Start by marking “Sugar Daddy Diaries” as Want to Read:
Sugar Daddy Diaries

Sugar Daddy Diaries

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  76 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Frustrated with her stalled career as a broadcast journalist and uninspired by dating naive and needy guys her own age, Helen Croydon joins a website to seek an older man. She expects it to be just a few fun dates in some fancy bars but finds herself propelled into a world of Prada shopping trips, fine dining, first-class travel and fascinating, powerful men. Helen's soul- ...more
Published (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sugar Daddy Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sugar Daddy Diaries

Samantha Kukuljan
Sep 07, 2015 Samantha Kukuljan rated it really liked it
Before this book I thought women who dated older men were just sluts.

BUT THANK YOU HELEN for showing another perspective. You were honest and gave it a good perspective. You were curious about a whole other world and shed light on it in such a way that made it glamourous and so basic at the same time.

Now when I see young women with much older men I think of your lessons.

Great book to show people another perspective.
Shaun Attwood
Jun 06, 2014 Shaun Attwood rated it it was amazing
With a warm and clear voice, Helen took me into a world that I never knew existed: sugar-daddy internet dating. As her adventures became more extraordinary, I couldn't put the book down. I was constantly wondering what was going to happen to her next. I admire Helen's honesty and bravery for writing this book.
Lennongirl
Interesting and entertaining. This is a diary account of a late 20s/early 30s women who doesn't seek long time commitments and has a thing for older men. Thus, I felt that book talking to me a lot of times :P The voice is refreshingly honest and direct, the different man Helen meets (via various online dating platforms) are described in a way that makes them all easy to distinguish. Helen offers some fascinating views on life and relationships - views of the tolerant kind. I liked reading this, ...more
Nancy Stringer
What motivates a Sugar Daddy? He knows at his age he can't expect someone of younger age to be with him. He finds that a financial investment is often a substitute for an emotional affection and acceptance. Once a Sugar Daddy is naked, he clings on to any human being. He views intimacy as a commodity and he wants the rewards of a devoted girlfriend but also the freedom of a bachelor lifestyle.

When does a Sugar Babe stops taking the money? When she changes her view about what she wants.
Allison White
Aug 29, 2014 Allison White rated it it was amazing
I liked this book. It was an easy read, appeared honest and genuine. An insight into a different world.
Rebecca  Porter
Mar 13, 2014 Rebecca Porter rated it it was ok
Meh. I managed about two thirds of this and then gave up. It was boring and not entertaining in any way. I expected wit and salacious details but instead the story just sort of ambled along and never really went anywhere. Disappointed.
Janice starvics
Nov 09, 2011 Janice starvics rated it really liked it
Sugar Daddy Diaries describes or better yet borders the forbidden sugardaddy, sugarbaby world. Helen Croydon offers the insight for those who are curious, but afraid to ask.

The book represents the Helen's experience, on www.sugardaddie.com at the extremes. I would say a very courageous book, that somewhat depicts what each and everyone of us secretly wants, but afraid to go for it.
Scare Bear
May 10, 2015 Scare Bear rated it liked it
Enjoyed 'Screw the fairytale' but this was disappointing. I liked following the slippery slope but the ending? A man told me what my friends had being saying for years and I have a sudden ephiniy? Sorry but what a cop out.
Colleen
Jun 03, 2011 Colleen rated it really liked it
Fast read, beach read, but an interesting story of a girl who began internet dating because she preferred older men. Over time it seems to evolve into something rather different, possibly addictive, not entirely healthy, but a well documented journey through it and back. (I always like happy endings)
Heidi
Aug 04, 2012 Heidi rated it it was amazing
Great insight. I learned a lot through this book.
Unfortunately, the reality in the UK seems to have changed a lot since Helen's experience with the sites.
I would like to be a modern day mistress.... So far have not been successful but will "keep calm and carry on"
Cathrine
Apr 24, 2011 Cathrine rated it liked it
What sounds like a bit of fun dating older and rich men, soon shows that there are no ideal relationships. What we really want is to be loved no matter how strange or quirky our needs are.
Natasha
Jul 23, 2012 Natasha rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book! My only regrett is not reading it when i was single!
Messi
Messi marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
tom hammond
tom hammond is currently reading it
Jun 17, 2016
Lori Light
Lori Light rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2016
Miss Katrina James
Miss Katrina James marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
maria northmore
maria northmore rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Dovile Urbanaite
Dovile Urbanaite rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
Emma Palmer
Emma Palmer rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Diana08
Diana08 marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Ahmed
Ahmed rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Aimee-Jane Carpenter
Aimee-Jane Carpenter rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2016
Xiomara Jordan
Xiomara Jordan rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Celia Richardson
Celia Richardson rated it did not like it
Feb 05, 2016
Nicola Keating
Nicola Keating rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Helen Croydon is a best-selling author, journalist and broadcaster. She’s best known for her immersive journalism, investigations and opinion pieces on modern relationships, woman’s issues and health.

Her latest book Screw the Fairytale: A Modern Guide to Love and Sex looks at alternative models of relationships to conventional marriage-and-kids. Highlights include a stay at a polyamorous commune i
More about Helen Croydon...