Start by marking “Oath of Seduction: Seducing Sharon (Shimerian Oath, #1)” as Want to Read:
Oath of Seduction: Seducing Sharon (Shimerian Oath, #1)

Oath of Seduction: Seducing Sharon (Oath of Shimerian #1)

Published March 30th 2005 by Ellora's Cave (first published January 22nd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Oath of Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oath of Seduction

Ral's Woman by Laurann DohnerGrim by M.K. EidemClaimed by Evangeline AndersonHunted by Evangeline AndersonBerrr's Vow by Laurann Dohner
Mars Needs Women Trope
57th out of 399 books — 491 voters
Grim by M.K. EidemRal's Woman by Laurann DohnerVenomous by Penelope FletcherThe Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee SmithBerrr's Vow by Laurann Dohner
Alien & Earth woman romance/erotica
143rd out of 584 books — 590 voters

More lists with this book...

Carolyn F.
Aug 07, 2011 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic, ebook
Okay, someone has been borrowing ideas from this author (Evangeline Anderson Claimed book)Claimed. Men from space come to Earth to find brides because there are hardly any women. They have the claiming period where they're allowed to kiss one day, touch over clothes the next and so on. Same as Claimed. Sharon is a librarian that doesn't want to leave her friends and job. Same as Claimed. This book was written in 2002 and Claimed was written in 2011. I liked this book much better. I couldn't stan ...more
Jan 30, 2014 Brittany rated it really liked it
If you have read any of the Kindred Bride series this is very similar. However, I did like this book better. I liked that the women had a choice to sign up for the draft where in the Kindred they were drafted. Second, I liked Sharon I could relate to her because she loves books, is afraid of heights and very ticklish. I loved that she was relatable. I probably would have even given this book five stars just on that alone even though the hero was really "Alpha." The only scene that I had a huge p ...more
Jan 21, 2012 Yasmin rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
I read several reviews saying that the "Brides of the Kindred" series was a poorly written rip off of this author's work, and having enjoyed the first two Kindred books I had to give this a try... never should have done it.

I tried to force myself to read, but I couldn't and abandoned it a little over half way through the book. I didn't come to like any of the characters, found the dialogue awkward, and really really really hated the "sherree" endearment.

I'll stick to my Kindred books thank you
Linda Sims
Feb 09, 2014 Linda Sims rated it really liked it

I came across this book and it's follow up in a Charity shop, intrigued as the premise sounded very similar to Brides of the Kindred I couldn't resist. This is a story written much earlier than Ms Anderson's series. But the similarities are almost identical.

Sharon had signed up at 18 years old on the register to make herself a available for a mating with the alien race her government had entered into an agreement with to provide brides for the males from Shimeria. In exchange the
Sep 05, 2007 Kimchi rated it liked it
This is one of those books where if you are not into sharing..... you dont want to read it. Their relationship is rocky at best, then you add a best friend, talk about hot steamy sex. Again this is also one of those times where the story was good until the end, but nothing special.
Oct 08, 2015 Tanya rated it really liked it
Shelves: lendle
3.5 rounded up to 4. Short but interesting and very very similar to another alien series.
May 06, 2016 Sparkyhedgehog rated it did not like it
Shelves: sci-fi, aliens, readin2013
Jan 03, 2012 Reader rated it did not like it
After reading several other similar themed books, I figured I would give this a try. Terrible! I could not finish the story. The dialogue is not only slow but awkward. The characters lack depth, and personality. The plot has potential but is completely ruined by a sorely lacking author. Don't waste your time.
Jun 20, 2015 Kalyee added it
Shelves: dnf

I maybe should have read the reviews for this more closely

(view spoiler)
Sep 04, 2014 Kate rated it it was ok
Book 1 in the Oath series Sharon took an oath at the idealistic age of eighteen to mate with an unknown alien from another planet, never expecting the alien to actually show up and invoke it eleven years later. A librarian with a love for the orderly and ordinary, she prefers a calm, quiet existence. Surprises are life's way of indicating you did not plan well enough. Adventures are for people with more guts than sense. And sex, well, it's okay, but nothing to get too worked up over. Liken is a ...more
hmmmmm.... The first book in the Oath of Shimerian series by Marly Chance.

Definitely hot! Maybe too hot for my taste.
I went back and forth a lot on this book. Quite honestly, I was kind of worn out by the end in the pendulum it sent me through. I forgot Liken is a bit of an asshole. He may have understood humans due to the classes and all his race went through. His classes must not have been too detailed to cover the concept we have of sudden drastic changes in our lives like Sharon had to undergo because of her agreeing to this oath she took. Sharon also told him she didn't remember much about what she was to ...more
Main Characters:
Sharon - An Earth librarian who is selected as a mate by a Shimerian man
Liken - The Shimerian who plans to be Sharon's mate

Years ago Sharon took an oath to mate with a Shimerian male if one chose to take her as his pacmate. She is one year away from being taken off the roles as a potential mate when she is selected by Liken and must go with him to Shimeria to see if they are compatible. The story revolves around the three week courtship period at the end of which they mu
Alba Molinas
Jul 10, 2016 Alba Molinas rated it it was amazing
Es una historia cortita pero entretenida para leerse en un descanso de un libro tremendamente largo. He de decir que aunque toca temas como planetas extraterrestres puedes meterte en la historia. Mi unico fallo que le encontré fueron ciertas costumbres del protagonista, si de acuerdo es un extraterrestre y es ficcion, pero no me agradaban. Aun asi me gusto mucho!
Liked this one so much more than the other one. The females were similar but this one wasn't as annoying, still annoying for all the jumping to conclusions and purposely holding herself back, but at least she wasn't always trying to be hurt the guy and didn't try to be a bitch all the time.
Natalia Trujillo
Jun 27, 2014 Natalia Trujillo rated it really liked it
Creo que es un libro que podría pulirse más. Tiene buena trama y buen argumento aunque hay escenas en las que sólo quiero darle un golpe a TODOS. Pero mundos fuera de esta galaxia siempre me han ENAMORADO
Jul 14, 2016 Tala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This reminds of Claimed a lot. Both having to do with alien men (from a planet with not enough females) coming to Earth for mates. Both books have an agreement between planets about how this is done that is remarkably similar. This one was way beter, I couldn't finish Claimed. The heroine got on my last nerve. I had to put the book down. I'll be looking for more from Marly Chance.
Denise Ladochi
Dec 29, 2014 Denise Ladochi rated it it was amazing
wow! in a good way
Mary Chan
May 05, 2015 Mary Chan rated it really liked it
excelente libro, una historia bastante diferente.
May 11, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Thought this book and the sequel were fun reads.

Laughed and rolled my eyes at the whole linking thing. The sex scenes were good, story was a bit "out there" but a fun way to lose a few hours. These books were short.

Looking forward to the 3rd installment if the author ever gets around to writing it............
Oct 25, 2012 AlligatorSmith rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, erotic, futuristic
One of the first erotic/futuristic/aliens coming to Earth looking for brides stories. It doesn't rehash those that have just come out recently; it sets the stage (along with Jaid Black's Trek series) for all those other books to follow. Spicy hot!
Jan 16, 2013 MK rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-f, futuristic, aliens
The story is nice. Although I'm quite bewildered about the shimerian customs, its quite a good and hot story for sure. I love the part that Sharon opened herself sexually and emotionally to Liken in the end...
Sep 04, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!! This is my new favorite genre; sci-fi erotica. Wow! This book was such a pleasure to read. It was written really well. No wonder it received rewards. I can't wait to start the next book.
Apr 18, 2016 Lena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of scifi erotica
Warning: May Cause Fire

This is a short hot story I read years ago that did not disappoint as a midnight reread. The simplistic scifi backstory only makes me like it more. Best of genre.
Harim (The Reader Blog)
I really really really wanna have information on the third book! :(
Apr 27, 2013 Kiki rated it it was amazing
No conocía a la autora y la encontré gracias a un foro de lectura! Me gustó muchísimo la historia! Es muy original, yo quiero un extraterrestre así tb!
Sep 24, 2012 Charlotte rated it it was ok
really 2.5. I loved the plot idea but Mrs. Chance needed to explore more of the plot. It felt rushed and incomplete. great idea for a story though.
Aug 20, 2014 Gee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was great...a really good book; the start of the series. I went right out and bought the download for the next book, Conquering Kate.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Jul 25, 2011 Laura (Kyahgirl) rated it liked it
3/5; 3 stars; B

I enjoyed this 'new to me' author. This was a fun story.
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • When Night Falls (Satrins, #2)
  • Lord Kir of Oz (Return to Wonderland, #1)
  • Alien Overnight (Aliens Overnight #1)
  • Binding Krista (Fallon Mates, #1)
  • Nyssa's Guardian (More Than Male, #1)
  • Death Row: The Trilogy (Ellora's Cave Presents)
  • Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bryght (Orion, #1)
  • Alien Mate
  • Touch of Gypsy Fire
  • Rio (Tales of the Shareem, #2)
  • Fetish
  • Claiming Earth (Delroi Connection, #4)
  • The Price of Pleasure (Saurellian Federation, #1)
  • Captured
Award-winning author Marly Chance lives with her husband and young son in a small Tennessee town where truth is always stranger than fiction. She believes firmly in happy endings, chocolate, family and good friends.

When not writing, she stays busy persuading her toddler that the coffee table was not actually designed to be a trampoline or a teething toy. Her hobbies include reading, bowling and p
More about Marly Chance...

Oath of Shimerian (2 books)
  • Oath of Challenge: Conquering Kate (Shimerian Oath, #2)

“Liken had discovered that she was scared of heights, secretly read erotic stories, and had incredibly ticklish feet.” 0 likes