Start by marking “Passion (Fallen, #3)” as Want to Read:
Passion (Fallen, #3)

Passion (Fallen #3)

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  123,993 Ratings  ·  5,424 Reviews
The third book in the incredible FALLEN series.

Before Luce and Daniel met at Sword & Cross, before they fought the Immortals, they had already lived many lives. And so Luce, desperate to unlock the curse that condemns their love, must revisit her past incarnations in order to understand her fate. Each century, each life, holds a different clue.

But Daniel is chasing he
Published June 23rd 2011 by RHCP Digital (first published June 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Passion, please sign up.

JBP OMG I couldn't stand how the book just kept going on and on and on about the same things. So yes I know exactly how you feel with wanting to pull your…moreOMG I couldn't stand how the book just kept going on and on and on about the same things. So yes I know exactly how you feel with wanting to pull your hair out.
I kept thinking to myself "Do I really want to read this book/series" and "When it going to end!" Her previous books were really good, makes me a little skeptic on reading the next book. (less)

Cait
This review can also be found on my blog, Cait's Corner!

Shhhh! Do you hear that? It's the horrible screams of your money, doomed to spend the rest of their lives with the shame of having been used to purchase this book, and my poor ten dollars are among them. In order to keep your money from the same sad fate, I have quite a few reasons why you should not buy this book, which turned out to be a huge disappointment:

1. The Writing

Throughout the whole novel her writing is extremely choppy and a
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I want Luce to be with Cam!
I kind of think that this whole "love" between Luce and Daniel is just like the one with Elena and Stefan. Im so sick of it. In my opinion Elena should be with Damon and Luce should be with Cam.
kari
Jun 21, 2011 kari rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2011
Three books. Count them. Three. And yet in all those many many MANY pages, there is still no foundation for Daniel and Luce’s love. None. Not one. Oh, unless you consider his chiseled nose, his violet eyes, his firm chest, his rippling abs or his whatever to be a basis for it. This isn’t love. It’s lust. Lust, not pure, beautiful, eternal love that we’re supposed to believe in, but lust. One of the seven deadly, no wonder these two were cursed for it.
We’ve traveled back to the first place when
Lea
**SOME SPOILERS**

Sigh... OK, ready for this?

So, as you may know, the Fallen series is definitely not one of my favorites-- but I am inexplicably drawn to them like a moth to a flame, or a fat guy to a doughnut-- and I keep reading, in the vain hope that someday, somehow I will finally understand what was going through LK's head when she wrote these books...

so, here we go:

~Brief Summary~

At the end of the last book, Luce had had enough of absolutely no one telling her what the heck was going on
Inge
Spoilers

Here is the short review:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is the long review:

And the award for The Worst Couple to Have Ever Been Written In the History of Mankind, No Seriously, What the Hell Were You Thinking goes to… Lucinda Price and Daniel Grigori!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Good evening. I am here with Lucinda Price and Daniel Grigori, the winners of the award for The Worst Couple to Have Ever Been Written In the History of Mankind, No Seriously, What the Hell Were You Thinking! Lucinda, how does that make you feel?

Lucinda: They just
P
Mar 01, 2017 P rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
“I’ll love you with all my heart, in every life, through every death. I will not be bound by anything but my love for you.”

Passion follows after Luce stepped into the Announcer. She wants to pursue her past and what she gets from it will lead her to the end game this time. I did enjoy this book when I read the first half, it's full of adventues, heart-wreching moments, and historical settings. Lauren Kate successfully delievered the story in Passion, she not only tried to present their undyin
Nurlely
Nov 21, 2010 Nurlely rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luce stepped into the Announcer, leaving her Daniel behind, trying to understand everything, and to destroy the curse. From Moscow to Milan, she travelled alone, had no idea of Daniel following her. Daniel was always a step late. In Moscow, Luce found out that all the angels, Cam, Gabbe, Arriane, Roland and Molly were also there. They had good knowledge of her fearful fate.

In Helston, England, 1854 she met Bill, a tiny gargoyle inside her announcer. Bill helped her adjusted herself with the curr
Andrea
Oct 10, 2010 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review Below :)

Ooooo, the cover is out. It's... different.

Ok, this is definitely sounding like a prequel type book guys.

It might be the third in the series, but it goes backwards and covers 5000+ years....
But perhaps it covers those years as she travels, so it is them looking back, rather than a true prequel? So a hybrid prequel?!

REVIEW TIME!

Finished Passion in about 4 hours, so a nice quick read.

Three and a half stars!

Not to sure how to really review this book, as it was so very different to
Emilija
Oct 26, 2010 Emilija rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Masochists
Shelves: 2011-reads, angels
Now this is what I call torture. I have literally never suffered when reading a book, like I suffered when reading Passion. This book really was a pain to read. I wanted to punch something so badly that I ended up taking a jog in the middle of the day to calm down because I am that furious with Lauren Kate. Lauren, thanks to you I damaged my brain not just by banging my head.

It makes me want to cry because I liked the first two books in the series (they weren't some epic books, but they were en
Zero vi Britannia
If you read this book,
Hope it gives you hell.
If you bought this book,
If you find a review
More than two stars
And you agree,
Then you're a fool
And them as well
Hope it gives you hell!

OK, this is harsh. But fun.
Saniya
Jan 06, 2011 Saniya marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Why do I have a feeling that this book is gonna be worse than the last book? *Sigh* Life of a reader is hard.
Dora610
Apr 22, 2010 Dora610 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
so...,a prequel.i don't know how i feel 'bout it.,i'm mostly sad cuz there won't be much Cam,he's the best part of the series.i fear i will have to read about 5000+ years of the "great love" between daniel and Luce.
Stacia (the 2010 club)
2.5 stars. The Fallen series has always been sort of a hit and miss with me. The first book was fairly boring and emo, with the only redeeming factors being an interesting ending and an intriguing character (Cam). Sorry to piss off all the rabid fans of book 1, but nothing really happened in that book until the end. It was a lot of mooning and pining and boring conversations. For me, the second book was more interesting story-wise with less filler, but also featured less of Cam and more of new c ...more
Iyah
Jan 06, 2011 Iyah marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
***Cover Review***

This is the cover?

Are they serious?

Every year the book cover for the series gets a little more unlikable.

The Brown (eeew) clouds seems out of place.

The girl looks so fake. Her shoulder blades are very disproportional to her torso.

The hair looks filthy and her face looks creepy. Not the face that belongs to a heroine. It's not the face Daniel Gregory would fall for.

If there's one thing that I liked about the cover it would be the lower half of it. Just starting from the word P
Hayley
Jun 19, 2011 Hayley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Daniel & Luce. A love that spreads across eons of time and one that ends in Luce dying in a ball of fire each and every time. Except this time, something is different and Luce's on a journey through their past lives to find out why. Through ancient China, old fashioned England and Egyptian tombs Luce winds her way towards the answer she is searching for....

And then here is where my problems lie..
WHAT ON EARTH IS SHE SEARCHING FOR?
I know I know, it's all pre-determined and she had to do it to
◆✦✧ Jemz ✧✦◆
Apr 04, 2010 ◆✦✧ Jemz ✧✦◆ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angels
Oh gosh I wish I was Luce!!!
Scarlet
THANK YOU GOD, I FINISHED IT!!!
This book sucks terribly.
Fallen and Torment were both really good books and I found the series got a little boring, predictable and disappointing.

Everything in this book got so confusing:
1. It has no plot at all!
2. Time traveling was literally so confusing.
3. Luce is dumbass: what on earth is she searching for?
4. How does Daniel keep changing his appearance in almost each past life? Hes immortal after all. He doesnt die!
5. Why do all the other fallen angels always
wafiyah
Jun 19, 2011 wafiyah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What the very depths of hell was that?

So, I just finished the book, Passion, and to be honest, it took me about two days or so just to get past thirty pages, which, I have to say, is not normal for a book lover like me. Honestly, this book took me more time to finish than Torment, and maybe it's because of the characters, or the wayward plot, or the massive twists in the story, but it really didn't appeal to me. I mean, honestly, one Luce is something. But centuries of Lucindas? You have got to
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Posted on: http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com

Could you believe my luck when I managed to get this book for review? I actually jumped up and down with excitement, I was that excited. As you all know this is one of my favourite series and boy, this book didn't disappoint.

After the events in Torment, Luce starts using the announcers to time travel back in time to find out if she and Daniel are truly meant for each other but also to see if she can break the curse on her once and for all. She the
Katherine
Feb 24, 2011 Katherine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
*SPOILERS*
Passion was a big disappointment. Repetitive, boring, and predictable, it dragged and dragged for me. The author said it's the most romantic book, but basically it was just Luce watching all her past selves interact with a past Daniel. Even when she "cleaved" with herself, it was a past version of Daniel that she was talking to/kissing, so it didn't count. And that was the entire book!

Another thing the author said: Passion explains everything. And that would be..what exactly? In one o
Amanda Minnock
May contain spoilers or actually can it even contain spoilers when it still doesn't have a solid plot? (whatevz)

[In the voice of Joker)
Want to know why I got this headache? Well see I'm reading the Fallen series, the book has no plot, no foundation, I try to read on but it just gets worse. I'm trying to push to get through this book to see the end, but my brain doesn't like that.. Not.One.Bit. I put the book down the frustration in me is at boiling point and I can't believe I have spent money on
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
A thousand insta-love moments, are you kidding me? I think I'll pass *manically waves goodbye to the series*
description
Laz
Nov 16, 2013 Laz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: angel lovers

I was hanging on with my mouth open for most the time I was reading that book because of the time-travelling experience which was breath-taking and just constantly kept me on the edge. It's just what I wanted.

From the beginning of this series I've wanted to go back in time and experience every single life-time Daniel and Luce have been together and this book re
Lilou
Dec 17, 2016 Lilou rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-bookshelf
hayden
(scroll for review)

Fernanda's art was better for this one, too.

After reading TORMENT, I was seriously considering not giving this a chance. I mean, did Lauren Kate think smearing her crap over pages of a book and slapping on a cover of a jaw-dropping cover of a tall, skin-'n'-bones girl sobbing into her hands in front of beautiful grey scenery was a good idea? Yeah, no. TORMENT was literally tormenting to get through.

Thank God I have a two-book rule (if two consequent books in a series suck, I g
Mitch Cave
Although I didn't really like it until the last two chapters or so, I thought the writing style was extremely good. The book did lack expectations action-wise as it was pretty borings throughout about 80% of the book. The ending was completely unpredictable and quite shocking, actually. I'm quite scared about the final book, Rapture, due to the ending. I'm scared for the characters. It was left on an 'oh-shit-what-are-we-gonna-do-now?!' ending, so I'm pretty pumped to read Rapture. I thought I w ...more
Bella (Cheezyfeet Books)
I have a confession to make. I didn't like Fallen, the first book in the series, all that much. Luce annoyed me, and the whole thing to me felt like a copy of Twilight (which I loved, and everything else paled in comparison at the time). I've recently reread it, and I'm happy to say I don't feel like that anymore. And now, having read Torment and Passion too, I'm going to take back what I said and say that this series is awesome, and if you haven't read it yet, what have you been doing for the p ...more
Sandy
I don't give a lot of one-star ratings, but WOW. WOW.

I wanted to scream, I get it! Daniel and Luce are in lust love. BUT WHY? WHY???

I'm still at a loss about what I was supposed to learn from this book. That Daniel and Luce are the most selfish couple of all time? That instalove trumps all?

You think it's bad reading about ONE Luce? Trying reading about a dozen Luces through the centuries. And hello? The gargoyle? What was Luce thinking?

Ugh. That's all I can say after slogging through this book.
AnQi
Jan 14, 2011 AnQi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Passion- such a nice cover. Of course, lots of other people say that the cover is as bad as the book itself is. Personally, I thought Torment was actually a step up from Fallen, and I can see it going a lot of places with passion.
______________________

REVIEW FOR PASSION BY LAUREN KATE

Passion is exactly what its name calls for-an intense, fascinating, read, that crosses the boundary of death and life
Glass
Jan 16, 2011 Glass rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angels, 2011, dnf
I don't know why am I even trying!!! This is the dumbest book ever.
YA Buddy Readers'...: Fallen Series by Lauren Kate - Reading "Torment" From March 5th and "Passion" from March 7th 2017 243 378 Mar 19, 2017 11:42PM
Who else hated this book?! 19 91 May 05, 2016 11:38AM
definition of bipolar 2 17 Apr 18, 2016 03:15PM
Buddy read time xx: Passion by Lauren Kate, oct. 2014 4 8 Dec 28, 2014 11:19PM
Addicted to YA: Passion 3 196 Aug 04, 2014 09:22AM
STUPID DECISIONS 3 39 Jul 31, 2014 06:29PM
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
  • Angel Fire (Angel, #2)
  • Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)
  • Hades (Halo, #2)
  • All You Desire (The Eternal Ones, #2)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • Bloody Valentine (Blue Bloods, #5.5)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Circle of Fire (Prophecy of the Sisters, #3)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel, #4)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • End of Days (The Fallen, #3)
  • Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6)
  • Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)
Lauren Kate grew up in Dallas, went to school in Atlanta, and started writing in New York.
She is the author of Fallen and The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove. She lives in Laurel Canyon with her husband and hopes to work in a restaurant kitchen, get a dog, and learn how to surf.
She is currently at work on the sequel to Fallen.
More about Lauren Kate...

Fallen (5 books)
  • Fallen (Fallen, #1)
  • Torment (Fallen, #2)
  • Rapture (Fallen, #4)
  • Unforgiven (Fallen, #5)

“What if you find your soul mate... at the wrong time?” 694 likes
“I'll always choose you." Yes that was the word. "Every single lifetime, I'll choose you. Just as you have always chosen me. Forever.” 673 likes