Start by marking “The Cornerstone: Classroom Management That Makes Teaching More Effective, Efficient, and Enjoyable” as Want to Read:

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Do you constantly repeat instructions? Are you fighting a never-ending paper battle? Strong classroom management is the cornerstone of effective teaching, and this book will help lay the foundation for everything you want to accomplish professionally:

-Designate a place for EVERY type of classroom material

-Turn needy, disorganized children into self-reliant, responsible stu
Published May 1st 2009 by Due Season Press (first published July 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Cornerstone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cornerstone

Ms.
The Cornerstone is perhaps the only book I would give to a student teacher. This book is about all the other parts of the job: everything from what to save from year to year to how to take a class to the drinking fountain. I wish I had read this before my first year. I plan to reread at least parts of it every summer.
Carrie
I mainly read this for the chapter on avoiding the paper trap as that has always been a struggle for me as a teacher. So many papers and so little time you know?! So, in my opinion, The Cornerstone has wonderful pictures, tips, and strategies for staying organized in this teacher world! I feel much more assured than these past 6 years, that I will be able to tame the paper trap that overtakes everything.

But I also loved that this book gave some interesting tips on things that I have felt I was
Carla
I am so far up to Part 3 in this handy Kindle edition, and as an early-ish teacher (five years), let me say I wish I had had this book as a set text when I was studying my teaching degree, and I wish I could have had its author as my first year mentor. At least this title, and its supporting website, runs a close second. Finally! Practical ideas and solutions for all the everyday issues that arise in the classroom!

I will write a full review when I finish reading, but my early impression of

The C
Tara
A really helpful book, especially for new teachers. She has advice for any potential problem you might encounter in the classroom, really specific strategies to reinforce positive behavior in students. She also has a lot of great tips on staying organized as a teacher, things you definitely won't learn in any teaching program. I can't wait to implement these ideas in my classroom.
Shanna
So many useful tips in this book! Angela Watson must be a great teacher because she has solutions for almost every typical classroom concern, and you can tell she genuinely cares about her students and loves her job. Written in a very down-to-earth tone, this book is like talking to a teacher friend. Honest, practical, and my favourite teaching book so far!
Myra
She's a little too rigid in her ways of managing her classroom. She also made a reference to "urban" schools which is really her code for black kids. Unfortunately, her comments are not rare; therefore, I was still able to take away some helpful ideas.
Lisa
This is an excellent book for new teachers! I have and will refer to it often!
Jennie
This is one of those books that's good to flip through before the year begins, just to remind you of the little things. It gives a little motivation.
Trista
This book has many great ideas for classroom management and teacher organization. Very helpful and affirming.
Wendy Lima
One of my favorite teaching books! Re-reading it before school starts.
Jessi
Love this book. It has so many great tips for any classroom.
Kelly
Good for primary grades. Great organization tips.
Dween18
Dween18 marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Jill Christiansen
Jill Christiansen marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Kirsten Osborne
Kirsten Osborne marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Judy Aukes
Judy Aukes is currently reading it
Sep 21, 2014
Rachel Alcantar
Rachel Alcantar marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Sarah is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2014
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Awakened: Change Your Mindset to Transform Your Teaching The Awakened Devotional Study Guide for Christian Educators