Start by marking “Jerusalem's Hope (Zion Legacy, #6)” as Want to Read:
Jerusalem's Hope (Zion Legacy, #6)

Jerusalem's Hope (Zion Legacy #6)

In this bestselling series Bodie and Brock Thoene have thrilled readers with an epic tale chronicling the struggle for the world's holiest and most turbulent city. As Jerusalem's Hope opens, strategist Moshe Sachar remains hidden in a secret tunnel beneath the Temple Mount, safely removed from the chaos of Israel's 1948 war of independence, while the funeral of an elder ra ...more
Published October 28th 2003 by Penguin Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Jerusalem's Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jerusalem's Hope

Jeni Enjaian
A review from my old blog...

This book ends the Zion Legacy series but wets my appetite for more of the AD Chronicles. I currently own the first four and I can't wait to dive into the remaining three.

While I absolutely love the Thoene's writing style and the periods of history that they choose I happen to prefer the stories that they write that take place during the time of Christ.

The Thoene's weave together all kinds of symbols, symbols in the Bible and symbols of the Hebrew language to tie toge
Pamela Hubbard
This was the hardest book of the series for me. I couldn't stay focused and I kept losing interest. I did love how everything connected together (Thoene is a master of making the little details blow your mind as you start to see the big picture), but I struggled with the massive change in focus for this series. The series so abruptly changed at book 4 and it was pretty much the start of a new series. I only finished it because I hoped that the 1948 story would be tied up, but that didn't happen.
Jencey/
Jan 04, 2013 Jencey/ rated it liked it
The final leg of the journey in the Zion series takes us to ancient Jerusalem. Jerusalem Hope is the final book in the Zion Chronicles series:
Synopsis:
Moshe is sent to study some scrolls in the ancient temple in Jerusalem. The scroll contains a story about ancient Jerusalem during the reign of Rome. Pontius Pilate is governor of the area and has sent Marcus the centurion to oversee the water aqueduct that is being built for Jerusalem’s benefit. The people in Jerusalem are against this aqueduct b
Tessa Palmeri
Sep 11, 2015 Tessa Palmeri rated it it was amazing
Amazing, outstanding, wonderful, epic. I love the Thoenes.
James Burns
In my opinion this is the best yet in this series, the authors are familiarizing you with Jewish customs and religious beliefs. The love story continues, the healing powers of our Heavenly Father through his son, Jesus Christ. Your being taken to the Sacrificial Lamb of God. Healing the Hearts of men and women who have experienced loss. The tormoil of the times. You ars introduced to the shephards of jerusalem preparing the unblemished lambs for sacrifice for the Passover and the impending desir ...more
Wayne C Anderson
Jun 19, 2010 Wayne C Anderson rated it it was amazing
This book was a surprise to me. Characters that were healed by Jesus, blind, deaf, and their living perspectives was very moving. The shepherding of Bethlehem and the surrounding of the flock that are those presented at Passover was a learning experience and shows insight into the workings of hearts that are real worshippers and those who are false worshippers.
Karen
Jan 05, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
Great historical retelling of the beginning of Statehood of Israel, good characterisations and authentic Messianic Jewish culture. I also liked that it was fair about the different peoples/cultures/religions involved, even though the book was told from the (Messianic) Jewish perspective.
Kim
Jul 30, 2008 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: chf
I like historical fiction, and I love the way the Thoene's bring the Bible alive with historical characters as well as fictional (but realistic) characters. On to the AD Chronicles (series that continues the story of Jesus)!
Kw
Oct 06, 2013 Kw rated it it was amazing
So sorry to see this series end. Of course the A. D. Chronicles come next . . . but I've already read them! What wonderful books they all are.
Cheryl
Aug 07, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it
as much as i loved the zion chronicles I did not connect with this series.
Robin Densmore Fuson
Aug 19, 2013 Robin Densmore Fuson rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Bodie Thoene. I was looking for book 7? :)
Cws
YA Tho
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Dan
Dan added it
Sep 09, 2016
Annamariah
Annamariah rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Robyn
Robyn added it
Aug 29, 2016
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Lynette  Lee (J.Kirby)
Lynette Lee (J.Kirby) marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
VGCC Libraries
VGCC Libraries marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Angela Herrington
Angela Herrington rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Leah Brown
Leah Brown rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
  • The Year of the Grizzly (Saga of the Sierras #6)
  • Escape to Freedom (Secret of the Rose #3)
  • Night Song: A Story of Sacrifice (World War II Liberator #2)
BODIE AND BROCK THOENE (pronounced Tay-nee) have written over 45 works of historical fiction. These best sellers have sold more than 10 million copies and won eight ECPA Gold Medallion Awards.

Bodie began her writing career as a teen journalist for her local newspaper. Eventually her byline appeared in prestigious periodicals such as U.S. News and World Report, The American West, and The Saturday E
More about Bodie Thoene...

Zion Legacy (6 books)
  • Jerusalem Vigil (Zion Legacy, #1)
  • Thunder from Jerusalem (The Zion Legacy, #2)
  • Jerusalem's Heart (The Zion Legacy, #3)
  • The Jerusalem Scrolls (The Zion Legacy, #4)
  • Stones of Jerusalem (The Zion Legacy, #5)