Metamorphosis (The Immortal Archives, #2)

Metamorphosis (The Immortal Archives #2)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Change is not always a good thing...

Some survived the battle – but not without a price. As one heart starts up again, another dies down. The pure vampires learn their immortality isn't as strong as they'd thought – the status of their hearts determines their vulnerability. And when the truth gets out, a betrayal by one of their own will cost more lives.

New Adult Urban Fant...more
Published November 15th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Metamorphosis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Metamorphosis

The Host by Stephenie MeyerFirelight by Sophie JordanDeadly Cool by Gemma HallidayNightshade by Andrea CremerVanish by Sophie Jordan
best "eye" on the cover
99th out of 643 books — 1,493 voters
Obsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutInescapable by Amy A. BartolOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutIntuition by Amy A. BartolCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Best Supernatural Series
158th out of 436 books — 586 voters

More lists with this book...

Devon Ashley
Jul 12, 2013 Devon Ashley added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: hunters, vampires, magic, demons, strong female leads
Recommended to Devon by: my imagination
Who would I cast?
description
Check out my post explaining why.
Abby: Rachel McAdams
Noel: Skeet Ulrich
Emily: Emma Stone
Valerie: Evan Rachel Wood
Gaius: Derek Hough

Loved the book? Get the code for the sidebar banner at my site!

description

I'm really excited how Metamorphosis turned out. In Ordained, my characters were confined to one location and stressed as they were forced to play nice with the enemy. Now that they're home again, they're comfortable in their own skins and even get to cut loose for a bit (at least until I...more
Jennifer Warnix
Jul 18, 2011 Jennifer Warnix rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jennifer by: devon ashley
I was very happy with this book. Metamorphosis has great and unexpected twists that will leave fans of this series probably angry at that moment but don't put that book down! Keep reading and you will be glad you did. I certainly was and I am already anxious to read the next book in this awesome series!
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Review originally posted at Step Into Fiction

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters as much (even more) than I did throughout the first book. There wasn't as much action as we saw in the first book but that's OK because this didn't need it. This book feature a lot of character growth; especially for Emily. It's what she needs. Especially since she's going through her transformation.

Monaliz
My rating: 4/5 stars
Read the review in my blog!

May contain some spoilers
Metamorphosis is the second book in The Immortal Archives series, and even though I enjoyed the first book, the second book definitely was more to my taste.

During the first book, Emily had a little "accident" with Abby's blood, and now she's transforming into something completely new. And the transformation isn't always easy, but little choice does Emily have. Luckily she has Noel and Abby on her side and they do their bes...more
Ivy
Metamorphosis by Devon Ashley is an intriguing and unpredictable novel with twists and turns!

I really enjoyed Metamorphosis more than its first book, Ordained, because it is more compelling and appealing. Although they have left the academy, there is more to know about who Abby and Noel really are. Also, Emily moved out of the academy and is closer to Abby and Noel more than before. She deals with who she is and what she has become thanks to Abby.

My favorite and most worrisome part of the novel...more
Pamela
Rate: 4.5

Since Metamorphosis is book 2, I want to warn that there will likely be spoilers for Ordained in my review.

When we last saw Emily, she had a decision to make. She had been accidentally exposed to Abby's blood which infected her with the vampire virus; however, because it was only a very small amount, it won't turn her into a vampire, it will kill her. So her choice is to either allow Abby to turn her into a pure vampire or die. Not really much of a choice, is it?

Metamorphosis starts off...more
Step Into Fiction

I would like to say that the author, Devon Ashley, is genius. About midway through this book she had me furious. I could not have foreseen a betraya...more
Amber
In the beginning of Metamorphosis, I was confused there was so many twists and turns but they all came out and made sense in the end, Thank God because I was sooo about to loose my mind with all the betrayal and lies that were going on. Devon Ashley is an amazing author I have read just about all of her books and she always seems to keep me captivates, she always has something more and new to bring to each new story.

Metamorphosis is the second in The Immortal Archives series, In the first book w...more
Melissa
METAMORPHOSIS BY DEVON ASHLEY

Book 2 in the Immortal Archives Series

I loved the first book in the Immortal Archives series and Devon Ashley doesn't disappoint with this second installment. Metamorphosis was quick paced, dramatic, and witty. A great continuation of the series.

Metamorphosis follows the POVs of Abby, Emily, and Noel. It starts with Emily's full transformation process and continues on with her acceptance of the life she now lives.
As Abby and Noel get Emily adjusted to her new life, t...more
Disincentive/Feta
READ AND COMMENT: http://disincentive-reviews.blogspot....
When I finished reading Ordained, I felt I really needed more. So many things were left unexplained and I had milion possible endings of the story in my life.
Metamorphosis was WAY better than the first book in the series! I finally got to read more about Emily! At the beggining, it was a lot about her, but then story came back to Abby and Noel. It was pretty chaotic, but I still enjoyed it.
Plot twists are perfect. I usually know how ever...more
Reading Vacation
I enjoyed Ordained, the first book in The Immortal Archives series, so I was looking forward to reading more about Abby after her transformation. I wanted to see more of her famous fight scenes and I also wanted to see how things would play out between her and the other characters.

As I hoped, Abby is still the sarcastic and strong-willed girl that I remember. She is tough and has gotten much better at using her powers. There are some great action scenes where Abby gets to show her stuff! I also...more
Cesya
With the way Ordained ended, I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into Metamorphosis. And I have to say, it didn't disappoint! It was non-stop action from the start. Quit a few times this book had me gasping loudly or holding my breath. I may have even yelled at it once or twice because Devon threw in a curve ball I wasn't expecting but it was a perfect play on her part. Everything was planned out so well and tied in nicely to the overall plot of the story. With how this one ended, I'm anxiously awa...more
Trista Siegel
I loved this book!! This was so much better than the first but it doesn't feel right to say that because the first one great too. I loved all the twists, it was like a roller coaster of action! There were moments I wanted to write to Devon and ask "Why would you do that?" but things worked out so it wasn't necessary. I can't wait for Catacombs!

Full review here: http://tristasiegel.blogspot.com/2011...
Rebecca A. Rogers
Lots of twists in this one! Really hoping there will be more to Emily and Gaius. ;)
Kara-karina
3.5/5
I really wanted to like this book just as much as the first one, but it didn't work out for me. It was just all over the place.

This series is very original and fresh, but I feel like it needs more focus. The plot was going from one thing to another in a blink of an eye. There was no groundwork for certain actions and it was like I was missing some bits of info to give me a fuller picture of events.

I think, up until Noel and Abby's journey everything was going really well. The training and c...more
Steven Burke
I really enjoyed Devon's first book and I must say that this book had me guessing until half way through. The book overall was fantastic. I did struggle with how events that could have used more detail were glossed over. Also, it seemed like things were not completely explained. It was almost as if there was a rush to the end. Still, I enjoyed the characters old and new. She has a great method for developing her characters through subtle, and sometimes not so subtle dialog. I would recommend thi...more
Tia
This novel is the second installment in the Immortal Archives and I'm still confused as to why there is two heroines. Abby should of been the main one or Emily should have, not both. Also despite the fact that it's a good read, huge chunks are missing out and when we find out certain parts, we are like what the hell just happened? I can't say that I approve how it's written necessarily but it keeps us entertained.
Dia
Apr 15, 2012 Dia marked it as to-read
Isn't this the same cover as the 3rd Bloodlines book Revelations ????

O.o

except the eyes are "glowing" on this one...
Leah Ryan
This book cover is definetly on something else i've read... Weird.
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Deanna Whitten
Deanna Whitten marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Salli Singleton
Salli Singleton marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Rosemarie
Rosemarie marked it as to-read
a_tiffyfit
a_tiffyfit marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
  • Grounded (The Airborne Saga, #2)
  • Destined
  • Dark Seeker (Seeker, #1)
  • Things to Do in Denver When You're Un-Dead
  • Closer (A Discovery of Vampires, #2)
  • Shadowshifter
  • Legacy (Endlessly, #2)
  • The Apocalypse Gene
  • Defiance (Affliction, #3)
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • Touched (The Shadow Vampires, #2)
  • Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1)
  • The Keeper
  • Crimson Flames
  • Josephine Lost
  • Daughters of Artemis
  • In a Celandine World
  • Vision
I'm a mom, a wife, a lover and a fighter, a coffee addict, a total smartass, wicked knitster, a Microbiologist, a baker of fine yummy treats, and someone who will fight you to the death for that last Twinkie bag of M&Ms during the zombie-apocalypse. Seriously, my addiction is that important to me. Oh, and I say seriously way too much. Seriously…

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Devon-A......more
More about Devon Ashley...
Nearly Broken (Nearly, #1) Falling in Between (Falling, #1) Ordained (The Immortal Archives, #1) Waiting On My Reason Dust (Of Dust and Darkness, #1)

“Noel ducked to the lower cabinets – a percussion of pots and pans clanged into each other.

“Are you intentionally trying not to listen to me?”

His head popped above the counter. “I resent that. I’m a great listener. Just ask the TV.”

Emily rolled her eyes. “Alright. I had…”

Noel heard her swallow and he suddenly wanted to knock himself out with the frying pan.

“…relations…with a mortal, Tommy.”

He ducked again, this time from embarrassment. He groaned silently, wishing she’d turn and walk away before she said what he knew was coming.

“It wasn’t quite the same as it was when I was human. It didn’t—”

“Please you, yeah I got it,” he blurted. “Please, for the love of God, stop.”
7 likes