Start by marking “The E-Myth Accountant: Why Most Accounting Practices Don't Work and What to Do about It” as Want to Read:

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  73 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Distilled small business advice for accounting practices

Many accountants in small and mid-size practices are experts when it comes to their professional knowledge, but may not have considered their practice as much from a business perspective.

Michael Gerber's The E-Myth Accountant fills this void, giving you powerful advice on everything you need to run your practice as a
Published January 31st 2011 by Wiley (first published November 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The E-Myth Accountant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The E-Myth Accountant

Tony
Aug 22, 2015 Tony rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found the thought processes presented in this book to be very helpful and insightful. I did not necessarily love the format of two authors writing on the same topic. I would have encouraged many more examples of how to implement some of the ideas with more concrete details. I felt like Gerber primarily rehashed his primary book The E-Myth, and Root added the accounting substance. Granted, this is exactly what they told you they were going to do, so don't be surprised that you will get exactly ...more
Mark Polino
The application of the emyth principals to accounting firms is interesting. I think that there can be opportunities to systemize accounting firm processes. I do worry that the focus on systemization drives out opportunities to truly wow clients. I'm not sure that's the intent of the book but it comes across that way.
Thomas
Jan 27, 2012 Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: accounting
Great book, I think every accountant should read this book. It guides you from being an accountant to a business owner, something most firm owners today don't understand. If you are going to build a business you have to work on your practice not work in your practice.
Tj Miron
This was a decent read. I was hoping it was going to be more detailed. I feel I got more from the original E-Myth than I did the Accountant specific version.
Vera
Jun 28, 2011 Vera rated it liked it
so-so
Slavi
Slavi marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Thomas N. Jefferson
Thomas N. Jefferson rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Russ
Russ rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2016
JOHNNY SALUTAN
JOHNNY SALUTAN marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Eddy8331
Eddy8331 is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2016
Matt
Matt is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2016
Jatie Kay
Jatie Kay marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Taras Molyar
Taras Molyar rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Steve Padgett
Steve Padgett rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Joe Ferreira
Joe Ferreira marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Caleb Jenkins, CQP
Caleb Jenkins, CQP is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2016
Dave White
Dave White rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Grant
Grant marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Ronald
Ronald marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Joanne Saccasan
Joanne Saccasan rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Amit Mundhra
Amit Mundhra rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Jason
Jason is currently reading it
Feb 01, 2016
Javi Jara
Javi Jara rated it it was ok
Dec 18, 2015
Joy L Garso
Joy L Garso rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Claire Stamper
Claire Stamper marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Shawna Aho
Shawna Aho rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Pepper Horton
Pepper Horton rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2015