Start by marking “Organizing Magic: 40 Days to a Well-Ordered Home and Life” as Want to Read:
Organizing Magic: 40 Days to a Well-Ordered Home and Life

Organizing Magic: 40 Days to a Well-Ordered Home and Life

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  21 reviews
New from the Organizer Lady(TM) a doable plan for creating an organizational system that really works. Because an orderly home is never more than 40 days away!
Published July 1st 2006 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Organizing Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Organizing Magic

Donna
There are some useful tips and revelations, and I liked the nonjudgmental tone. Unfortunately it goes a little overboard on religious references and motivational happytalk. The author also encourages buying specialty products and hiring help, which is impractical for a lot of us.

The references to technology are dated and seem geared towards some specific types of professionals, even back when it was published (in 2006) I wouldn't have been dealing with junk faxes.
April
This was not what I anticipated it would be. It's more motivational where I was hoping for some practical tips (like the ones she mentions at the very end of the book). If one were to take this book literally and do the tasks each day for 40 days, I imagine they'd find the first few weeks redundant and the last few days overwhelming. (Like day 38 - "revamp your kids' rooms, garage, attic, basement, and home office") I doubt anyone reading a book on organization would have those rooms in well eno ...more
Kristen
So I was cruising the new nonfiction section at the library and, well ... my house is a hideous mess. I'm not much for motivational books in general, but this one's not bad - fairly intelligent, not condescending, and the basic message of, "If the mess in your house makes you unhappy, why put up with it?!" makes sense. I could live without the pink color scheme, and I'm not used to casual Biblical references (though there are also copious quotations from Twain, Thoreau, anonymous and tons of oth ...more
Andrea
Least favorite Felton of the 3 I have read. Some great ideas at the end for specific rooms, but a lot more in the "motivational" area than I wanted at this point. Now that I'm motivated, I want physical steps, not "wake up to an alarm clock and jump out of bed". So, maybe get it from the library to scan for additional ideas, but nothing earthshattering.
Desiree
Not bad; some good thoughts on why neat people are neat and what habits you can cultivate to stop being a "messy." However, too many scripture quotes (hello, not all of us are Christian!), and seems a bit like a big ad for her website and other books.
Incredible marketing, though-- what a gorgeous-looking, appealing book for a girly-girl like me :P
Angela
This is a helpful book if you've had problems with being organized or don't know where to start. Many of the suggestions are things I've always done. I think it would have been better with some pictures or diagrams interspersed with the text. If you already have a grasp of basic organizing techniques this book won't offer anything new. Very beginner info.
Katie
Again--her books are fabulous. This helps you put organizing steps into action. If you have even the slightest problem keeping your house in order, you must read one of her books! Even though the books are good, I am still behind in trying to apply the advice...:)
Mary
Oct 02, 2008 Mary rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who is interested in the basics of organizing
Recommended to Mary by: saw it in the library
This could be a very good book on organizing for someone who hasn't watched any of the TV programs devoted to reducing clutter and organizeing better.
It's thorough and yes, very well organized, but pretty much what you get from most books and how-to shows.
Kristin
This book seemed like it would be a great book, but when I read it, it was very dull and didn't seem to help me much. I think it really pertains to someone who is extemely disorganized and not someone who just wants some simple organized tips.
Katie Gamble
While full of helpful advice, nothing too earth shattering and most suggestions I found would be most useful to me cost too much to put into practice. However, easy to read and the one to two tips might be enough to make it worthwhile!
Heather
This wasn't really magical, as it claims to be (dang it!), but was rather 40 tips for living a more organized life. I think what we'd all rather see is something that would be more of a wave of the wand. Am I right, or am I right?
ROSALIE
I just started chapter 3. Already I have taken two quotes for my mantras. This book gets personal, but in a very sweet and understanding way and it is loaded with wisdom.
Sherry
Reading this in conjunction with LIVING ORGANIZED. It helps me want to change and is constructive and realistic. So far it has been helpful.
Cynthia
I haven't gotten very far into this book and already have to return it to the library! Frustrating.
AuntKathy
Jan 11, 2009 AuntKathy is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Getting some motivation, some ideas, but not into the meat of action yet.
Marcia
Beautiful book to read, so visually appealing and the content's great too
Gabriella
Actually it has many great Ideas, and great quotes as well.
Deana Young
Mar 02, 2011 Deana Young rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: disorganized people
GREAT book for Organizing Tips for disorganized people.
Sara
Some helpful tips but mostly things I already do.
Debbie D
got me slowly getting things in order.
Rhonda Stott
Rhonda Stott marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Linda
Linda is currently reading it
Feb 16, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Kelly
Kelly is currently reading it
Feb 09, 2015
Sally E. Meagher
Sally E. Meagher marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Susan Lichtfuss
Susan Lichtfuss marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Kelly Duggan
Kelly Duggan marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Living Organized: Proven Steps for a Clutter-Free and Beautiful Home The Messies Manual: The Procrastinator's Guide to Good Housekeeping Organizing Your Day: Time Management Techniques That Will Work for You Organizing for Life: Declutter Your Mind to Declutter Your World 5 Days to a Clutter-Free House: Quick, Easy Ways to Clear Up Your Space