Start by marking “S.O.S. (Titanic #3)” as Want to Read:
S.O.S. (Titanic #3)

S.O.S. (Titanic #3)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  772 ratings  ·  86 reviews
Disaster has struck, and the Titanic is going down. What started as a thrilling voyage has turned into a fight for survival. For Paddy, Sophie, Juliana, and Alfie, every second counts in the race against death. All of their hiding and all of their seeking has come down to this: Can they save the people they love? Can they even save themselves? One cold, horrifying night wi ...more
Audio CD
Published September 1st 2011 by Brilliance Corporation

To ask other readers questions about S.O.S., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about S.O.S.

Lori
Third in Korman's Titanic trilogy.

I liked this trilogy, I think it would be an excellent set of books to get young boys reading...or girls for that matter.

The story of well-to-do Julianna, suffragist's daughter Sophie, underage White Star employee Alphie and stowaway Paddy is engaging and interesting. The friendship that develops between the three comes across as genuine and easily could have held the story together without the Jack the Ripper subplot.

That subplot was like a big glob of mud in t
Elizabeth
Time is running out for Sophie, Juliana, Alfie, and Paddy as they struggle to survive; the Titanic is sinking and there aren't enough lifeboats.

Readers will be on the edge of their seats wondering who will survive the harrowing journey. Although I wasn't always happy with the results the mostly realistic conclusion should satisfy readers.
Sydney
Okay I stayed up till almost 1:00am reading this book. I read it in less than three hours. I just couldn't put it down. I had to find out what happened.

Overall this is one of the best series I've read on the Titanic. I just LOVED it. It was also a very tragic and sad book. learning how unprepared the Titanic was and how the class system treated the people.

(view spoiler)
( ●—● ) Evelynn
Page 39.

A third of the way through the book, I am screaming in my head that all the main characters absolutely HAVE to make it out of this alive. Pretty much by the end you feel like you just went on a crazy, emotional roller coaster. And got punched in the gut as well.

(view spoiler)
Tami
The Titanic Trilogy consists of three books: (1) Book One: Unsinkable; (2) Book Two: Collision Course; and (3) Book Three: S.O.S. Written by one of my absolute favorite authors–Gordon Korman–these books weave a heart-stopping adventure based on the historical “unsinkable” ship, the Titanic in 1912. Book One details the final arrangements for the Titanic’s maiden voyage and its initial departure from England. Book Two covers the actual event of the Titanic’s fatal crash with the iceberg. Book Thr ...more
Heidi
Intense read, which was to be expected. But done well. And with what I know from my Titanic obsession, Korman stayed pretty true to the actual facts that existed. And the fictional parts he added were just fine. Realistic and sad. A really good book and overall trilogy to teach or intrigue young audiences about this tragedy. I was disappointed that Korman didn't include some author or historical note to state what things were actual facts and such. Based on true stories always intrigue me, and I ...more
Mrs Johnnie Tate
Feb 06, 2012 Mrs Johnnie Tate rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mrs Johnnie by: Summer Haught
Granddaughter gave this series to me for Christmas and the gift was more than expected. Mr. Korman has delivered a sound book about people in difficult circumstances, does not gloss over the horror without being gross. This book should be read by every 5th and 6th grader. The history lessons the time period attitudes, dressings and divisions should bring to light, arcetectural / engineering lessons the building of the ship could trip in those so inclined, and the survival / phycological lessons ...more
Ellen
As I had hoped, the third book in the series recaptures some of the qualities of the first. I raced from cover to cover in just a few days. Part of that, I think is the intensity of the situation: the ship is sinking and we really want to find out if our friends will survive. Children unfamiliar with the history may be surprised that there is no happy ending here. The Jack the Ripper thread is picked up again, which was my biggest detracter from book two, but it isn't as heavy on the plot line. ...more
Jimmy
Titanic Book Three: S.O.S.
The book "Titanic Book Three: S.O.S." is written by Gordon Korman. This book is fiction but it based off of a true story. I found this book to be very interesting because I had seen a movie about the Titanic but this book has different characters which gives a different point of view of the Titanic. I would recommend this book to anybody looking for an interesting and exciting book to read.
In the book "Titanic Book Three: S.O.S. there are many things that happen from
Tina
We all know how the story of the Titantic ends, so the sinking of this great ship is no surprise. The lives of Alfie, Paddy, Sophie and Julianna on the sinking Titantic and their efforts to survive and save as many lives as possible is the REAL story. Very exciting conclusion to this trilogy. Readers may be surprised that the ending isn't "perfect" and they must all learn to live with some type of loss.
Korina Pace
~ The title of this book Is Titanic , The title of the authors name Is Gordon Korman I love this book Titanic Its a great inspiration It will definently change your life and how you look at boats and water The book Is amazing It gives alot of details . I have read this book over 3 times . I love the book because It gives lot of interesting facts super fun to read . Its not to hard at all . The main setting of this book Is when the boat Is sinking and all the things they find In the water after ...more
Anna-Cosette
Erin

Fast-paced, exciting, with the voices sometimes being a little too over the top for me...but overall a great listen. I jumped in at the end of this series, but will definitely go back to read the first two. There's just something so fascinating about the Titanic disaster.
Kandyce Barber
This trilogy was a fun, fast paced read. It is always interesting for me to hear the facts surrounding the Titanic. Korman also adds additional excitement with gangsters and the possible solving of an age old murder mystery.
Isaac
S.O.S is the final of three books in the "Titanic" series by Gordon Korman. The Titanic has struck an iceberg and is beginning to slowly sink. Most members on board are thinking that the Titanic will not sink so they are still partying but on the other hand, Paddy got put into one of the cells because he got caught. The crew members start to get the life rafts on the ready while Alfie and his friends are trying to save Paddy from the cell. Eventually, Paddy gets helped out of the cell and has to ...more
Jenn
A superb ending to the trilogy! It brings all your favorite characters to a conclusion as well as sets a very realistic & vivid account of what it was like when the ship went down.
Beth
The closing of the Titanic trilogy shows how the characters have moved beyond their outlooks at the start of the story. There's lots of drama and danger as the ship goes down.
Andrea
Dec 25, 2014 Andrea rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Readers
Recommended to Andrea by: *RIRE*
Shelves: i-own
G
I love learning about the titanic and the tragic stories of its passengers.
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *sniffle* goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood <3 alfie:(
SaraS Scott
Stacie (MagicOfBooks)
Rebecca
This is the third and final book in the Titanic series by Gordon Korman, and concludes the story of Sophie, Juliana, Paddy, and Alfie, four young teenagers traveling on the Titanic. At the start of the series, they had very little in common. Juliana and Sophie are both first class passengers, but come from very different families - Juliana is the daughter of a British earl, while Sophie's mother is an American suffragist. Paddy is a stowaway, and Alfie lied about his age to get a job on the ship ...more
Clarkhou
This book sets in the North Atlantic Ocean. On her last journey In 1912 carrying the four known main characters on board named "Paddy, Sophie, Juliana and Alfie. The journey gets more intense as the London killer known as "Jack the Ripper" resurfaces and as they learn a horrible truth, that even the Unsinkable Titanic has an Achilles Heel. Together they must find a way to escape the horrifying moments that will take place on the Titanic next, or death awaits them to be.

I chose this book because
Lonna Pierce
The audio version of this conclusion to Gordon Korman's suspenseful Titanic Trilogy does not disappoint. One feels literally immersed in the tragedy as it unfolds minute by minute and are acutely aware of the great ironies surrounding the legendary ship's sinking and rescue efforts. All the loose ends are tied up, but realistically, as we follow the four young friends from different social classes as they try to survive.
Samantha
This final installment in Korman's Titanic trilogy is packed with action as it details the sinking. I still think that at this reading level these three short books could have been made into one, but the shorter length, nonstop drama, and attractive covers are well-suited to reluctant readers.

I enjoyed the way Korman included details from eyewitnesses into his account of the sinking. He had some of his fictional characters have experiences that come from actual survivors statements. The confusio
Patrickl
Really good. There were some really sad parts, but I guess that's what you should expect from a story that involves the Titanic. This was a great end to the small series. I wish there was a fourth book that continues off of this one. That would be pretty good, but I guess you can only make so many books in one series before people get tired of it. I really suggest this series to anyone who enjoys action and adventure. The 3 books in this series are the best books I've ever read. It keeps you tur ...more
Gaye Vaterlaus
I enjoyed this series of books that I can share with my students. Compelling enough to keep their attention and short in length but they will be clamoring for the next book when they finish each one. Great marketing ploy!! A nice way to get historical fiction in for those boys in class.
Ryan Mitchell
I read this book coming from books 1 and 2 and I just have to say that it's not the best but it was good. One of them dies and everyone's parents die except for Sophie's mother. Basically a lot of people die. Maybe you'll like this book better than me, but I've personally read better.
Janhavi Sahasrabudhe
The ending of the Titanic is really ironic because the first book in this series was named "Unsinkable", exactly opposite of what happened. This was still a really good because it was very descriptive.
Susan
A great conclusion. It really brought to horror of the sinking of the Titanic home. This was a very exciting book. The ending was part happy and part sad. This was really a good series.
PWRL
Mar 05, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
E
Titanic History: S.O.S by Gordan Korman - 3rd Book 4 6 Apr 03, 2012 04:03PM
  • That Fatal Night: The Titanic Diary of Dorothy Wilton (Dear Canada)
  • Titanic Crossing
  • Ghosts of the Titanic
  • Dangerous Waters: An Adventure on the Titanic
  • The Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 (I Survived, #4)
  • The Surge (Storm Runners, #2)
  • No Moon
  • The Last Musketeer (The Last Musketeer, #1)
  • Echoes of Titanic
  • Polar The Titanic Bear
  • Titanic Sinks!: Experience the Titanic's Doomed Voyage in this Unique Presentation of Fact andFiction
  • S.O.S. Titanic
  • All Stations! Distress!: April 15, 1912: The Day the Titanic Sank
  • A Rare Titanic Family: How the Caldwells Survived the Sinking and Traveled the World
  • Hearts That Survive: A Novel of the Titanic
  • Cold April
  • 882 1/2 Amazing Answers to Your Questions About the Titanic
  • Voyage on the Great Titanic: The Diary of Margaret Ann Brady, R.M.S. Titanic, 1912
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While i
More about Gordon Korman...

Titanic (3 books)
  • Unsinkable (Titanic, #1)
  • Collision Course (Titanic, #2)
One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2) The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8) The Medusa Plot (39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #1) Schooled Swindle