Start by marking “River Dream (River Dream #1)” as Want to Read:
River Dream (River Dream #1)

River Dream (River Dream #1)

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Rhiannon has a rule against dating her best friend, Michael. Is it a rule meant to be broken, or a rule that will break her heart?

Rhiannon and sailing are Mike's two greatest loves. Sailing's the one thing he can always count on. Rhiannon's the one he can count on to keep him confused.

As high school begins, the new girl in town sets her sites on Mike. What will Rhiannon's
ebook
Published March 2011

To ask other readers questions about River Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about River Dream

Brenda Perlin
River Dream is such a sweet coming-of-age story. I loved loved loved the characters. I appreciate a story that pulls you in and this story did just that. The heartfelt journey of this young man touched me and I wanted more.

The writing seemed effortless as the words flew from the page. There is something special in this authors voice. He has a gift to tell a story that had me glued to the pages. I became a part of the story and wanted these likable characters to have a happy ending.
There is just
April K
I read River Dream after reading the two books in Davis' Buzby Beach series, I knew to expect a great story and plot line, but was blown away at the tough subject lines that this book touched on.

Reading Michael go through the same things that every other teenager goes through (although maybe different variations of), was emotional, humorus and reminded me of my time in high school and all the "love" that I fell in and out of. The story between Mike and Rhiannon was beautiful, and really tugged a
S.A. Molteni
"River Dream" by DW Davis is a very sweet story of first love and the complications that undoubtedly go with it.

The story is set in the 1970's, a time that is much simpler and easier than today. The descriptions of this time period are spot on and bring the reader back in time to memories of that era.

It begins with Rhiannon and Mike in their teenage years as best friends since grade school. Mike is in love with Rhiannon, but she is not interested. They are best friends and according to her, cann
Ed Drury
The friend zone. Not an enviable place to be when your best friend is most likely the love of your life. But just when you start to accept the situation and move on they begin to realize what you have known all along. A book about timing in the best times of your life. A book about summer vacations, high school proms, and trying out your wings of love through all kinds of weather. Love lost, love forbidden, and just plain old love itself. This book will take you back to the excitement, the fear, ...more
Randy Tramp
The Book:
High school student, Mike loves Rhiannon but she doesn’t reciprocate.

My Thoughts:
I took a travel down memory lane back to the hallways of Crofton High School via River Dream. I would have loved to have Mike Lanier in my grade and as a friend. The guy was a true and loyal person. One that I’d like to think are still out there. One that I remember by the name of Delwin, a 1978 class mate.

The book was full of relational scenes, ones that I enjoyed. Rhiannon was an interesting character. I
Jennifer Loiske
Mike and Rhiannon has been best friends like forever. Mike is certain they are meant for each other but Rhiannon is not so sure. She loves him, sure, but not just the same way as he loves her. But sometimes being patient is better than rushing into things, and if Mike has something, it’s patience. He knows what he wants, and even if it seems impossible to have it, he does not stop loving Rhiannon.

River Dream is a beautiful story about first love and growing up. It’s warm and vividly written and
Sue Jochens
Rhiannon and Mike are best friends since tricycle days, only by age 13, Mike's sure he's in love......forever. Rhiannon says best friends are best friends....period. This sweet and thoughtful tale - from Mike's point of view - follows the pair and their friends from age 13 thru 18, along with all the trials, tribulations, and angst of all teens everywhere. The story, while a young adult novel, read quite well to this social security aged mom, and I never felt that I was reading a YA book. My onl ...more
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Kim Vobis
Kim Vobis marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Lauren
Lauren added it
Oct 10, 2013
D.W. Davis
Jan 31, 2012 D.W. Davis rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kati
Kati marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2011
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
May 21, 2011
D.W. Davis
Mar 26, 2011 D.W. Davis rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)

River Dream (3 books)
  • Dreams Change (River Dream #2)
  • Dreams Adrift (River Dream)
The Boy from Buzby Beach Dreams Adrift (River Dream) Dreams Change (River Dream #2)