Start by marking “El deseo del conde” as Want to Read:
El deseo del conde

El deseo del conde (Lost Lords #1)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  807 ratings  ·  70 reviews
¿Casarse por obligación?
El séptimo conde de Sachse acaba de hacerse con el título, pero ya sabe cuál es su deber: contraer matrimonio con una de las jóvenes casaderas que le presentan constantemente. Sin embargo, a él solo le interesa una mujer: la hermosa y distante Camilla, que inmediatamente se ofrece a encontrarle la esposa perfecta.

¿Casarse por amor?
Pero él está decid...more
Published July 2007 by Grupo Planeta, Esencia (first published March 29th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about El deseo del conde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El deseo del conde

Beanbag Love
This was a good historical romance. Heath really has the chops in that area. I love her stories and this made four star plus a little.

However, it wasn't as good as the Scoundrels of St. James books. To me, anyway. Those are really amazing. This is good. Very good.

My problem was a mercenary heroine. She had good reasons, and thanks to Heath's attention to organics and logic, the hero knew her reasons in plenty of time for their love to make sense. So often I'm supposed to expect that the hero wi...more
willaful
Although this is the first in the "Lost Lords" series, it is also a direct sequel to Love With a Scandalous Lord, which is third in the "Daughters of Fortune" series. Confusing! But many of Heath's books are connected in some way. Anyway, after reading that book, I was very curious about how Heath would turn the secondary characters into hero and heroine: Archie came across as so mild-mannered as to be a bit of a doof and Camilla is not only cold and selfish but does some quite morally repuganan...more
Virginia
I am so pleased! Looks like Heath is becoming an author I enjoy reading! (It looks as if I may have to break down and check out her Texas Rogues series (even though I am not a fan of American romances).) Archibald Warner, the current Earl of Sasche (pronounced Saxee if you can believe it) is so romantic and just the right balance of dangerous and kind. Countess Camilla Warner (the previous earl's widow) is just the right balance of heart and iciness. I loved seeing their relationship unfold and...more
Lori McD
Quite a book... The Hero and Heroine each have their unique flaws. And I identified with the Heroine, Camilla, in ways I'd never have imagined before.

Camilla has to keep tight control over herself and her environment -- the perfect hostess, the perfect widow, the perfect everything. Because if she lets her guard down, she fears the ton will learn her secrets.

Arch was a schoolteacher before finding himself the 7th Earl. He'd never even met the 6th Earl, an old man who, by all accounts, was a mon...more
Hael Villareal
Once again, Lorraine Heath did it.

Seriously this one tops my list. I guess it's better if you would read the love with the scandalous lord because you'll understand Camilla's personality more. I find her quite villainous in Love with the Scandalous Lord but in the end I found out that she was a victim and what had become of her is the effect of her past.

In this book it tells how the story goes between Archie and Camilla after the LwtSL and how they fell in love with each other.

I really like th...more
Julie
Apr 02, 2012 Julie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical/Victorian Romance
Camilla, Countess of Sachse, is widowed and can only cry with relief at the death of her viciously brutal, aged husband. She will now endeavor to school the new Earl in the ways of the aristocracy and aide her husband's heir and distant cousin in his efforts to find a wife, even if it is not something he desires. Her confidence and grace, not to mention popularity with the Marlboro Set, will go far in helping the new Earl to live up to his noble responsibilities while setting her free to search...more
Karyn Gerrard
QUICK TAKE:

Another very fine read from Lorraine Heath. Instead of the hero having inner scars and a tortured past, this time it is the heroine. Lady Camilla, widow of the old earl, has taken Archibald Warner under her wing and is teaching him the ins and outs of the ton and being an earl. Archie is a school master and a wonderful hero. He is open, honest, honorable and sexy as all get out. He hides nothing. And coaxing Camilla out from behind her frosty defenses is an arduous task. Getting her t...more
Maura
I was skeptical at first, since Camilla is a manipulative and merciless villainess who schemes to take advantage of Rhys Rhodes' love for his heroine in Love with a Scandalous Lord. I wondered if the author would address her actions or have her show remorse or something. Well - this basically pretends that her actions had little or no bearing on anybody in the previous book. In fact, she seems like a completely different person in this one. So I loved it!

Arch was the best hero ever! So patient...more
Mahareni Maldini
2,5 ajah, coz bacanya loncat-loncat.

- Begitu buka bab I, langsung kaget coz gak ada pengenalan karakter ato latar belakang, dua tokoh utamanya langsung saling kenal and bercakap-cakap akhrab. Ternyata Archie and Camilla sebelumnya udah diperkenalkan di buku Love With A Scandalous Lord (Daughters Of Fortune, #3). Dan buku model njujug gini selalu sukses bikin aku ilpil.
*gak bisa disalahin bukunya, salahkan penerbitnya yg gak urut ngeluarin bukunya*

- Aku gak suka Camilla. Dunno why. Mungkin karena...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
Archie Warner, the new Earl of Sachse is a wonderful hero. I had a bit of trouble with Camilla, Lady Sachse’s character though, but I did come to warm to her as the book went on.

Camilla was unhappily married to the cruel, old Earl and has taken on the task of training the new Earl in the ways of the ton. Archie has inherited from a distant cousin and was not expecting this new role and was quite happy being a school teacher in the country, he has difficulty coming to terms with his new status. C...more
Kathie (katmom)
As an Earl Desires has a quiet, sweet man as our hero. He was a school teacher and never thought that he'd step into the ton as an Earl. It's a good thing that the old Earl's widow (he was a total monster) is helping him to find his way. She is an ice princess and as he discovers her real self, the walls start to melt.

Even though Camilla is drawn to his tenderness, she knows that she cannot step into his life permanently as she is barren and he needs an heir. She works hard to find him a wife, o...more
Toni
This is a lovely book. The characters of Arch and Camilla are well-drawn and likable; each is an individual strong in beliefs and morality, yet forced by Fate into an arrangement which, though enjoyable in the moment, neither would never have entered if they could have prevented it. Their love, and their recognizing the useless of it all and the inevitability of what is going to happen, adds a tinge of impending disaster to the entire story. The discovery of the letter and what it means to every...more
Yulia Anggraini
Karna baca seri in berurutan dr seri daughter of fortune alhasil fil x dpt bangeeet...camilla yg dceritax rhys dingin n penuh rahasia,stu2 persatu rahasiax terungkap n perubahan sikapx brasa...
camilla yg kesan dluarx pintar n dngin padahal dy menyimpan ketakutan klo ad yg tw dy sebenarx bodoh...camilla malu klo smp archie yg seorang guru tw betapa bodohx dy...

aq pikir salah satu rahasia itu adlah ttg camilla yg pernah mengintip rhys saat melayani para lady tp ternyata tidak pernah dbahas...

suka...more
Manuela
Fanny Roswita Ria
Satu kalimat "menyesal membeli buku ini"

Argghhh,,bete banget dg cerita yg ini. Kenapa harus diterbitkan coba?bener2 sukses bikin gw baca cmn awal2nya doang,trs tengah2 dan ending cerita. Ga worth it banget deh, even pun dibeli dg diskon 50% dari dastan.

Awal cerita aja lsg disajikan dlm btk prolog antara hero&heroine. Ga ada mengenai pengenalan akan tokoh2nya yg jd bikin gw ngubek2 goodreads utk lihat sapa tahu ada series yg berkaitan dg kedua tokoh ini.

Kedua, gw ga suka sama heroine yg ga p...more
Robin
Archibald Warner, the seventh Earl of Sachse, may have recently gained his title, but he knows his duty is to marry and produce an heir. The problem is, he is only interested in Camilla, the late Earl's young wife. Camilla is helping him learn his way around the titled gentry and trying to help him find a wife. Archie is determined to break through Camilla's secrets and make her his bride.

This book started out with the hero already in love with the heroine, but he doesn't know how to win her ove...more
Kate*
I really liked this book. It had a different story line. Any book with dialogue that makes me laugh out loud is easily a 4 star book, but add that with steamy lovemaking scenes and it's 5 stars!

The hero is an intellectual commoner thrust into earl hood and the heroine an ice queen, but secretly a giving do-gooder. Those aren't the only secrets she holds, she even holds one she is unaware of herself until Archie gifts her a wonderful thing, allowing her to reveal the shocking and life changing fa...more
Lorraine Lesar
Archibald was a teacher but due to certain deaths of remote family members, he becomes a Earl. Camila, the former wife of the previous earl, helps him to adjust to his new role. To her, position and her title are everything. To him, she is everything he wants.

See what happens when they succumb to their passion!

I like Lorraine Heath's books - archibald is very likeable and Camilla strong but vunerable. The pair are very good together and of course, being a romance, it has a happy ending. Enjoy.

Amarilli Settantatre
da www.sognipensieriparole.com

Ecco un romance che si discosta dal classico sviluppo della poveraccia che sposa il ricco lord, perché qui è Arch, giovane insegnante di campagna e non abituato alla vita della nobiltà, che si ritrova a ereditare il titolo di conte da un lontano parente morto senza eredi, mentre, a Al contrario, è il personaggio femminile, Camilla, la vedova del conte defunto, che è ben introdotta in società e che si incarica di istruire opportunamente il nuovo gentiluomo.
La storia...more
Lady Wesley
The new Earl of Sachse finds himself falling in love with the widow of the old earl (his distant cousin). But Camilla is determined to marry a wealthy duke, and besides, she is barren and the new earl needs to marry a woman who can give him an heir.

That's about the entire story right there, and it's pleasant but forgettable; except, there's an interesting development near the end where something happens to the hero that I've never seen in a historical romance before.
Scottsdale Public Library
Archie, a school teacher recently turned Earl of Sachse, knows his new duty is to marry and quickly produce an heir and a spare, but the only woman to catch his eye is Camilla, the former Earl of Sachse's widow. Camilla is too busy battling the demons of her past to even give their love a try, though. Will true love be able to conquer all?

A must read for historical romance fans!

-Lindsey D.-
Megan Lavey-Heaton
I didn't intend to stay up all night reading this book, but I did. It was a great read with a wonderful hero and heroine. It's also an intriguing look into the changing penal system in Great Britain during the 1800s and how people were trying to make it better, but there was a lot of negative aspects as well. I also enjoyed seeing the hero of one of Heath's later books as a little boy in here.
❀ ℓu-ℓu-ℓuna ❀
Hot earl, hot lady, hot story...need I say more? Yes! Because this story is intriguing for the lead character is someone who was already introduced in Love With a Scandalous Lord, as the woman you would love to hate, flay alive and let be soaked in vinegar. Still you love her as a new woman, due to the man who freed her from a terrible past, who made her believe in love and second chances...
Christina
This is the first book of hers that I've read. I appreciate the stories that give the characters depth with very little ongoing drama. I also found it refreshing to have a hero that isn't tormented or arrogant or a rake as most heroes in novels usually are. She has a sordid past, he's a woman's dream of what a mans love should be. Plain and simple. Enjoyed it immensely.
Marie
Bintang 2
Lost Lords #1.

Kasihan sekali Archi yg harus kehilangan gelar dan posisinya sebagai Earl karena ada ahli waris yg lebih berhak daripada dirinya. Jarang ada Gentleman yg seperti Archi yg mau melepas dan mengembalikan posisi dan gelar yg telah diberikan kepadanya, apalagi ahli waris sah yg seharusnya menduduki posisinya itu sudah lama dianggap mati dan hanya dirinya dan wanita yg dicintainya yg mengetahui rahasia kalau sang ahli waris masih hidup. Dan salut juga buat Camilla, seorang wanit...more
Frezanda
I would like to give this a five instead of four because I love both characters. I feel that the story can be deeper may be more on Camilla's past or something. Besides that, there were some emotion laden sentences that were repeated again and again. Overall, it's an excellent story.
moi
ABSOLUTELYYYYYYYYY FANTASTIC READ!!!! Just loved every aspect about it. More so The hero... Archibald Warner!!! he is the BEST beta hero I have ever read ..... will review the book later.. can't stop myself from day dreaming about archiieee
Awatef Ahmittach
Se convirtió en un de mis libros favoritos de romance. Me enamoró. Es uno de los pocos libros que diría que me podría volver a leer. Me encantó la sensualidad de la la protagonista y la sensibilidad del conde. ¡Ay Lorraine Heath!
Vicki
When I first started this book, I didn't think I would like it. Somehow it ended up being a book I couldn't put down.... I loved the chemistry between Archie and Camilla.
Clare
What an utterly boring, predictable book. Made worse by the fact that I felt the heroine was TSTL and too shallow. The hero was alright but hardly central to the story.
  • What an Earl Wants
  • The Stolen Bride
  • Never Trust a Scoundrel (Sons of Scandal, #1)
  • One Wicked Sin (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #2)
  • With Seduction in Mind (Girl Bachelors, #4)
  • Tainted By Temptation
  • Till Next We Meet
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • Once Upon a Wedding Night (The Derrings, #1)
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
  • In My Heart (Donally Family, #1)
  • Desperately Seeking a Duke (Heiress Brides, #1)
  • To Tempt a Scotsman (Huntington, #1)
  • McAlistair's Fortune  (Providence, #3)
  • The Book of Scandal (The Scandalous Series, #1)
  • Lessons From a Scarlet Lady (Northfield, #1)
  • The Prince's Bride (Effingtons, #4)
  • Never A Lady (Regency #4)
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor® durin...more
More about Lorraine Heath...
In Bed with the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #1) Waking Up With the Duke (London's Greatest Lovers, #3) Between the Devil and Desire (Scoundrels of St. James, #2) Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers, #1) Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1)