Start by marking “She's Dating the Gangster” as Want to Read:
She's Dating the Gangster

She's Dating the Gangster

4.3  ·  Rating Details ·  6,598 Ratings  ·  568 Reviews
It all started when 17-year-old Athena Dizon unwittingly plays a trick on resident heartthrob and bad boy, Kenji de los Reyes. All of a sudden, she finds herself pretending—unwillingly at that—to be his girlfriend to make his ex jealous.

Now, not only does she have to deal with dirty looks from the girls in school who want Kenji for themselves, but her supposed boyfriend is
Mass Market Paperback, Pop Fiction, 143 pages
Published August 5th 2013 by Summit Books (first published August 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about She's Dating the Gangster, please sign up.

Rose Minnie You won't be able to read the book here. This site is basically for putting reviews and recommending books you find interesting to other people. You…moreYou won't be able to read the book here. This site is basically for putting reviews and recommending books you find interesting to other people. You can search for the book on Wattpad (where it was originally published. Though I doubt it's still there). Or try googling for a PDF copy of the book. I'm sure you'll find one somewhere on the internet. Or better yet, go to a bookstore near you and buy the book instead. :)(less)

Carleen
Apr 01, 2012 Carleen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: filipino
At first, I was hesitant in reading it since it was in Filipino(tagalog). Yes, I admit it. Even though I’m a Filipino, I hate reading tagalog/filipino stories since I feel like it can make me go crazy because of those difficult words to understand. But I was wrong. This novel type story was easy to read and to be understood. Once I started from the prologue then chapter one, that’s it! Chapter one captured my attention and kept me going on in reading the story.

The story comprises of 50 chapters.
Patrick Agaloos
Aug 11, 2013 Patrick Agaloos rated it did not like it

WALANG HIYA. LECHUGAS.
ITO AY GARAPALANG PANSASALAULA SA PANITIKAN.
NATUTO LANG MAGTEXT? NATUTO LANG MAGTYPE? NATUTO LANG MAGEMOTICONS? NATUTO LANG NG ENGLISH EXPRESSIONS? MAGSUSULAT NA NG KWENTO?

ANDAMI DAMING DESERVING NA MAIPUBLISH ETO PA? KAWAWA NAMAN UNG MGA PUNONG PINUTOL PARA MAKAGAWA NG PAPEL PARA DITO.

HINDI LANG AKO MAKAPANIWALA NA ANDAMING KUMAKAGAT SA GANITONG MGA KWENTO NA NAGSISIMULA SA WATTPAD... MGA JEJE GIRLS.

WALA AKONG PAKIALAM KUNG UNG WATTPAD VERSION MAN OH UNG PR
Carmie
Feb 19, 2012 Carmie rated it really liked it
TOO MUCH LOVE WILL KILL YOU.

Sinabi sa akin yan ng kaibigan ko ng matapos niya itong mabasa.
Nung una ayokong sumang-ayon, pero pagkatapos kong mabasa ito, sumang ayon ako sa kaibigan ko.

Nung una, hindi pa ko nadadala kasi feeling ko parang F4 story na naman o parang koreanovela na nakakasawa na.. pero napatunayan kong hindi pala.

Chapter 1-30 = for me tipikal love story.. punong puno ng kilig.
Chapter 30-40 = Nakakainis biglang nagswitch yung story.
Chapter 40-50 = KAKAIBA! yung lang ang masasabi ko
Alysa Del rosario
Mar 18, 2013 Alysa Del rosario rated it did not like it
A lot of my friends recommended this so I thought that I may give this story a chance. But I hate to say that it can't really be considered as a real story. Honestly, it was like reading a 13 year-old's rant. It must have been an easy read but it really was not. There was too much CAPITALIZATION. Too cliche. Some stories I've read before were cliche but at least they were written properly. They were tolerable. But this.. I barely got through chapter 15 and this story has 50 chapters if I'm not m ...more
Arvy
NAKAKASUKA. Wala bang zero na rating?

Disgustingly, this is about Athena Dizon, a dumb ignorant stupid girl who assumes she is a royalty in her stupid MSN, who begs people to be nice to her when she introduces herself and who submitted herself as a slave to Kenji delos Reyes, the "gangster" to try to win his ex-girlfriend back. If you are looking for a book to burn, a book to pee on, or just a book to simply loathe, this one is a hell of perfection.

I went nuts after reading the book's Prologue. W
Sea Sprinkle
Jun 11, 2013 Sea Sprinkle rated it it was ok
Recommended to Sea by: my friend
Zhaira Mae
Sep 01, 2012 Zhaira Mae rated it it was ok
Cliche. Mainstream. Korean.
Bothering words: "Pati" "Hinde"
Emoticons: ^__^
Punctuations: ???? !!!!!!
Too much CAPITALIZATION

My friends liked it. I don't know but this isn't my thing.
I stopped reading sometime in Chapter 15...I'm not sure. Basta more than 10 but less than 20. Na turn off ako, di ko kinaya. xD
Eh kasi naman masyadong predictable ang mga nangyayari. I don't know about the others but its like that for me.
Gusto ko lang muna sabihin na kaya ko 'to nasasabi kasi the stories I've read,
Hannah Keziah Dela Cerna
Feb 01, 2014 Hannah Keziah Dela Cerna rated it did not like it
Bland. Unoriginal. Mainstream. Not Creative Enough. Bad Dialogue.

most of my friends liked it but it just made me sad. really sad. it made me realize that our generation is developing bad taste in literature. we eat up basically anything that is unrealistic and badly-written so as long as there is a hot guy and a girl playing cat and mouse.

typical koreanovela-ish.
sounds like 100 days with mr. arrogant, don't you think?

the prologue was unoriginal. sounded like "I kissed a zombie and i liked it" a
Alona
May 01, 2013 Alona rated it did not like it
What a freaking waste of money. Pardon my harsh words but I'm cutting back on book expenses and I'm a little picky with the books I buy these days. One hundred seventy-five pesos for a novella is a bit pricey but I support Filipino writers so that's okay. It's just that I want a good book to read not something I'll regret buying. I'm okay with trying new authors but this time, I should have bought another Summit book.

The synopsis of She's Dating the Gangster is catchy. A refined bad boy had alwa
Chibivy
Okay sana eh, kaso napaka-immature ng writing style. Ang cliche din ng story line. Saka puro emoticons? Duh, para lang nagsulat sa diary. Ang daming nahook dito, pero ang babaw talaga.
Yuchiyo
Apr 12, 2013 Yuchiyo rated it it was ok
She's Dating The Gangster is the first Filipino novel I've ever read way back 2010 or 2011. I honestly think that Filipino novels are corny. Really. No offense. But then again, for some reasons, we don't have internet connection, and I am bored as hell. I decided to read the doc copy we had in our desktop. I find it really corny, I just have no choice. -.-"

I don't feel butterflies on my stomach, I don't cry, I just don't feel anything. Am I weird? Sorry for saying this but, I don't really like t
Aira
Mar 16, 2013 Aira rated it liked it
Shelves: tagalog-books
I read this on Wattpad at the recommendation of my friend. I never knew there was a Goodreads account for this book. Reading it on Wattpad, I was actually a little annoyed because of the format of writing. Too many emoticons and punctuation marks. But the story was actually okay, if not a bit exaggerated.

And then there was news that the story was getting published so I went ahead and bought the published book to compare it to the original story. From the beginning there was already a big differe
Monique San Lorenzo
Nov 13, 2012 Monique San Lorenzo rated it it was amazing
*Update - This is released this march as a book and some parts of the story has been changed. I WANT TO BUY THAT BOOK.

Would you re-read it if ever? :)

_ _ _

I wont actually consider this a book, but hey nothing changes. I cried buckets because of this.

naging emotionally unstable ako for days. haha. hindi ako maka move on sa nabasa ko. I rarely read stuff like this but this one is an exception. I would recommend it to hopeless romantics like me. It is very moving. i dont know if we'll feel the sam
K.D. Absolutely
Jul 04, 2014 K.D. Absolutely rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to K.D. by: Besfrend Moomai
Kanina andaming tao sa Cinema 7 sa SM Megamall. May premiere night ng movie adaptation ng K pop fiction na ito. Darating daw si Kathryn Bernardo at Daniel Padilla. Tamang-tama, naisip ko, katatapos ko lang basahin kaninang umaga ng book na ito na nirecommend ng office friend ko na si Besfren Moomai. "Basahin mo yon, besfren, dark yong ending. Mabibigla ka basta kasi ba't biglang ganoon," ang sabi nya sa akin minsan kumakain kami ng dinner sa Lugang last month.

Si Besfrend Moomai bihirang mag-reco
Angie
Dec 05, 2012 Angie rated it liked it
Recommended by my classmates in IV-Nobility (City High!)
Just sayin': This is a review of the Wattpad version.

*spoilers ahead*

I have tried reading a precious hearts romances book in the past and I didn't like it, which is why I expected this book would be REALLY bad. But I went ahead and read it anyway and discovered that it wasn't as bad as I thought.. Although I don't consider it freshly good.

Let me start with the characters. First of all, we were not well acquainted with the characters. All we
Glenda Marie Asinas
Apr 10, 2012 Glenda Marie Asinas rated it did not like it
Since it's highly recommended by some girlfriends, I found myself really disappointed after finishing the book. I was not even halfway and I'm already asking a friend to just narrate the rest of the story to me. Although it's lengthy(there are a lot of unnecessary scenes), I mustered all my might to finish it in the hopes that the good parts were to come. But it never did. The story is so mundane. It's like a mishmash of the typical Koreanovelas I've seen. And the typos were so distracting. I'm ...more
Jana Joyce
Jul 13, 2012 Jana Joyce rated it it was amazing
umm .. at first parang ayoko kasi parang jologs..!! then nakita ko sa fb ung mga post and picture tungkol sa story so nacurious ako.. then when i was in the first page "prologue" super nakaka relate ung mga quotes.. then i thought to my self na parang interesting talaga..

eto lang masasabi ko.. nakaka kilig,,nakaka iyak,, nakaka inis,, nakaka loka,, at syempre di mawawala ung nakaka relate..
kakaiba ung scenes na mga nangyayari pero parang madadala ka nlng..
super interesting..hndi nakaka sisi..
s
Maria
Sep 02, 2016 Maria rated it did not like it
Recommended to Maria by: Joy
Shelves: filipino, tfgbingo
(Athena to Lucas)
Ikaw ba.. ngayong alam mong may sakit ako, is it possible for you to continue.. loving me?

F*ck you, Athena. (Sayang ka, Lucas.)

Stupid story. Stupid plot. WTF ending.
Kenji is an ass. Lucas is chicken shit. Athena is an opportunista!

To further rant about this STUPID book will only give other readers curiosity to pick it up, and read. Please, don't.
Charissa Sophia de la Rosa
Well, I was hesitant to read this. First of all, I had read the original one, the real story posted in Wattpad and refused to continue since I already got bored. And I wasn't a fan of Tagalog/Filipino stories since most of them are clichéd, too mushy and too full of coincidence and drama to be true.

But then, I heard the news of She's Dating the Gangster by Bianca Bernardino is going to be published as a book and everyone, I mean everyone at my school (even two of my friends) is hyped up at th
Melissa
Jul 18, 2013 Melissa rated it it was ok
I have no sympathy for characters that tolerate rough treatment or even a bit of misdemeanor from guys. A more understandable and expected reaction from the character would be to keep distance and enjoy the view, not allow herself to suffer the experience when she knows it's coming. I think guys who are habitually mean are ill-bred and lack the respect entitled to others. Having said that, I have no sympathy for Athena who allows herself to be bullied by her pretend boyfriend Kenji, the school " ...more
Denise
May 08, 2013 Denise rated it it was ok
When I was impulsively shopping to kill time one random saturday evening, I stumbled upon a shelf that featured this book, violet and teal cover (featuring a guy that awfully looks like Jung Yonghwa) stark against the pastel Summit books. "The online fanfiction that swept the Pinoy K-Generation," I read aloud to my sister. Now, as a Kpop fan myself, I read fanfiction, but mostly the ones found in Livejournal or Tumblr. However, I have heard of a certain work of fiction with the same title from m ...more
Rhisa Rey
Nov 11, 2012 Rhisa Rey rated it liked it
3 stars

I'm being fair here. So, eto na nga. Ngayon ko lang nalaman na marami palang nagkalat na reviews ng SDTG dito sa Goodreads. Pakiramdam ko kasi noon, hindi naman ito makakasali rito. So, going back, hindi naman sa hindi ko ito nagustuhan kay tatlong stars lang ang inilagay ko. It's just that, marami pa rin kasing lapses ang story na ito. Hindi rin sa sinasabi kong magaling ako sa proofreading dahil sarili kong istorya, may mga mali rin.

So, here we go. Marami akong napansin habang binabasa

Patrice Lavandero
**EDITED**
I was inspired by this writer. A filipina writer.

At first, I doubt that the story will go well, just like other people from other countries... Honestly speaking..
But it went better than expected.

The scene takes you to a normal high school girl who despised (not really) a guy.
Then slowly, the guy dared(?) the girl to be his girlfriend.

At first, I really thought it would be cliche and all but it wasn't.

As I continue reading this book, my feelings and thoughts went along with it.

At the
Alexa
May 01, 2012 Alexa rated it really liked it
I read this about 4 or 5 years ago, but as most memorable stories go, I could still remember the whole plot. A friend emailed it to me, and I found out it was one of those Internet novels that are circulating around. It actually originated in a CandyMag forum, but I only found that out now. As in, about five minutes before I typed this. I didn't even know it was up in Goodreads!

At first, this seemed like a novelization of a traditional Korean drama (yes, I watch a lot of those - it's a guilty p
Mara
Apr 13, 2013 Mara rated it liked it
I read the original manuscript from Wattpad first before buying the book. The story is really amazing! But to be honest, the manuscript is better than the book. Though the original has a lot of unnecessary conversations or details, it adds to the emotional impact of the story. Feel na feel mo yung nararamdaman ng characters. As for the book, some of the scenes were cut/summarized. The original has a total of 300+ pages while the book is more or less 200. So obvious naman kung gano kadami yung na ...more
Shiela
Feb 18, 2014 Shiela rated it did not like it
i gave this book 1 star.. only.. y? huh! shouldn't have given it any star at all.. I just don't like the story plot.. I read this book only because of the news that it'll be adapted into a movie featuring Kathniel.. ok, the characters may be good, but the whole story plot is like.. MEH..

Sorry for the negative reviews, but it is what it is. I just wished that this book was proofed read before they published it.. So many flaws.. the way the author think was too shallow.. I hate the fact that it ha
Jenny Levine
Jan 03, 2013 Jenny Levine rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jenny by: Isabella Francesca
Bawled my eyes out :((
Mar 27, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
Title palang pang Korean movie na.. haha. At hindi nga ako nagkamali. Plot palang mala-Korean movie na talaga. Though I greatly compared them, the story was awesome. Just plain awesome.

The story started just how the movie ‘He was cool’ started. Different in a way that Athena and Kenji was IM-ing and the one’s on the movie wrote on a blog or something about school. The story became very ordinary for me coz this was how Korean movies are made. In short, paulit ulit nalang. I can even relate scenes
Jackie
Mar 05, 2012 Jackie rated it really liked it
This is the 1st Filipino novel I've read for about 4 years. A friend of mine recommend this to me saying that his soon-to-be-girlfriend (or atleast, I hope so), love this one and hope that he'll read it. But, who are they kidding, he's a guy for godsake! And sadly, he's not included on those rare population where men reads.

*WARNING: This contains a combination of praises and MORE rants, comments, and other annoying criticism that YOU would wonder why the hell I gave it a rating of 4 ;))

Anyway,
Jukang Liwayway
A monumental waste of time. So many emotions, kulang ang emoticons para iconvey ang naramdaman ko.

:'( gusto ko maiyak habang nagbabasa --- kasi di ko pa natatapos. andaming satsat. paikot ikot, ulit ulit ang sinasabi. Walang sense most of the time, parang diary lang ng isang dalagitang walang utak - sorry medyo harsh.

>.< nakaramdam din ako ng galit -- ilang beses ko hinampas ang fone ko dahil ayoko ng ituloy basahin. Poot na poot ako. Sayang sa effort.

:/ wala ako magawa kundi magtiis. inu
Too Young, Too Real 2 49 Feb 06, 2014 11:02AM
  • She Died
  • What's In Your Heart
  • The Despicable Guy
  • "Break the Casanova's Heart" Operation
  • Tamako Sia
  • 548 Heartbeats
  • Secretly Married
  • Three Words Eight Letters, Say It and I'm Yours (Three Words Eight Letters, Say It and I'm Yours, #1)
  • Definitely a Sadist (Sadist Lover, #3)
  • Mapapansin Kaya?
  • Interim Goddess of Love (Interim Goddess of Love, #1)
  • A Hundred and One Reasons
  • A Place in Time
  • The Bet
  • Waki (Calle Pogi, #2)
Author of She's Dating The Gangster. One of the hottest book on her time. It alsoe turned into a movie and portray by the hottet loveteam with Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla.
More about Bianca B. Bernardino...

“‎"Love is seeing an imperfect person perfectly.. and he is far from being perfect. But there’s something about him that captivates my heart.What’s so good about him anyway? Is it his radiant smile? His charisma? Maybe it’s his attractive face? I don’t know. But..I’m falling.. hard.” 212 likes
“I love you. Yung pagmamahal ko sayo kasing lalim ng pinakamalalim na dagat sa buong mundo. I love you. Yung pagmamahal ko sayo kasing laki ng pinag sama samang planeta. I love you. Yung pagmamahal ko sayo mas matagal pa sa forever. I love you. Yung pagmamahal ko sayo hinde na mapapalitan ng kahit sino. I love you. Kahit ilang beses pa kitang kelangan pakasalan gagawin ko. Kahit na sa lahat ng simbahan sa buong mundo, gagawin ko. I love you. Kahit na ipagtabuyan mo ko, kahit na mag sawa ka sakin, kahit na iwanan mo ko, ikaw at ikaw parin ang mamahalin ko. Hahanapin kita kahit san ka magpunta. At pag nahanap kita, hinde na kita ulit papakawalan pa. I love you. Kahit gaano kasakit, kahit gaano kahirap hinde kita iiwan. I love you. Yung pagmamahal ko sayo, hinde na mawawala. I love you, Athena. I love you, I love you, I love you.. UhnJaeNa, YongWonHee.” 144 likes