Start by marking “The Big Book of Boy Stuff” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Big Book of Boy Stuff

Bart King

The Big Book of Boy Stuff

<!-- #pd-container1 {width:800px;} .pd-img1 {float: left; margin-left:20px;} .pd-content1 {float: left; width:350px; line-height:2.25em;} .pd-h1 {color: #000099} .pd-h2 {color: #000099; font-size:1.3em;} --> There's this boy. Let's say he's somewhere between nine and thirteen years old or so. You'd like to see this kid get creative. You'd like to see him get some exe ...more
Published July 15th 2004 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about The Big Book of Boy Stuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Book of Boy Stuff

Moe
May 02, 2009 Moe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3rd-grade
This teaches you to make fires and all different kinds of things. Even magic tricks. I have been reading this for a LONG time........its full of fascinating stuff. It's great to read when you're bored, it's a nice day and you don't know what to do, or if you're in the car.
Kristeli
Oct 17, 2008 Kristeli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My boys highly recommend this for anyone with boys. You can learn everything your Mother doesn't want you to know that is legal!
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

THE BIG BOOK OF BOY STUFF is, without a doubt, the book all parents of a boy between the ages of eight and eighty needs to buy their son. Why? Because, quite simply, if you're looking for a book that your son will read, this is it. Actually, once they start, you'll probably have a hard time prying it from their sticky, grimy, dirt-covered fingers.

The book is based, possibly loosely, and possibly even more loosely based on my own interpretation, of the three in
Derek Xiao
May 17, 2008 Derek Xiao rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is the funniest, most disgusting, exciting and taught me a lot about just how to be have fun with lots of absolutely boring/ embarresing things. Also, titled Physics and Comprehension. THIS BOOK IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karis Chediak
It was good, I guess. I liked it because it had jokes, riddles, pranks, Loser Boy comics, gross information, insults, and weird stories. It was as good as The Big Book of Girl Stuff.
Karl
Dec 30, 2008 Karl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bear's review: Are you board? Well not anymore! The Big Book of Boy Stuff includes: Adult Introduction
Boy Introduction
Activities!
Dogs and Others!
Dumb Directions on Products!
Emergencies!
Experiments!
Fireworks and Explosions!
Flying Things!
Fun in the Outdoors!
Gadgets, Tools, and Toys!
Indoor Games!
Outdoor Games!
Girls, Bullies, and Parties!
Gross Stuff!
Halloween: Oct. 31st
Holidays!
Insults!
Jokes!
Juggling and Yo-Yos!
Magic!
Making Faces! Making Sounds!
Man Food for Manhood!
Practical J
Inspired Kathy
Sep 30, 2011 Inspired Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Giveaway - US only - Ends 10/24

Gibbs Smith Publishing sent me a copy of The Big Book of Boy Stuff by Bart King to review. My 8 year old son promptly claimed the book as his own. When I told him he couldn't have it because I needed to read and review it he was very upset. I told him I'd let him have the book if he would review it for me. Here is what he has to say:
Jacob
Jun 18, 2008 Jacob rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Trouble making boys
This book is amazingly funny. It has taught me some hilarious facts that only boys will love. I really think that if you don't have this book you are not truly a boy.

This book has some awesome experiments that you can do cool concoctions like how to make candy sushi and how to ruin your friends video games!! All of these traits come in handy on time or another. My favorite section is of funny messages on packages like on a bag of peanuts it says may contain nuts! Hope you like it!
April Helms
Jan 01, 2008 April Helms rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, nonfiction
A collection of science experiments, jokes, outdoors, gadgets, games and more. Educational without becoming dry, and fun balanced with common-sense tips. It acknowledges the need for boys needing to be boys, but offers safe outlets. The layout is very “kid-friendly,” with pull-outs and graphics. The writing style is conversational and casual; Bart sounds like a favorite uncle who kids can have fun with and approach with concerns.
Nickdastick
Jul 25, 2009 Nickdastick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was probably one of the funniest books I've ever read. When I have sleepovers with my cousin, we make each other laugh so hard we start to cry but when I start reading this book, we laugh even harder. I definately reccomend this book.
Anna
Jan 26, 2009 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book for boys starting around 9 years old. We got it for my son a few years ago and he still goes back to it every once in a while. It is my go to gift for boys when I can't think of anything.
Karen
May 21, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, with-hugh
While I like the look and retro feel of The Dangerous Book for Boys, this one is just lots more fun- according to me AND the eight year-old.
Emily
Sep 07, 2008 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: boys.... i only read it because i was at costco and we were stuck in line FOREVER!!!
Recommended to Emily by: the costco shelves
I learned that MOST boys are slobs, and only care about what they look like, sports, and dirt. (BUT IT IS SOOOOO NOT TRUE!!!! i have a lot of boy-friends and most of them are NOT LIKE THAT AT ALLL!!!)
Mariah
May 08, 2010 Mariah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the most amusing handbook for boys around. My son carried it with him for years and still refers to it. Some topics may be considered a little vulgar for some parents (farting, for example).
Christi Doherty
Oct 14, 2015 Christi Doherty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rj-s-books
My son RJ liked this book. The younger one, Justin is not too keen on it since its complicated he said.
Annemarie
Jun 26, 2008 Annemarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, but mostly boys
Recommended to Annemarie by: Jill S
Fun book to read! I read it from cover to cover, but just skipped around from here to there. It's fun to see what variety of topics they talk about. Would be a fun gift to give to anybody.
Devan Lawhorn
Oct 25, 2015 Devan Lawhorn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book many times before and it is a cool book. I also have this book at home that i got from a friend for a surprise gift.
Danai Brown
Jun 19, 2016 Danai Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book for my son, as a add on for him with Boy Scouts. My son enjoyed and I would have to say it was very helpful for me to help him with all kinds of stuff.
Amanda
Jul 03, 2013 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Neat facts, but a little more gross than I wanted. Maybe better for elementary aged boys. I don't want to share this with my 5 yr old...yet.
JMK
JMK rated it really liked it
May 31, 2014
Murray Richardson
Murray Richardson rated it liked it
May 24, 2016
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2009
Max
Max rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2008
Terri Lynn
Terri Lynn rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2012
Tartarus Brute
Tartarus Brute rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2014
Baileymaujean
Baileymaujean rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Janae Roberts
Janae Roberts rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2015
Roger Dayton
Roger Dayton rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
  • Soldier Bear
  • The Mystery of Mr. Nice: A Chet Gecko Mystery
  • Being a Pig Is Nice: A Child's-Eye View of Manners
  • Haunted Canada 3:  More True Ghost Stories
  • Naked Eggs and Flying Potatoes: Unforgettable Experiments That Make Science Fun
  • Foxfire 2
  • The Geek Dad Book for Aspiring Mad Scientists: The Coolest Experiments and Projects for Science Fairs and Family Fun
  • Family Math
  • Little Rabbit and the Meanest Mother on Earth
  • The Encyclopedia of Immaturity
  • Walt Disney's Nine Old Men and the Art of Animation
  • Possum Come a-Knockin'
  • Lego Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary [With Mini Figure]
  • The Big Book of Brain Games: 1,000 PlayThinks of Art, Mathematics & Science
  • Marathon: The Battle That Changed Western Civilization
Hi! Bart King here. First things first—I LOVE to read. And I also write funny books for kids and immature adults.

Most recently, Disney published my novel, THE DRAKE EQUATION. It's a humorous adventure about a young birdwatcher who's drawn into galactic intrigue.

Reviews:
“THE DRAKE EQUATION has a lot going for it. There’s an immensely likable protagonist and his marvelous twin friends, a school li
More about Bart King...

“You may not have known this, but animals can talk.” 0 likes
“Two boys named Daniel and Albert were cutting wood in the forest, but they weren't being careful, and Daniel cut off his arm! Albert wrapped Daniel's arm in a plastic bag and took it and Daniel to the hospital. The doctor told Albert, “I can reattach it; just come back in 2 hours.” And 2 hours later, the arm was as good as new! A month later, Daniel and Albert were out cutting wood again, and Daniel cut off his leg! Albert put the leg in a plastic bag and took it and Daniel back to the hospital. The doctor said, “You kids need to be more careful! Come back in 3 hours.” Albert came back 3 hours later, and Daniel's leg was as good as new! A week later, believe it or not, Daniel and Albert were out cutting wood again. Daniel somehow cut his own head off! Albert knew this wasn't good, but he hoped for the best. Albert put Daniel's head in a plastic bag and took it and the rest of Daniel to the hospital. The doctor said, “I can't believe you kids! Well, come back in 4 hours, and I'll see what I can do.” So Albert came back in 4 hours and the doctor said, “I'm sorry, but Daniel didn't make it.” Albert said, “I understand. He did cut his head off after all.” The doctor said, “Actually, the surgery went fine. It's just that he suffocated in that plastic bag!” 0 likes