Start by marking “Metamorphosis (The Immortal Archives, #2)” as Want to Read:
Metamorphosis (The Immortal Archives, #2)

Metamorphosis (The Immortal Archives #2)

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  85 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Change is not always a good thing...

Some survived the battle – but not without a price. As one heart starts up again, another dies down. The pure vampires learn their immortality isn't as strong as they'd thought – the status of their hearts determines their vulnerability. And when the truth gets out, a betrayal by one of their own will cost more lives.

New Adult Urban Fant
Published November 15th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Metamorphosis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Metamorphosis

The Host by Stephenie MeyerFirelight by Sophie JordanDeadly Cool by Gemma HallidayNightshade by Andrea CremerShatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
best "eye" on the cover
103rd out of 706 books — 1,749 voters
Obsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutInescapable by Amy A. BartolCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutHalf-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Best Supernatural Series
275th out of 870 books — 1,014 voters

More lists with this book...

Devon Ashley
Jul 12, 2013 Devon Ashley added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: hunters, vampires, magic, demons, strong female leads
Recommended to Devon by: my imagination
Who would I cast?
description
Check out my post explaining why.
Abby: Rachel McAdams
Noel: Skeet Ulrich
Emily: Emma Stone
Valerie: Evan Rachel Wood
Gaius: Derek Hough

Loved the book? Get the code for the sidebar banner at my site!

description

I'm really excited how Metamorphosis turned out. In Ordained, my characters were confined to one location and stressed as they were forced to play nice with the enemy. Now that they're home again, they're comfortable in their own skins and even get to cut loose for a bit (at least until I
Jennifer Warnix
Jul 18, 2011 Jennifer Warnix rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jennifer by: devon ashley
I was very happy with this book. Metamorphosis has great and unexpected twists that will leave fans of this series probably angry at that moment but don't put that book down! Keep reading and you will be glad you did. I certainly was and I am already anxious to read the next book in this awesome series!
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Review originally posted at Step Into Fiction

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters as much (even more) than I did throughout the first book. There wasn't as much action as we saw in the first book but that's OK because this didn't need it. This book feature a lot of character growth; especially for Emily. It's what she needs. Especially since she's going through her transformation.

Monaliz
Oct 02, 2012 Monaliz rated it really liked it
My rating: 4/5 stars
Read the review in my blog!

May contain some spoilers
Metamorphosis is the second book in The Immortal Archives series, and even though I enjoyed the first book, the second book definitely was more to my taste.

During the first book, Emily had a little "accident" with Abby's blood, and now she's transforming into something completely new. And the transformation isn't always easy, but little choice does Emily have. Luckily she has Noel and Abby on her side and they do their bes
Ivy
Nov 17, 2011 Ivy rated it really liked it
Metamorphosis by Devon Ashley is an intriguing and unpredictable novel with twists and turns!

I really enjoyed Metamorphosis more than its first book, Ordained, because it is more compelling and appealing. Although they have left the academy, there is more to know about who Abby and Noel really are. Also, Emily moved out of the academy and is closer to Abby and Noel more than before. She deals with who she is and what she has become thanks to Abby.

My favorite and most worrisome part of the novel
Pamela
Oct 04, 2012 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rate: 4.5

Since Metamorphosis is book 2, I want to warn that there will likely be spoilers for Ordained in my review.

When we last saw Emily, she had a decision to make. She had been accidentally exposed to Abby's blood which infected her with the vampire virus; however, because it was only a very small amount, it won't turn her into a vampire, it will kill her. So her choice is to either allow Abby to turn her into a pure vampire or die. Not really much of a choice, is it?

Metamorphosis starts off
Step Into Fiction
Oct 10, 2012 Step Into Fiction rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica

I would like to say that the author, Devon Ashley, is genius. About midway through this book she had me furious. I could not have foreseen a betraya
Amber
Sep 27, 2012 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, review, arc
In the beginning of Metamorphosis, I was confused there was so many twists and turns but they all came out and made sense in the end, Thank God because I was sooo about to loose my mind with all the betrayal and lies that were going on. Devon Ashley is an amazing author I have read just about all of her books and she always seems to keep me captivates, she always has something more and new to bring to each new story.

Metamorphosis is the second in The Immortal Archives series, In the first book w
Melissa
Oct 27, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
METAMORPHOSIS BY DEVON ASHLEY

Book 2 in the Immortal Archives Series

I loved the first book in the Immortal Archives series and Devon Ashley doesn't disappoint with this second installment. Metamorphosis was quick paced, dramatic, and witty. A great continuation of the series.

Metamorphosis follows the POVs of Abby, Emily, and Noel. It starts with Emily's full transformation process and continues on with her acceptance of the life she now lives.
As Abby and Noel get Emily adjusted to her new life, t
Disincentive/Feta
Oct 01, 2012 Disincentive/Feta rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review, from-author
READ AND COMMENT: http://disincentive-reviews.blogspot....
When I finished reading Ordained, I felt I really needed more. So many things were left unexplained and I had milion possible endings of the story in my life.
Metamorphosis was WAY better than the first book in the series! I finally got to read more about Emily! At the beggining, it was a lot about her, but then story came back to Abby and Noel. It was pretty chaotic, but I still enjoyed it.
Plot twists are perfect. I usually know how ever
Reading Vacation
Nov 15, 2011 Reading Vacation rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Ordained, the first book in The Immortal Archives series, so I was looking forward to reading more about Abby after her transformation. I wanted to see more of her famous fight scenes and I also wanted to see how things would play out between her and the other characters.

As I hoped, Abby is still the sarcastic and strong-willed girl that I remember. She is tough and has gotten much better at using her powers. There are some great action scenes where Abby gets to show her stuff! I also
Cesya
Oct 03, 2012 Cesya rated it it was amazing
With the way Ordained ended, I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into Metamorphosis. And I have to say, it didn't disappoint! It was non-stop action from the start. Quit a few times this book had me gasping loudly or holding my breath. I may have even yelled at it once or twice because Devon threw in a curve ball I wasn't expecting but it was a perfect play on her part. Everything was planned out so well and tied in nicely to the overall plot of the story. With how this one ended, I'm anxiously awa ...more
Trista Siegel
Sep 11, 2011 Trista Siegel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this book!! This was so much better than the first but it doesn't feel right to say that because the first one great too. I loved all the twists, it was like a roller coaster of action! There were moments I wanted to write to Devon and ask "Why would you do that?" but things worked out so it wasn't necessary. I can't wait for Catacombs!

Full review here: http://tristasiegel.blogspot.com/2011...
Ayanami Faerudo
Oct 04, 2012 Ayanami Faerudo rated it really liked it
Rebecca A. Rogers
Lots of twists in this one! Really hoping there will be more to Emily and Gaius. ;)
Elle
Ordained was a thrilling standout in an ocean of urban fantasy vampire/demon/hunter novels. A unique setting heavy with Romanian influence despite being modern day, no teen melodrama catfights or divas, and a main couple who are married and in a mature and stable relationship.

The sequel, Metamorphosis, seems determined to ruin and remove everything that made Ordained so unique and enjoyable. Gone are the remote settings and mysterious groups. Many are the relationship melodramas. Absent is most
Kara-karina
Nov 09, 2011 Kara-karina rated it liked it
3.5/5
I really wanted to like this book just as much as the first one, but it didn't work out for me. It was just all over the place.

This series is very original and fresh, but I feel like it needs more focus. The plot was going from one thing to another in a blink of an eye. There was no groundwork for certain actions and it was like I was missing some bits of info to give me a fuller picture of events.

I think, up until Noel and Abby's journey everything was going really well. The training and c
Joy
Mar 22, 2016 Joy rated it liked it
Whew, this book almost lost me. At 50%, something happened that made me furious. I hung in there and made it through. Other than that, I enjoyed this book.
Steven Burke
Dec 09, 2011 Steven Burke rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Devon's first book and I must say that this book had me guessing until half way through. The book overall was fantastic. I did struggle with how events that could have used more detail were glossed over. Also, it seemed like things were not completely explained. It was almost as if there was a rush to the end. Still, I enjoyed the characters old and new. She has a great method for developing her characters through subtle, and sometimes not so subtle dialog. I would recommend thi ...more
Tia
Jul 06, 2012 Tia rated it it was amazing
This novel is the second installment in the Immortal Archives and I'm still confused as to why there is two heroines. Abby should of been the main one or Emily should have, not both. Also despite the fact that it's a good read, huge chunks are missing out and when we find out certain parts, we are like what the hell just happened? I can't say that I approve how it's written necessarily but it keeps us entertained.
Dia
Apr 15, 2012 Dia marked it as to-read
Isn't this the same cover as the 3rd Bloodlines book Revelations ????

O.o

except the eyes are "glowing" on this one...
Leah Ryan
This book cover is definetly on something else i've read... Weird.
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Brittaini
Brittaini marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
B Byrd
B Byrd rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Lux
Lux marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Inaz
Inaz marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
  • Grounded (The Airborne Saga, #2)
  • Josephine Lost
  • Destined
  • Dark Seeker (Seeker, #1)
  • Shadowshifter
  • Whispering Evil (Midnight Guardian, #2)
  • Atone (Patronus, #2.5)
  • Silver Moon: The Complete Saga
  • Descended by Blood (Vampire Born, #1)
  • Escaping Shadows (Shadow World, #2)
  • Closer (A Discovery of Vampires, #2)
  • Lean on Me
  • Death Dealer
  • Iridescent (Ember, #2)
  • Breaking Angelina (Paranormal Investigations, #2)
  • Dressed in White
  • Dead of Night (Aftershock, #1)
  • The Fire Wars (Fire Wars, #1)
I'm a mom, a lover and a fighter, a coffee addict, a total smartass, wicked knitster, a Microbiologist, a baker of fine yummy treats, and someone who will fight you to the death for that last Twinkie bag of M&Ms during the zombie-apocalypse. Seriously, my addiction is that important to me. Oh, and I say seriously way too much. Seriously…

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Devon-A...

Ordained
More about Devon Ashley...

The Immortal Archives (5 books)
  • Ordained (The Immortal Archives, #1)
  • Catacombs (The Immortal Archives, #3)
  • Hollow (The Immortal Archives, #4)
  • Deliverance (The Immortal Archives, #5)

“Noel ducked to the lower cabinets – a percussion of pots and pans clanged into each other.

“Are you intentionally trying not to listen to me?”

His head popped above the counter. “I resent that. I’m a great listener. Just ask the TV.”

Emily rolled her eyes. “Alright. I had…”

Noel heard her swallow and he suddenly wanted to knock himself out with the frying pan.

“…relations…with a mortal, Tommy.”

He ducked again, this time from embarrassment. He groaned silently, wishing she’d turn and walk away before she said what he knew was coming.

“It wasn’t quite the same as it was when I was human. It didn’t—”

“Please you, yeah I got it,” he blurted. “Please, for the love of God, stop.”
6 likes