Start by marking “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 6 (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, #6)” as Want to Read:

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 6 (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? #6)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The book that inspired the film Blade Runner comes to comics!

Worldwide bestselling science fiction writer Philip K. Dick's award-winning DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP? has been called "a masterpiece ahead of its time, even today," and served as the basis for the film Blade Runner. BOOM! Studios is honored to present the complete novel transplanted into the graphic no
Hardcover, First Edition, 144 pages
Published November 1st 2011 by Boom! Studios

To ask other readers questions about Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 6

Jonathan Roberts
Whoa.....what a lame ending! I was super excited after trade five for a big knock down drag out fight by the main character and the three androids....but when that does not happen and we get an extended dream sequence? Or whatever it is....I just don't know? What a bummer! The series as a whole was fun I love the concept and the artwork. The last trade was sadly a disappointment
Having not even read the novel or watched Blade Runner before stumbling upon this series at my library, I went and checked a volume out, finding that I'd glossed over the part where it was volume 3. In my defense, the number was somewhat obscured by the library's bar code sticker on its lower spine.

After picking up the first two volumes to complement it, I sluggishly took it in. At first it was jarring, reading descriptors galore while the art panels could have (/should have) handled the action
Athena Ninlil
Reading all six volumes was fun. They were a great adaptation from Philip K. Dick's book by the same name. One of the things that Dick's science fiction presents that many others of his generation lacked was a not-so-positive outlook on the future. That is, a very grim outlook, almost completely bleak. The characters are in constant conflict not so much with the world as with themselves. There is also the elements of what is real, what is human, etc. In Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Phili ...more
The final volume of the graphic novel adaptation of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is just as strong as the first, and wraps things up just as they should be.

PKD's writing has withstood the test of time and change of medium - the conclusion to DADOES? will blow your mind if you're not expecting it. Even having read the book a couple times, I still had forgotten some of the intricacies and was reminded with force as they popped onto the page.

The art is still great, as it has been throughout
This is the final volume in BOOM! Studios' graphic novelization of P.K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?. I thought there were more volumes, and I'm still confused about that, actually, since Goodreads shows covers for volumes 7, 8, and 9. But I'm pretty sure the book ends here.

As with every other volume, this doesn't disappoint. The art adds wonderfully to the unexpurgated text without distracting from it. I can't recommend this series highly enough, especially if you're a fan of the
Ugh, don't make me say anything! Just read this now to be able to help answering a question for school. It's poorly written, outdated, post-nuclear apocalyptic crap. Why are they still reading this for school? No wonder teenagers don't like to read - especially not after this!
Robert Hudder
I have pulled out a bunch of food themes and musings from these arcs and I am going to blog about them. The relation of food to human/not human. Kinda of what it means to eat and socialize. Really enjoyed this series.
Carl Nelson
Fantastic conclusion to the series. The final volume doesn't disappoint, capturing all the intricate threads of Philip K. Dick's themes and uniting them. It's been a long time since I read "DADoES?" and I have forgotten the emotional impact of the conclusion and Deckard's choices.

As a series, this is one of the best adaptations from the written word that I have read. Narrative text is skillfully blended into dialog, preserving much of Dick's evocative prose. The artwork is always complementary,
Wils Cain
This was our bookclub selection and having already read the story and seen Bladerunner which is based off this story (but not really the same story), I decided to revisit the story through a different artistic interpretation - the graphic novel. It was really beautiful and the artist purposefully did not keep the aesthetic similar to the movie version. 6 volumes to tell the story. Every word from Philip K Dick's book is in the graphic series.
Rob Hermanowski
This is the sixth and final volume of this outstanding graphic novel adaptation of the classic Philip K. Dick sci-fi novel that inspired the classic sci-fi film "Blade Runner" (also brilliant, but very different from the book). Dick's book is very well-represented in this format - ideal for anyone interested in delving into his particular sort of dystopic, metaphysical speculative fiction.
graphic novel.
Saw it on the new books shelf at the library and brought it home. Didn't realise it was volume 6 of a graphic novel series until I sat down with it. Read it anyways. And remembered that a) it has been forever since I read the novel and b) the novel was a bit hard to read and follow.
A faithful adaptation of the story... actually, I believe the story is written word-for-word as PKD had scripted it.
add to that some very nice artwork in graphic novel style and you merge two of my favorite things. PKD + G.N.
Extremely anti-climatic finish. If Ridley Scott had done a straight-up adaptation of the book instead of crafting Blade Runner out of this nonsense, his career might be over.
Mark CC
The art really pushes it into 5 Star territory. It greatly adds to the mood.
great style and great end to a very well assembled graphic novel series.
Fantastic rendition of the series!
Read individual issues 21-24.
Katie marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Jade marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
FantomWriter marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
M2zz3 marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Celeste Pretorius
Celeste Pretorius marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
JPLTeens marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Osotto marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Evan Pollard
Evan Pollard marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
  • Showcase Presents: Batman, Vol. 1
  • Revival Deluxe Collection Volume 1
  • Ruse, Vol. 1: Enter the Detective
  • Planet of the Apes, Vol. 1: The Long War
  • Famous Players (A Treasury of XXth Century Murder)
  • Justice League Dark, Vol. 5: Paradise Lost
  • Sleeper Season Two
  • Justice League Dark, Vol. 3: The Death of Magic
  • Six Feet Under and Rising (iZombie #3)
  • Fogtown
  • The Planetary Omnibus
  • The New Teen Titans: Games
  • The Sixth Gun, Vol. 4: A Town Called Penance
  • Squadron Supreme
  • The Invisibles
  • Wonder Woman Vol. 6: Bones
  • Fantastic Four, Volume 3
Philip K. Dick was born in Chicago in 1928 and lived most of his life in California. In 1952, he began writing professionally and proceeded to write numerous novels and short-story collections. He won the Hugo Award for the best novel in 1962 for The Man in the High Castle and the John W. Campbell Memorial Award for best novel of the year in 1974 for Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said. Philip K. Di ...more
More about Philip K. Dick...

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (6 books)
  • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, #1)
  • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 2 (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, #2)
  • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 3 (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?,#3)
  • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 4 (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?,#4)
  • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 5 (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, #5)