Start by marking “Lanterns and Lace (Texas Legacy #2)” as Want to Read:
Lanterns and Lace (Texas Legacy #2)

Lanterns and Lace (Texas Legacy #2)

Jenny Stevens is headed for Kahlerville, Texas, determined to wrench her two-year-old niece, Rebecca, from her adoptive father. As she steps off the train, Jenny encounters the mysterious Robert Turner and the seemingly dedicated physician Grant Andrews. Is Jenny's life as well as her heart in peril? Grant Andrews is resolute in his desire to keep Rebecca in his care, yet ...more
Published September 1st 2006 by Barbour Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lanterns and Lace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lanterns and Lace

Melissa
Aug 13, 2008 Melissa rated it it was amazing
When My friend loaned me this book I was kinda like ok ANOTHER western thanks but uh......... it wasn't till I started reading it that I realised how WRONG I was!! It did stay in the general direction that westerns go but DiAnn Mills was able to add twists and turns that kept me interested and I couldn't put it down, I can't wait to read her other books! a big thank you to my friend who recemended it to me!
Tamara Tilley
Apr 26, 2011 Tamara Tilley rated it really liked it
Shelves: diann-mills, own
LANTERNS AND LACE picks up several years after LEATHER AND LACE and centers around Grant Andrews, brother of Morgan Andrews. After getting his medical degree, Grant settles back home in Kahlerville and becomes the town doctor. His life turns out a little different than he had planned when he promises a prostitute, who is not going to make it through childbirth, that he will adopt her little girl. Everything is fine until the woman’s sister comes to town determined to take the child back to Cleve ...more
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Jul 09, 2011 Miss Pippi the Librarian rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith-fiction
Mills continues the story of the Andrews family. Outlaw Casey and Morgan are well as is sister Bonnie and brother-in-law Ben. Grant has grown-up and returned to Kahlerville to be the town doctor. He also adopted Rebecca. Enter Rebecca's aunt from Cleveland - Jenny Martin. She is determined to take back Rebecca to live with her parents. Rebecca is the only connection left from her sister, Jessica. Grant doesn't want a fight, but doesn't want to give up his daughter either. Unbeknown to Grant or J ...more
Dianne
Oct 28, 2012 Dianne rated it really liked it
I just found this book at ebook since I read the previous book leather and lace... was happy to read another chapter in the Andrews family of Texas. I must say I cheated also in that I went and read the last 2to3 chapters after I read about 11 chapters.... but reading it straight through was good..but I do that with some books read the end long before finishing..
the story line of a sister wanting to know the final life moments about her sister's life and niece in a small town in Texas.. she catc
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
An incredibly sweet story of how God can redeem the life we would consider the most irredeemable as well as the life that feels the least need to be redeemed. He redeems the seemingly impossible and brings love in the place of animosity. Beautifully written without being preachy, very natural, great suspense, great characters. (One note - the summary here on Goodreads is a bit off. See Amazon for a more accurate plot description.)
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I liked Grant in Leather and Lace and I was so relieved to find that this story was about him. I didn't think I would like this one as well as I did the first one. I was pleasantly surprised. I liked this book and the characters presented. I was surprised by the time lapse between the first and second novel, but found that it didn't matter.
May 12, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: mills-diann
Angela Grady
Aug 12, 2013 Angela Grady rated it really liked it
found this book in my church library. from the very first page I was hooked. I love the compassion this book has and the way it reminds us that everyone needs love even when no one else will give it. The ending is predictable but who doesn't love a happy ending? Great western love story.
Sandy Duke
Jun 04, 2014 Sandy Duke rated it really liked it
The continuing story of the Andrews brothers. This book is thoroughly Christian. Not in that it quotes a lot of scripture, but in that the naturally flawed characters show Christ's love by loving others who may be labeled as unloveable.
Jessica
Mar 23, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Oops I wasn't sure which book in the trilogy was first and so I started it with this book...well then .-.
Lauren Bassford
May 04, 2013 Lauren Bassford rated it it was amazing
Great clean read, just enough suspense to keep it interesting. Highly recommend!
Leah
May 05, 2013 Leah rated it it was amazing
Thought it was going to be really cheesy, and it did have its moments, but was also suspenseful. The mystery of who Turner was and what he was after made me not want to put the book down.
Tina
Jun 29, 2012 Tina rated it it was amazing
Another great Prairie story.
Miriam
May 24, 2015 Miriam rated it liked it
It was an ok book. A bit of a slow story line but better in the 2nd half.
Mackenzie
Nov 07, 2010 Mackenzie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: related-books
Book 2 of 3
Betty Ryan
Sep 20, 2009 Betty Ryan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leather-and-lace
How important family 's are.
Kaydee H
Kaydee H rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Deanne Replogle
Deanne Replogle rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Maritza
Maritza rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
May 28, 2013
Tanya
Tanya rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Kara
Kara rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2014
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2008
Tammy
Tammy rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Darlene
Darlene rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Sue Brandt
Sue Brandt rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2017
Sarah Eckels
Sarah Eckels rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Abby Klein
Abby Klein rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2014
Evelyn
Evelyn rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 27, 2014 03:35PM
  • Love's Rescue (The Sierra Chronicles #1)
  • Calico Canyon (Lassoed in Texas, #2)
  • The Bounty Hunter's Bride
  • Claim: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy, #3)
  • McKenzie (Montana Skies #1)
  • California Chances: Three Brothers Play the Role of Protector as Romance Develops (California Chances #1-3)
  • Sarah My Beloved (Little Hickman Creek #2)
  • The Heart of Thornton Creek (Queensland Chronicles #1)
  • Beautiful Bandit (Lone Star Legends, #1)
  • Prairie Courtship
  • But For Grace
  • A Love For Keeps
  • A Lady in Defiance (Romance in the Rockies #1)
  • Christmas Roses
  • Kansas Home: Hearts Adrift Find a Place to Dwell in Four Romantic Stories
  • A Stitch in Time: Basket Stitch/Double Cross/Spider Web Rose/Double Running
DiAnn Mills is a bestselling author who believes her readers should expect an adventure. She combines unforgettable characters with unpredictable plots to create action-packed, suspense-filled novels.

Her titles have appeared on the CBA and ECPA bestseller lists; won two Christy Awards; and been finalists for the RITA, Daphne Du Maurier, Inspirational Readers’ Choice, and Carol award contests. Libr
More about DiAnn Mills...

Texas Legacy (4 books)
  • Leather and Lace (Texas Legacy #1)
  • Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)
  • A Texas Legacy Christmas (Texas Legacy #4)

“God loves us as we are, but He also loves. ... God doesn't care what roads we've traveled, only that our roads turn to Him.” 7 likes
“Tears can be good. They can cleanse us form our misery.” 6 likes