Start by marking “Pieces of Us” as Want to Read:
Pieces of Us

Pieces of Us

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  281 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Charlotte Barnes believed her life was perfect until a betrayal forced her from everything she knew and loved. Devastated and trying to put the past behind her, Charlotte sought a new life in a new town. Now, five years later, her fiancé has convinced her it's time to return home and face her past. But will the truth she learns and the people she reconnects with d ...more
Published April 5th 2011 by Omnific Publishing (first published April 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Pieces of Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pieces of Us

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesSempre by J.M. DarhowerGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
Pulled to Publish Fan Fiction
51st out of 212 books — 296 voters
Cheating to Survive by Christine ArdigoLover Eternal by J.R. WardThoughtless by S.C. StephensUndeniable by Madeline SheehanNamed and Shamed by C.P. Mandara
YOUR CHEATING HEART
46th out of 202 books — 252 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
It looks like I'm in the minority but I disliked this book immensely. The only reason for the two star rating is because the story is fairly well written. Other than that, there is not a single thing about this book I enjoyed. The plot is mostly made up of manufacted drama to elicit emotion from the reader. Add a cheating hero who is basically a coward; a secondary love interest who deserves to be the hero; a heroine not bright enough to know the difference; and you end up with a story full of a ...more
Jennifer Lane
Sharp Yet Well-Rounded Love Triangle

Charlotte Barnes has the perfect marriage. Her husband dotes on her, and she delights in the domestic bliss they've created. There's only one problem. She discovers her beloved husband Cameron has been cheating on her.

Lost and bereft, Charlotte hightails it out of town without giving him the chance to explain. She slowly rebuilds her life, meeting a police officer named Owen. When Charlotte and Owen begin to fall in love, Owen realizes that pieces of Charlotte
Tia
The heroine knew the hero at eighteen, after spending some time together they married and were deeply in love. When the heroines mother left her father, the heroines world collapsed and she wouldn't let anyone in, including her husband, our hero. So the hero feeling neglected cheating on the heroine with her best friend. When the heroine found out she left and divorced the hero.

The heroine moved to Boston and met another man named Owen, he changed her way of thinking and helped her move on. Show
Debra Anastasia
This is tough subject matter. Heartbreaking. But in the real world, it happens. Hannah does a beautiful job highlighting the delicate subject matter.
Megan (magan bagan)
In Hannah's debut novel she deals with a rather controversial subject, adding twists and unexpected situations that leave the reader wondering just what happened. Pieces of Us is a story that I think everyone could relate to.

Charlotte and Cameron fell in love young and seemed to have the perfect marriage. That is until Charlotte found a text message from her supposed best friend. Refusing to hear his excuses, she leaves their home and tries to start over.

But you can't always run from your past.
Victoria
Romantic Reading Escapes
It has taken me a few days after reading this book to wrap my thoughts around the "personal" aspect of this book. I say personal because that's exactly what it was to me....very personal. What can I say other than, "I LOVED it!" Hannah Downing begins by giving us the back story of Charlotte's and Cameron's love story...how it all began. Throughout the book, the author gave me flashbacks that enabled me to get inside Charlotte's head...and her heart...as the book unfolded like a Lifetime movie. T ...more
Mell
I had to press on in order to finish this, as I disliked both of the main characters. They felt flat and one dimensional, and the story felt like it had no energy. The writing itself was no real motivation to like the book- just blah. (Example: The opening pages rushed the story, putting years into a few paragraphs. The book read like the author didn't feel like bothering with how the couple got to where they are.)
Renee Booth (Sassy Book Lovers)
One of the most Intense books I have ever read! Check out my review at sassybooklovers.blogspot.com
rameau
Mar 25, 2012 rameau marked it as not-for-me
Shelves: p2p
See comments.
Djenii
LOVE <3
Passion For Pages
Review on http://passionforpages.blogspot.ca/20...

When I started reading Pieces of Us I was immediately overcome with a sense of déjà vu. I started looking through my pile of books. Had I read this one already and not written a review for it? Nope. Turned out I had read it before, but back when it was fan fiction and I hadn’t finished – can’t remember why now. Maybe I just became too busy or maybe I just grew bored. *sigh* Either way, I trudged ahead and I’m glad I did.

The story starts off with
Bia
3.5 Stars!

This is another emotional book that I read in less than a week. Although you won’t become best friends with the tissues like the previous book I read, you will feel sad at some moments.

Charlotte Barnes and Cameron Harper fell in love really young. They got married really fast and had the perfect married live you could imagine for two or three years or so Charlotte thought. (view spoiler)
Cafebiblioart
(Might contain spoilers)

I loved this book, just as I predicted. This one used to be a fanfic as well…yeah, I know, I have been reading a lot of pulled fanfiction lately. I hope it doesn’t bother you!

The plot is not very complex, but this time I not complaining. This book is about feelings, about betrayal, hope, fear and most of all love.

This story is very well written, at least it is in my opinion. I was able to connect with Charlotte - the heroine in a way I haven’t done it before. I could fee
Stacey
I found myself walking along with Charlotte on my own personal journey though the endings were very different. I enjoyed the book, but it was hard for me to read at times because I found myself reliving pieces if my own life. I appreciated all the characters in the book. I really like how Hannah Downing provided us with the backstory and then forwarded the story to 5 years later. I enjoyed the book very much, but it was very emotional for me at times. Meeting the realization you need to move on ...more
Ioanna
It took me forever to understand what really happened and that had to do with the way the story was told.And I got tired.All the way through the book until the time that we learn what really happened,I thought that it was all a big fat misunderstanding and that at some point it would be cleared ...I was wrong.What you see is what you get.Almost 200 pages and some wasted reading hours for a misunderstanding that it was not at all a misunderstanding.Oh come on:( !!!
And there are plenty not flatter
Malika
I hated this bk! The H was an absolute a-hole and the h was tots tstl ! Pathetic!
Paula Robinson
Loved it cried laughed & genuinely enjoyed the entire book only wish it had an epilogue
Amy
Charlotte and Cameron were meant to be or at least it appeared that way. When Charlotte read that text from her BF that was sent to her husband my heart broke! Then years later Charlotte comes back to town with a new man and Owen is amazing. I knew we were going to find out what really happen all those years back but I wasn't prepared! I was on team Owen and then BAM back to team Cameron.
kimber
two stars rather than one only because the ending was somewhat gratifying. this book pissed me off right up until that point, though. don't waste your time with this one.
Michelle
Loved the emotion you feel from all the characters throughout the whole book.
Denise
Emotional!
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Boots
Boots marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Raijilli Magaña
Raijilli Magaña marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Kendal Waller
Kendal Waller marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
  • The Way That You Play It
  • The Billionaire Bum
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Welcome to Drama Academy
  • Weight of the World (Old Wounds, #3)
  • Grave Refrain