Start by marking “Darn Good Cowboy Christmas (Spikes & Spurs, #3)” as Want to Read:
Darn Good Cowboy Christmas (Spikes & Spurs, #3)

Darn Good Cowboy Christmas (Spikes & Spurs #3)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  1,139 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
He's one hot cowboy...

Raylen O'Donnell is one smokin' cowboy. He could have any woman he wants, but he's never been able to forget a certain dark-haired girl who disappeared from his life. So when she suddenly returns to the ranch next door, Raylen's not fixing to let her get away again.

And she's out for a sizzlin' Christmas...

Raised in a traveling carnival, Lizelle Hanson
Published October 4th 2011 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Darn Good Cowboy Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darn Good Cowboy Christmas

Jenn Scranton
Sep 26, 2013 Jenn Scranton rated it it was amazing
I think I can relate to Liz on this one... I FREAKING LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

I had to laugh because here I am reading it in September because I want Christmas to come sooner and she was pulling out Christomas decorations around Halloween!!

Awesome book in the Spikes and Spurs series. I knew I would love it and I did. Sexy cowboys, horses, hot sex... What's not to love!!!

Liz's Christmas list:
1. House without wheels
2. Sexy cowboy
3. Oh yeah, and to make her house look like the Griswald's, LOL

Does he qual
Pam
Nov 17, 2011 Pam rated it did not like it
Lizelle Hanson is a carnie, as she calls herself. She traveled and worked as a fortune teller and belly dancer for most of her life. But what she always wanted was roots; somewhere to call home, a house that has a foundation and not wheels. In fact, that is a Christmas wish that she has; she wants a house and a cowboy. The first part of her wish comes true when her uncle moves out of his house to take care of his father and is going to leave it to her if she still wants to live there after she ...more
P.A. Lupton
Dec 17, 2012 P.A. Lupton rated it liked it

Darn Good Cowboy Christmas was chosen for me as part of a reading challenge. I think the biggest compliment I can give the book is it’s not bad. That being said, it’s not especially great either. It’s a fast, light read, but forgettable.

Mostly, I found the book a little too easy. The heroine wants a cowboy and house without wheels for Christmas and they both fall right into her lap. She meets Raylen’s sister, who doesn’t really like her, but then when her best friend shows up and he falls for t
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Nov 15, 2012 Rachel- Goodbye Borders rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
I enjoy this series for it's light humor. Glad that Colleen gets her HEA in this one too. A favorite quote: "graveyard dead." An annoyance: calling lunch dinner. ie: "I meant to run up to the cafe for dinner..." (it closes at 2pm). Book takes place in Texas, southern thing?
Wminbc
Oct 20, 2011 Wminbc rated it it was amazing
Loving it so far...Raylen has always been one of my favorites...the youngest brother to Rye and the most secretive/aloof!

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!!!!! Review to come...
Mom
Sep 09, 2012 Mom rated it it was amazing
Fun -- Liz grrew up in a carney environment and wants a home without wheels and a cowboy for Christmas. It was good.
Joelle

He's one hot cowboy...

And s
Laura Summers
Reviewed for www.bookchickcity.com

DARN GOOD COWBOY CHRISTMAS contains two elements every woman should have in her books at least once a year – cowboys and Christmas! This was just my type of festive treat!

Set in small town, ranching Texas, it’s the third book in Carolyn Brown’s Spikes and Spurs series. I’ve read books two and three, but not the first and I personally didn’t think that it mattered. Brown portrays a fun and cosy community that is easy to sink into whether you’ve met the characters
Blodeuedd Finland
Nov 29, 2011 Blodeuedd Finland rated it liked it
Shelves: westernromance
3,50-3,75
Recommended with a grin

There is one thing I have come to connect with Brown's books, and that is that they always makes me smile. I usually sit there with a grin on my face, because they are sweet and fun.

This book is part of a series, but it can be read as a standalone. You will feel at home at once. The books are inviting and the town is a place I would like to visit, and the people there, I would love to have them as friends.

In this one we have Liz, a former carnie, who wants to sett
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

A story with a cowboy always hits the target, but add a little Christmas flair and a saucy heroine and you have a winner.

I know when I open a book by Ms. Brown, I’m in for a great time with characters I’ll never forget. This book is hot, humorous and a great time. I love a book where there’s a little bit of misunderstanding and a lot of longing. Ms. Brown delivers.

Saying Raylen is hot is an understatement. He’s smoking hot. He’s got
April
Nov 16, 2011 April rated it really liked it
DARN GOOD COWBOY CHRISTMAS by Carolyn Brown is an exciting,sassy contemporary romance set in present day Texas. It is book #3 in the "Spikes & Spurs" series,but can be read as a stand alone. See "Love Drunk Cowboy" and "Red's Hot Cowboy". "Darn Good Cowboy Christmas" has everything a contmpory romance reader could want. It has romance, witty dialogue,love,holiday magic, sexy cowboy,sweet sensuality,dark-haired,sexy heroine,traveling carnival, passion,and slow kisses under the mistletoe.It is ...more
ARe Cafe
Mar 22, 2013 ARe Cafe rated it it was amazing
An ARe Cafe Top Pick for November, 2011.

This is a genuinely nice boy-next-door romance. Lizelle has been raised as a carnie and loved the life but she’s always had a dream to pull the feathers from her wings and put down roots. I like Liz. She’s outspoken, says what she wants, and is willing to work hard. Unlike a lot of cowboy books, Raylen actually spends a lot of time working on his family’s horse ranch but finds time to fit her into his busy life. While they had childhood crushes on each oth
Judith
Dec 24, 2011 Judith rated it really liked it
Having read the first two novels in this series, I was delighted to dive into this third novel that was also a lovely Christmas story as well. It also continued some of the stories in the two previous novels so the readers can continue to "keep track" of some of their favorite characters. As a "carnie" who always dreamed of settling down, Liz Hanson only asked for two things on her Christmas list: a house that wasn't on wheels and her very own cowboy. This story highlights much of the carnival ...more
drey
drey’s thoughts:
If you’ve read Carolyn Brown’s cowboy romances, you’ll know that they’re completely addicting. If you haven’t, well, you’ve been warned. This latest Spikes and Spurs installment features a girl who’s loved a boy since she met him forever and a day ago, and a boy who hasn’t forgotten her in all those years. You’d think with this kind of a start, the story would be over and done lickety-split.

But if it was, you’d miss out on the laugh-out-loud humor and the sexy banter Carolyn infu
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Love Cowboys, the carny angle is different but ...nothing new here

Description:

Born and raised in a traveling carnival, all Liz Hanson ever wanted for Christmas was a home that didn't have wheels. After she was old enough to date she added one more item: a sexy cowboy.

She's about given up on Santa ever bringing either one when her father dies and leaves her an ugly house and twenty acres in Texas. Then rancher Raylen O'Donnell walks onto her property...

Thoughts:

Too many holes in the story, the ch
Susan
Oct 25, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Wow. I love those O'Donnell boys, and Raylen was certainly a hot one. I loved the way that Liz settled in to her house so quickly, and began getting to know everyone. She remembered Raylen from her two previous visits, and was really hoping he was still available. Raylen hadn't forgotten her either. I really enjoyed the way he helped her setting things up, and the way that she helped him too. They both had some insecurity issues - he was afraid she'd leave and go back to the carnie way of life, ...more
Sharon
Dec 20, 2012 Sharon rated it really liked it
I have to admit that even though I gave it 4 stars it was not my favorite of books by Carolyn Brown.

I did however, love the fact that Raylen was unable to forget Liz whom disappeared from his life when they were so young. I'm just a sap when it comes to the love at first site stuff, which is more or less what this was.

I myself could feel the challenge that Liz was faced with in leaving the only life that she has ever known to settle down.

And loved that Raylen and her new friends came and help to
Shannon
Jan 22, 2013 Shannon rated it liked it
Shelves: own, e-reads
I really liked Raylen but found written to be a bit more flat that I thought he could be. I liked learning more about the O'Donnell siblings and catching up with some previous characters, but I guess I missed the town folk flair from the first two books.

Also, to be a cowboy you apparently must have perfectly stacked legs on your jeans and if you die, you will be graveyard dead, every time. Maybe it's because I have read the first three back to back but the redundancy is getting to me.
Carrie Felton
Jun 03, 2012 Carrie Felton rated it liked it
I like this author a lot... and I really like the whole family... and I like the other books in this series...
I even liked the side relationships... but the main one in the novel just didn't suit me... they never got really mad at each other enough to fight... and she was so ready to please him that whenever they DID fight, it kinda just fizzled out... it was good and there were some amazing scenes but i dont think I would read the whole thing again...
Janet Robel
Feb 10, 2014 Janet Robel rated it really liked it
Whew! I normally don't read many cowboy type romance novels but I will read the ones by Carolyn Brown. You can practically feel the heat between the protagonists leaping off the pages as you read. I also love the hometown feel of this book. I really liked Liz and feel that Raylen's character fell a little short though. I usually like to read in the morning during my coffee but I was so immersed in the book that my coffee had grown cold and I had to get a fresh cup.
Arlee Bird
Jan 01, 2013 Arlee Bird rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance fans
Recommended to Arlee by: Sent to me for review
For me this was kind of silly, but for fans of the romance genre I think it would be decent caliber reading. The book is very well written with a well-constructed story and nicely formulated characters. The book is a pleasant enough read that makes a nice escapist diversion for holiday reading (or any time you're in the mood for a good cowboy fantasy romance). I'd recommend this for anyone who enjoys the romance genre.
Jess
Pretty darn good Cowboy romance :) At first, I wasn't sure if I liked how fast paced the story was moving. but as I continued, I easily fell into the rythym and enjoyed the story. Liz's character was one I haven't met in a cowboy romance yet, so that was refreshing and fun to read. I enjoyed the family aspect that was threaded through the story line and I can't wait to see where it goes next :)
Alicia
Jan 30, 2012 Alicia rated it liked it
Overall it was a good book. I liked both of the families and Raylen and Blaze were probably my two most favorite characters. The emotion in the book was lacking some, mostly when it came to Raylen and Liz's "fights." They didn't feel like fights and Liz always ran (well drove) to his house and everythings okay. It was lacking intenseness.
Ry
Aug 10, 2012 Ry rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, romance, library
The language in some parts of the novel - well, actually, throughout the novel - is less modern than I'm used to. Being a daughter of the modern times of text-speak, acronyms, and contractions, the verbiage of the peace was somewhat unweildy for a modern book.
Yasmin  Vasquez
Aug 02, 2015 Yasmin Vasquez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another hit

This series is excellent, this book is an excellent third. Liz and Raylen make a perfect couple. It was a sweet romantic book. I love the way Raylen showed Liz that he loved her!
Ruth
Oct 12, 2011 Ruth rated it really liked it
Shelves: paperback
I really liked it. I enjoyed a nice and growing relationship between Liz and Raylen. They didn't have to fight other people to have a relationship. I also really enjoyed that other couples had relationships going on in the back ground of the book.
Lynn McWilliams
Mar 25, 2015 Lynn McWilliams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carnivals and Christmas

Who knew carnies and romance novels mixed? Carolyn Brown! Always thinking out of the box and stretching the possibilities of the readers thoughts about where to find love, this one will make you smile.
Rose helg
Dec 14, 2015 Rose helg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must Read Book

This book was good. It, was fun, sassy, made you laugh, good sex, crazy at times, I just couldn't put it down. This is a really really good book. Can't wait to read the next one.
Tarina
Dec 03, 2012 Tarina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, romance, 2012
All Lizelle Hanson wanted for Christmas her whole life was a house with out wheels and a cowboy.

I was not able to put it down till I read it all to see if Lizelle would loose her traveling wing and trade them in for roots.
Aunt Bee
Nov 12, 2015 Aunt Bee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So very beautiful and heartwarming

5 Stars and a 1 click recommendation (Also available as kindle unlimited).
I' moving right along to the next book as I need to prolong the "feel goods" I'm experiencing.

Thank you Carolyn Brown for writing. You made my day
  • Catch Me A Cowboy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #3)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
  • Cowboy Fever
  • Quinn (Wyoming Sky, #1)
  • Dylan  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #2)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Fencing You In (Riding Tall, #3)
  • Three Weeks with a Bull Rider (Oklahoma Nights, #3)
  • The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Rebel (Six Pack Ranch, #5)
Hi! I'm twenty five years old and movie star gorgeous. The camera added thirty plus years and a few wrinkles. Can't trust those cameras or mirrors either. Along with bathroom scales they are notorious liars! Honestly, I am the mother of three fantastic grown children who've made me laugh and given me more story ideas than I could ever write. My husband, Charles, is my strongest supporter and my ...more
More about Carolyn Brown...

Spikes & Spurs (7 books)
  • Love Drunk Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #1)
  • Red's Hot Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #2)
  • One Hot Cowboy Wedding (Spikes & Spurs, #4)
  • Mistletoe Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #5)
  • Just a Cowboy and His Baby (Spikes & Spurs, #6)
  • Cowboy Seeks Bride (Spikes & Spurs, #7)