Start by marking “Jerusalem Interlude (Zion Covenant, #4)” as Want to Read:
Jerusalem Interlude (Zion Covenant, #4)

Jerusalem Interlude (Zion Covenant #4)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  2,814 ratings  ·  69 reviews
Opening in 1936, the Zion Covenant series tells the courageous and compelling stories of those who risk everything to stand against the growing tide of Nazi terrorism that is sweeping through centr
Published March 18th 2005 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published October 31st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Jerusalem Interlude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jerusalem Interlude

Evangheline Farcas
Jerusalem Interlude continues the sad history set to fiction. It captivates you as always, as the previous books did from the very beginning. Characters that have been with us since the first book like Elise and Murphey, Leah and Shimon, Anna and Theo continue to brave this dark world Hitler brought. New characters are introduced that are vital and show the schemes that Hitler put into play to reach his dark agenda. My favorite characters in this book are Eli Sachar and Victoria Hassan. They are ...more
Jen
This is number four in a series of six. The more I read of this series the more I am in awe of the amount of research that had to be done to create these books. I have read many WWII novels but nothing that encompasses the range of these. Gives me a whole new perspective of the politics going on in Europe before the war.
Jolene
Amazing series. So well researched and well written. I'm convinced that Bodie and Brock are the perfect team for writing books. It has everything that I love (music and European history) all in one. This series also just gets better with every book! Highly recommended.
AlixJamie
I enjoyed the story of Eli and Victoria that was portrayed in this book, Leah and Shimon interested me as well, but, as with all Thoene books, there is at least one character with whom I just can't relate.
Carmen
This was an excellent book, sad but held my interest all the way. I would recommend this series of books for history and enjoyment. I hope that part of history is never repeated again.
Karen
Lovely to read the background of characters I was familiar with from the Thoenes' other series. Well written and page-turner, as usual.
Gloria
Apr 24, 2014 Gloria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical fiction fans; people interested in World War II
By far my least favorite of the series so far. I do not agree with the author's opinion that Jews and the chosen people of God to this day (due to the arrival of Jesus I believe this has changed permanently under the new covenant). But, I am happy to have read the next segment in the continuing saga and learned some new bits of the history of the period and perhaps how it's impacted what still goes on today.
Kw
So many characters, so many stories, so much pain and sorrow and anguish and hatred and evil - and truth. Heartbreaking to read, as we know these things really happened - the bullying, murder, pogroms, imprisonment - but I would hate to have missed it. What a great way to learn details of European history and of WWII. So I'm on to Danzig Passage!
Enigmaticblue
I love this series, but I think this is my least favorite installment. It's still wonderful, but I'm not a fan of the Romeo and Juliet romance in any form.
Judy Scholl
I never studied how the Muslims were paired with Hitler to destroy the Jews. Seems little has changed in almost 100 years. Very informative.
Lyn-Holly Dau
Normally I would LOVE a series of books that has NINE (count em NINE books!) in it, but this series, while interesting and well written has unfortunately taken the story about 6 books too long.
Vikki Kestell
I love Bodie's books and have read just about all of them!
Stacey Saladyga
Good continuation of the series, but not nearly as compelling as those before it in terms of furthering the development of existing characters. Worth keeping on all the same.
Kathleen
This is, as the other volumes have been, well styled. It helps the reader to feel the stress and anxiety of living in the days of World War II. This volume lapses into a Christian preaching mode more than the others which is distracting. The authors presuppose that only Christians have the inside track to God's love and protection. That is annoying because it is not true. The book does, however, make interesting insights into how men learn to deal with injustice and keep faith in God. On to Volu ...more
Jeni Enjaian
These books are growing on me. With each book the Thoenes draw me further and further into the complex, intricate narrative. The looming doom of World War II adds so much dramatic tension to these books that the Thoenes couldn't possibly have created themselves. They add yet more characters while still giving the older characters enough scenes to keep their stories alive.
It's gotten to the point where I can't wait to read the next book in the series. Thankfully, I don't have to wait.
Carolyn  C.
I have such mixed feelings about this book. I started out loving this well written and researched Historical novel series. However this book and the one prior left me angry and disappointed. Both times I swore I was finished with the series…but then I still find myself drawn to the characters and their lives. Yeeeeesshh!! I’m giving this book a 4 star rating. It really is very well done…I just think the author should be a little kinder to the reader (me)…just sayin’ !!!
Lisa
Once again, I was very drawn into this series, and this installment was wonderful. It started to delve into more of the sad situations that were the precursers to WW II. I found myself wanting to shout at the characters to make different choices, as if that could change history. This one also dealt more with the things taking place in Jerusalem, and had some very tragic parts. Wonderful book!
JaNae
I had a tougher time getting through this one than the previous two. Part could have been that I had so many other things going on and part could have been the books itself. I didn't like it as well as #1 or 2. I'm kind of glad to be finished with it so I can move on to the next book. My cute husband said it was his least favorite of the series. So far I'd have to agree with him.
Hanne-col
I am greatly enjoying this series. The first two books were probably my favorites, though I have enjoyed both books three, "Munich Signature", and four, "Jerusalem Interlude". About the only reason I gave this book a three star rating is because I didn't like how one of the plot threads ended. I will be reading book five, though, as soon as I can get my hands on a copy.
Jacob Mitchell
I think this book took a little to long to get to the point in which it "grabs the reader." Unlike the first books in the series, it took me till the last two chapters to get to a point where i could not stop reading. Other than that, the content was, like the rest of the series, a brilliant blend of history and fiction into a scintillating, well thought out plot.
Kay
In beginning, the story was slow because of the introduction of new characters. It was fascinating to learn how Hitter was involved in the politics of the soon-to-be state of Israel. The authors truly know how to weave a story in which the reader loves and understands each character's situation. I look forward to the next two novels in this series!
Jamie
I understand that a great amount of research goes into this series and it is a good premise for historical fiction, however I had a hard time making it through this book (2 months! this is long for me!). I had a hard time keeping track of what story was what in this book and who was who, some of the stories seemed like build ups for the future series.
Charyla Olsen
If you are interested in understanding the role of the British Mandate in the development of the state of Israel, this book gives a great internal description of the workings. I never realized how deeply the Nazis were involved in helping the Arab world disrupt the Mandate. I can't put these books away! And I'm not even have done with the saga.
Vicki
Many books intersperse three or four separate threads into one story, so you get a sense of what is happening simultaneously. In this book, they did that to the extreme. There were too many stories and too many names to keep straight - particularly as I read it over several weeks. I found it distracting and confusing.

Wendy Roberts
One of the best in the series from a historical perspective...we get to find out what was happening in Jerusalem in the years prior to World War II. Hitler and the Nazis were very active in supporting the Arabs there in their fight against the British and the Jews. More tragedy...but that's inevitable.
Felicia
The worst of the series so far. It took a long time for me to get into this one mostly because I didn't care about the new characters that were introduced. And, really, are all of the Jewish characters going to convert to Christianity? It seems a little far-fetched to me.
Minay
Part of the Zion Covenant series. Recommend reading all 6 books in sequence. Writing style is easy and engaging, although some subject matter, while true, is difficult. Much loving, learning, heartbreak and achievement along the righteous path.
B
Jul 26, 2011 B marked it as to-read
can't get into this one yet...
not sure if I'm too tired or if there's just too many new storylines to keep up with at the beginning. may need to restart my reading of this one.

[ back to the library... saving for later... ]
Beverley McPherson
I really enjoyed the research done for this book. You realized Hilter was everywhere ,even in the Middle East. The role the British played was also very clear. I love Eli and Victoria character.
  • The Eleventh Hour (Secret of the Rose #1)
  • The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)
  • Heirs of the Motherland (The Russians, #4)
  • His Watchful Eye
BODIE AND BROCK THOENE (pronounced Tay-nee) have written over 45 works of historical fiction. These best sellers have sold more than 10 million copies and won eight ECPA Gold Medallion Awards.

Bodie began her writing career as a teen journalist for her local newspaper. Eventually her byline appeared in prestigious periodicals such as U.S. News and World Report, The American West, and The Saturday E
More about Bodie Thoene...
Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant, #1) Munich Signature (Zion Covenant, #3) Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant, #2) Danzig Passage (Zion Covenant, #5) A Daughter of Zion (Zion Chronicles #2)