content1 {float: left; width:350px; line-height:2.25em;} .pd-h1 {color: #000099} .pd-h2 {color: #000099; font-size:1.3em;} --> There's this boy. Let's say he's somewhere between nine and thirteen years old or so. You'd like to see this kid get creative. You'd like to see him get some exe...more
Published July 15th 2004 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about The Big Book of Boy Stuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Book of Boy Stuff

Kristeli
My boys highly recommend this for anyone with boys. You can learn everything your Mother doesn't want you to know that is legal!
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

THE BIG BOOK OF BOY STUFF is, without a doubt, the book all parents of a boy between the ages of eight and eighty needs to buy their son. Why? Because, quite simply, if you're looking for a book that your son will read, this is it. Actually, once they start, you'll probably have a hard time prying it from their sticky, grimy, dirt-covered fingers.

The book is based, possibly loosely, and possibly even more loosely based on my own interpretation, of the three in...more
Moe
This teaches you to make fires and all different kinds of things. Even magic tricks. I have been reading this for a LONG time........its full of fascinating stuff. It's great to read when you're bored, it's a nice day and you don't know what to do, or if you're in the car.
Derek Xiao
this book is the funniest, most disgusting, exciting and taught me a lot about just how to be have fun with lots of absolutely boring/ embarresing things. Also, titled Physics and Comprehension. THIS BOOK IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karl
Bear's review: Are you board? Well not anymore! The Big Book of Boy Stuff includes: Adult Introduction
Boy Introduction
Activities!
Dogs and Others!
Dumb Directions on Products!
Emergencies!
Experiments!
Fireworks and Explosions!
Flying Things!
Fun in the Outdoors!
Gadgets, Tools, and Toys!
Indoor Games!
Outdoor Games!
Girls, Bullies, and Parties!
Gross Stuff!
Halloween: Oct. 31st
Holidays!
Insults!
Jokes!
Juggling and Yo-Yos!
Magic!
Making Faces! Making Sounds!
Man Food for Manhood!
Practical J...more
Jackson
The book is filled with activities the best part is the camping and jokes section
Inspired Kathy
Book Giveaway - US only - Ends 10/24

Gibbs Smith Publishing sent me a copy of The Big Book of Boy Stuff by Bart King to review. My 8 year old son promptly claimed the book as his own. When I told him he couldn't have it because I needed to read and review it he was very upset. I told him I'd let him have the book if he would review it for me. Here is what he has to say:
Jacob
Jun 18, 2008 Jacob rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Trouble making boys
This book is amazingly funny. It has taught me some hilarious facts that only boys will love. I really think that if you don't have this book you are not truly a boy.

This book has some awesome experiments that you can do cool concoctions like how to make candy sushi and how to ruin your friends video games!! All of these traits come in handy on time or another. My favorite section is of funny messages on packages like on a bag of peanuts it says may contain nuts! Hope you like it!
April Helms
A collection of science experiments, jokes, outdoors, gadgets, games and more. Educational without becoming dry, and fun balanced with common-sense tips. It acknowledges the need for boys needing to be boys, but offers safe outlets. The layout is very “kid-friendly,” with pull-outs and graphics. The writing style is conversational and casual; Bart sounds like a favorite uncle who kids can have fun with and approach with concerns.
Karen
While I like the look and retro feel of The Dangerous Book for Boys, this one is just lots more fun- according to me AND the eight year-old.
Nickdastick
This book was probably one of the funniest books I've ever read. When I have sleepovers with my cousin, we make each other laugh so hard we start to cry but when I start reading this book, we laugh even harder. I definately reccomend this book.
Emily
Sep 07, 2008 Emily rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: boys.... i only read it because i was at costco and we were stuck in line FOREVER!!!
Recommended to Emily by: the costco shelves
I learned that MOST boys are slobs, and only care about what they look like, sports, and dirt. (BUT IT IS SOOOOO NOT TRUE!!!! i have a lot of boy-friends and most of them are NOT LIKE THAT AT ALLL!!!)
Mariah Smith
This is the most amusing handbook for boys around. My son carried it with him for years and still refers to it. Some topics may be considered a little vulgar for some parents (farting, for example).
Anna
An excellent book for boys starting around 9 years old. We got it for my son a few years ago and he still goes back to it every once in a while. It is my go to gift for boys when I can't think of anything.
Annemarie
Jun 26, 2008 Annemarie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, but mostly boys
Recommended to Annemarie by: Jill S
Fun book to read! I read it from cover to cover, but just skipped around from here to there. It's fun to see what variety of topics they talk about. Would be a fun gift to give to anybody.
Thomas
This was a pretty good book, but it seems to be for a slightly younger audience. Although a lot of it was hilarious, like the stupid label chapter and the one on riddles.
Amanda
Neat facts, but a little more gross than I wanted. Maybe better for elementary aged boys. I don't want to share this with my 5 yr old...yet.
Lisa
Enjoyed reading this w/my sons. There was a lot of laughing.
Tony
Sep 23, 2008 Tony rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tony by: Ishaan
...[this book]is wonderful...a full 5 star rating!
Callum
epicness (the insults in it were the best part!)
Layal
its awesome!!! and funny to hell xD
the Reeds
my son loves this book.
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Dan Cramer
Dan Cramer marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I write funny books for kids and immature adults. My new title is THE BIG BOOK OF SUPERHEROES. It's a humorous guide to becoming a superhero—and then dealing with it!

In addition to being a middle school teacher for 15 years, I'm also the perpetrator of THE BIG BOOK OF BOY STUFF, which was Amazon.com's bestselling children's book for a whole day.

Along with my five sisters and 50 teen and 'tween gi...more
More about Bart King...
The Big Book of Girl Stuff The Big Book of Spy Stuff The Pocket Guide to Mischief Big Book of Gross Stuff, The Architectural Guidebook to Portland, An