The E-Myth Accountant: Why Most Accounting Practices Don't Work and What to Do about It

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Distilled small business advice for accounting practices

Many accountants in small and mid-size practices are experts when it comes to their professional knowledge, but may not have considered their practice as much from a business perspective.

Michael Gerber's "The E-Myth Accountant" fills this void, giving you powerful advice on everything you need to run your practice as...more
Published January 31st 2011 by John Wiley & Sons (first published November 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The E-Myth Accountant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The E-Myth Accountant

AmblingBooks
"This book offers powerful and practical direction from two business leaders that will change your personal and professional lives." � Mike Sabbatis, president and CEO, CCH

Listen to The E-Myth Accountant on your iPhone, desktop, or smartphone.
Mark Polino
The application of the emyth principals to accounting firms is interesting. I think that there can be opportunities to systemize accounting firm processes. I do worry that the focus on systemization drives out opportunities to truly wow clients. I'm not sure that's the intent of the book but it comes across that way.
Thomas
Great book, I think every accountant should read this book. It guides you from being an accountant to a business owner, something most firm owners today don't understand. If you are going to build a business you have to work on your practice not work in your practice.
Tj Miron
This was a decent read. I was hoping it was going to be more detailed. I feel I got more from the original E-Myth than I did the Accountant specific version.
Jami
Jami marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Catlin Bettridge
Catlin Bettridge marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Joe Sr.
Joe Sr. marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Lea Allen
Lea Allen marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Tiffany Richardson
Tiffany Richardson marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Vicki
Vicki is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Haile Teklu
Haile Teklu marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Cion Banoy
Cion Banoy marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Andrew Nedelchev
Andrew Nedelchev marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Mar 15, 2014
Shelley Fleuridor
Shelley Fleuridor marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Vinci Amorim
Vinci Amorim marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Niel
Niel marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Brigett Richardson
Brigett Richardson marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Korie Shankulie
Korie Shankulie marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Richard Hernandez
Richard Hernandez marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World Class Company Awakening the Entrepreneur Within: How Ordinary People Can Create Extraordinary Companies The E-Myth Revisted/ The E-Myth Mastery The E-Myth Enterprise: How to Turn A Great Idea Into a Thriving Business