Start by marking “Lazos del destino” as Want to Read:
Lazos del destino

Lazos del destino

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  617 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Anna Sharp se expuso a que le rompiera el corazón un hombre que le dijo abiertamente que nunca sería más que una amante para él. No obstante, cuando Saxon Malone se enteró de que había dejado embarazada a Anna, empezó a verse como padre... y a desear a Anna más de lo que jamás hubiera creído posible
Published June 30th 2009 by Harlequin Ibérica (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Lazos del destino, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lazos del destino

Saly
It's a short novella but works well. The heroine becomes the hero's mistress because she loves him and knows it is the only way he will let her close. For two years they are together , the bed the only place where they can let go, where she can show her love for him . The hero comes across as cold at the start but he is really not he just doesn't know how to show emotion since he was hurt (tossed in the trash as a baby and then beaten around till he was 10) and his walls are really high. The tho ...more
Booklover
Loved it!Adored Saxon-Anna,these two are lonely people people have never got love-being rejected in childhood by parents(Saxon in most cruel way)still these two grow up,become independent and the fate brings them face to face and from there on their journey towards HEA starts.Though it started out with attraction and lust but as time passes by it soon blossoms into love,Anna acknowledges her love for him easily but Saxon has built barriers which Anna has to pass through.

Enjoyed this book very mu
Kathleen
One of Linda Howard's older novelettes, published in 1995. After torrid sex, boss makes secretary choose: Either be my mistress or be my secretary. She has loved him in silence for a year, so decides on the former. All is well until baby makes an appearance.

What a tearjerker. I cried like a baby myself, but in a good way. Abandoned as an infant, Saxon Malone reminded me of Sooner/ Chance, a homeless, wary adolescent the MacKenzie's adopted in A Game Of Chance. This book is also published in the
Mo
Apr 21, 2013 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Written 20 years ago but still stands the test of time. I have loved all the books I have read by Linda Howard. This one was short so maybe that is why it did not make 4 stars/ Love catching up on her older books.
Delta
May 11, 2016 Delta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemp romance readers
The Way Home is a poignant love story that should be read with tissues at hand. Anna, the loving mistress of a wealthy and aloof executive, finds out why he holds others at arms' length. She then acts to tear down those walls. An unplanned pregnancy violates their established agreement and becomes the catalyst that will bring Anna and Saxon together or separate them forever.

The character development and plot of this short novella are superbly executed by Linda Howard. Of course.

First read Sept.
Jenny
Like another reviewer said this book reminds me of Fifty Shades only it's so much better. Poor hero is so tortured! He was abused as a child he had a crappy childhood and all he needs is true unrequited love. Heroine's love healed him and saved him and melted my heart. I adored Saxon and Anna! Epilogue was super cute! Wish this book was longer :(
Holly
Not my favorite Howard novella, but a good read nonetheless. All the cards seem stacked in the hero's favor until it comes out that he's head-over-heels for the heroine. Then they're on more even footing. The end makes me kind of teary every time.
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
I love Linda Howard so much!!!

description
Paige  *an exploding fluffball* Bookdragon
This is the only non-romantic-suspense book of Linda Howard that I liked. The Way Home is a story where you should have a pack of Kleenex ready in hand or a pillow. I usually find pillows to be a good scream absorber.

So we have all the classic Linda Howard factors that makes me love her works minus the killer. No psycho here folks. Just pure love story and happily ever after.

If you're a die hard fan of those things or maybe if you just want some simple love story with no stupidity, no infidelity
Nishtha
This is the first book I read by Linda Howard which is short and so happening. Its like one of those Harlequin novels I pick up only when I am feeling down.

Well, to be honest, I didn't expect it to end so soon. Hero ( Saxon ) has a tortured past because of which he is unyielding and quite reserved. Heroine ( Anna Sharp ) on the other hand is completely in love with Saxon Malone. Anna receives an indecent proposal from Saxon and she says yes. After two years, Anna has a secret to tell, she knows
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 04, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caminho Ao Lar
Linda Howard

Está estória me pegou desprevenida, no fim do livro chorei como uma idiota, foi extremamente emocionante.

No Prólogo, fiquei com muita raiva da frieza de Saxon e achei Anna por demais de submissa. Mas ao me aprofundar na leitura, compreendi tudo, todos os porquês, e achei a estória muito linda e emocionante.

Entendi que é muito difícil para uma pessoa que passou a maior parte da vida sendo rejeitada e por isso não foi amada. Tente se proteger de qualquer sofrimento. E n
Ritsky
Short and sweet. And because it's short, it's perfect!
I started reading thinking it would be misunderstanding trope, but glad I was wrong. It's a story after the misunderstanding, how two people learn to come to terms with their love and make the best out of it. Both the hero and heroine is lovable.
Tina
At first glance, I found myself being disgusted with the pathetic heroine because she did truly come across as a gigantic man-hungry doormat. However, the hero is just as or even more besotted with the heroine than she is with him, so the story worked.

All in all, not a bad short story.
Mareli
Jan 05, 2012 Mareli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very emotional read. Too short for me. I'd like to read more about Saxon Malone. Linda Howard is soooooo good!
Zai
Jan 17, 2015 Zai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
They say that if a book made you cry, it must be "something". Well, this book is more than just something. It was a magnificent, heart-touching story of love and how its power can change and heal people. It was a short read but when I'm finally through with the last page, I just felt like I have just experienced living yet another life.

At first, I really didn't find this book appealing. I had my inhibitions: a man who would offer a woman to be his mistress holds no appeal to me, much more is a w
Trang
Oct 29, 2014 Trang rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 deserved stars!

Oh my, this book is the same as Fifty Shades. Really, I had the thought as soon as I started reading it. And as I finished it, my thought is confirmed. Though they have the same base, The Way Home is a shorter, less complicated, more reasonable and...way better than Fifty Shades. And it's saying a lot about this book since I'm a solid fan of Fifty.

It's very sweet, emotional and I just love it!
Diah Didi
Jul 27, 2011 Diah Didi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who loved Sarah's Child
A very short one, I must say. Too short, for I would love to have more and more a glimpse of Saxon. :D
Even though it's very short, I really loved the chemistry, the 'arrangement', the relationship, and the story itself. Maybe Anna was being stupid for falling in love that deep to a man like Saxon. But who can't blame her?
Somehow both the story and the characters reminded me to Sarah's Child. And I loved it. And I loved Saxon as much as I loved Rome. And I loved both Anna and Sarah for being so
Maria Park
I think the plot has a lot of similarities with a popular trilogy that is going to be on cinemas next february!
Pria
very sweet read ..could have been four stars if it was little longer. love Linda Howard's writing
Caitlings
Have been on a huge Linda Howard kick recently and this was a fun short read for a plane trip.
Jasha Gutierrez
Seriously amazing book. Linda Howard is the best.
Pauline Doyle
Short but sweet
Lady
Aug 03, 2008 Lady rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: linda-howard
I loved this story, the hero is so tormented and tortured it trully breaks your heart.

I read this one a while back and I never forget it, it's a short story about a self made man who has suffered a lot. I don't wanna give the plot away but it surely is a must read. I can safely say that it is one of the best stories I've ever read and keep your hanky ready cause it'll make you cry so much!

The heroine becomes his mistress and she is a strong heroine you'll enjoy her.
Ayu Wirdha
Oct 19, 2013 Ayu Wirdha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Singkat, padat tp kena di hati.

Sekretaris (1 thn) --> mistress (2 thn) --> got pregnant. Dr awal Anna sdh cinta mati ke Saxon, walau Saxon tdk pernah menjanjikan apa2 ke Anna, cuman ngakuin sbg mistress. Karena pregnant semua berubah, Anna dgn tegarnya bilang akan membesarkan anak sendiri & tdk mengharapkan apa2 dr Saxon.

Endingnya menyentuh bgt, dgn hadirnya ibu angkat Saxon.

Mother's day : twelfth of may
Hadnet
Sep 15, 2012 Hadnet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Linda Howard but I didn't like this book very much. the start was good (n I think that raised my expectation). however, it goes downhill from there. the hero seemed a bit (for luck of a better word) too touchy feely and weak to me. I've learned to expect strong and hard heros from Linda and was deeply disappointed.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
A hunky, green-eyed tortured hero. An attractive trying to make the most out of loving a man who doesn't know how to receive (forget give!) love. It was a little "hokey" as one reviewer put it, but it is what it is: a romance.
Karen
Jun 24, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorites to reread. A touching story about a man who went from the foster care system to a successful businessman, a man with no heart until he found it with Anne, the woman who saved him.
Lupita Figueroa BookLoverRomantic
Beautiful, but it is always the same story. The novel has a beautiful couple. He is lovely. Sometimes the story is boring. And don't have explicit sexual scenes. Much passion, but poor description.
  • Reckless Night In Rio
  • Substitute Wife
  • The Fourth Child (Family Matters #3)
  • One Fine Day (Molly, #2)
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • Taken: The Spaniard's Virgin (Mediterranean Brides, #2)
  • What Mattered Most
  • Loveplay (Silhouette Desire #289)
  • Bought for Marriage
  • Marriage: For Business or Pleasure? (Harlequin Presents, #2898)
  • The Sicilian's Mistress
  • The Sicilian's Unexpected Duty (Irresistible Sicilians, #2)
  • Secret Admirer
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • Dishonourable Proposal
  • Fall from Grace
  • A Devil In Disguise
  • The Sultan's Choice

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...