Start by marking “Bear In Long Underwear” as Want to Read:
Bear In Long Underwear

Bear In Long Underwear

The star of Bear in Underwear and Bear in Pink Underwear returns in another adventure. It's wintertime, and Bear and his friends go outside to play in the snow. As Bear sheds his clothes in order to dress his newly-built snowman, he's left--not with his signature tighty-whities--but with LONG underwear. And now, all his pals want cool long underwear of their own.
Published October 11th 2011 by Blue Apple Books (first published August 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bear In Long Underwear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bear In Long Underwear

Oct 12, 2014 karen rated it it was amazing
this book is great, especially the page that says, "beaver makes snow angels with cougar."
Jan 22, 2015 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
We begin our story time each week with a GREETING SONG -- "The More We Get Together" and then we sing "Hello Everybody, Let's Clap Our Hands" (doing several verses with various actions relating to our theme). In one verse we "all stood up", in another we "made it snow" (raising our arms above our heads and wiggling our fingers as we lowered our arms), in another verse we "rolled snowballs" (rolling our arms), and finally we "made a snowman" (placing three imaginary snowballs one on top of the ot ...more
April Thompson
Jan 25, 2014 April Thompson rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for big googly eyes and cute graphics. And what's not to love about long red underwear?!
Jan 06, 2012 Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: winter, bears, underwear
I am a sucker for a bear wearing underwear whether it be long or short.
Nov 04, 2015 Esodhiambo rated it really liked it
Shelves: primary
winter activities
winter wear words
speech bubbles
There are parts that I love in this, and parts that I didn't. The pictures at times were cute as well as scary (aka - the monkey/gorilla; Kami thought it might be a Yeti!). Love the turtle, of course. Enjoyed some of the humor (e.g. with the skunk). Still trying to figure out the porcupine's look after they've dressed the snowman and are looking at the bare Bear. I'd assume it's one of shock! :-) Ending was predictable and OK for me, but I think kids will enjoy it. I don't think I'd read it in s ...more
I shared this with a kindergarten class during an outreach visit. They loved this book - though I think they would love any book that would make me say "underwear" out loud. Recommended for those who like their storytimes on the silly side.
Nov 16, 2011 Stefani rated it liked it
Shelves: read-picture
As an adult, this one was just strange. The story was erratic, and the text bubbles ruined any flow of the story. Still, the animals' discovery of long underwear is humorous. Another book with cute points that is weak as a whole.
Aug 18, 2014 Tam rated it really liked it
My 7-year-old loved this book even though it's probably for younger kids.
The illustrations are goofy but cute and every boy seems to love stories involving underwear.
Dec 31, 2011 Christen rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
I do not care for this style of illustrations and while the humor is fun in this book, it's overall just a little too "thin."
May 11, 2012 Gray rated it really liked it
You loved this one, and when I asked you why, you said it was just getting to feel the underwear on the front cover.
Nov 20, 2011 Jocelin rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
Funny in the beginning but, got a little muddled towards the end.
Michelle Gray
Dec 16, 2011 Michelle Gray rated it really liked it
The title says it all. So silly. :)
Em rated it it was ok
Apr 19, 2016
Bree rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Tracie added it
Feb 08, 2016
Nancy rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Christine Gumina
Christine Gumina rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Megan marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Amy added it
Jan 15, 2016
Wendy Lukert
Wendy Lukert rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Heather rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Ellen marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Matthew rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2015
Declan rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Todd H. Doodler is a well-known “pop artist,” and in addition to writing and illustrating the best-selling Bear in Underwear books, he is the author/illustrator of The Zoo I Drew, Girls Are Weirdos But They Smell Pretty! and Boys Are Stupid, Throw Rocks at Them! Doodler lives in California.
More about Todd H. Doodler...