Start by marking “Lovers and Ladies (Lovers and Ladies, #5&6)” as Want to Read:
Lovers and Ladies (Lovers and Ladies, #5&6)

Lovers and Ladies (Lovers and Ladies #5-6)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  13 reviews
In these two delectable novels, someone craves to be married and loses sight of the joys of true love—until their heart is opened unexpectedly...

The Fortune Hunter : A stunning beauty rejects the charming suitor who isn't wealthy enough to save her impoverished family. But she can't so easily dismiss the memory of their sweet shared kiss.

Deirdre and Don Juan : The dash
Published April 1st 2008 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Lovers and Ladies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovers and Ladies

Ana T.

Now for the first time in a single volume: two long unavailable yet beloved romance classics from a New York Times bestselling favorite.

In these two delectable novels, someone craves to be married and loses sight of the joys of true love-until their heart is opened unexpectedly...

The Fortune Hunter-A stunning beauty rejects the charming suitor who isn't wealthy enough to save her impoverished family. But she can't so easily dismiss the memory of their sweet shared kiss.

Deirdre and Don Juan-Th
penelopewanders
Lovers and Ladies
This is actually two separate novels - The Fortune Hunter is the first, and in this case it is not some down at the heel rogue seeking to marry a heiress, but rather the heroine seeking a fortune. She has decided the only way to help her family is to look very high, or perhaps deep, to find someone - no matter the social circle- be it in trade or the aristocracy- wealthy enough to get her family back on their feet and allow her sisters to marry for love.
Her strong antipathy to H
Lynne Tull
Two books in one! Such a deal. I liked both of them. They were the end of a series of related books by Ms. Beverley. Not only did we get the stories of these two characters in this set, but we were brought up to date in the stories of the H/H's of the other books.

'The Fortune Hunter' told the story of one poor, but beautiful heroine and her quest to find a rich hero to pull her and her family out of the fire. The hero was handsome, but not particularly rich-the number one priority of the heroin
The Eleventh Hour
This is not really a review, just my scattered thoughts on finishing the book.

So, I'm not a huge fan of Jo Beverley's heroines. Almost all of them tend to be very...shrill. They think they know best, which is cool, but they often form their opinions on nothing but misguided spite, malice and stupidity, which makes it hard for me to root for them. So it goes with the heroines of this book, a double book comprised of two of Jo Bev's traditional regency stories, I'm left wondering: why would *anyo
Nel-ly
S Jo Beverley mám společné minimálně dvě věci: obě milujeme knížky a především pak Jane Austenovou, jíž autorka touto knihou vzdává hold. Kniha obsahuje dvě novely, kdy se postupně seznamujeme s postavami, které nás provádějí svým osudem - a nebyla by to pocta autorce jedněch z největších romantických příběhů, kdyby nešlo především o lásku.
Gloria
This was a combined edition of to f the authors previous works. I had a little trouble getting into the first story, and I found that heroine a bit tedious, found myself thinking that the hero might be better off with out her.

I liked the second story better, I really enjoyed the supporting characters as well. Both mothers were delightful. It had a sweet plot.
Cary
2 nice stories made better by the connections of people from previous stories making the world seem real and full of people. I appreciated the cleanliness of this book very much.
Ilze
2 nice "traditional Regency" stories. The way the hero fell in love with the heroine in the second story didn't quite work for me, however - it never seemed believable.
Trina
Two books in one. The Fortune Hunter was better than Deidre and Don Juan but they were both pretty clean, historical romance novels.
Mary Kay
This is a re-print of two of Jo Beverley's first Regency romances & they're pretty good.
Eliška
Za první povídku jsou 3 hvězdičky, za tu druhou, která se mi líbila o trošku víc 3,5 :)
Gail
Nice pair of stories. I enjoyed reading them.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon received
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Don
Don added it
Mar 14, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Carole Dulong
Carole Dulong marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Joe (JP) Foley
Joe (JP) Foley marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
  • Now a Bride (Mistress Trilogy #2.5)
  • Mischief and Mistletoe
  • The Music of the Night (Night, #2)
  • Wild Heather (English Ivy, #2)
  • From Across the Ancient Waters (The Green Hills of Snowdonia, #1)
  • To Burn
  • Border Bride (Border, #2)
  • A Bride By Christmas: Home For Christmas\ The Wise Virgin\ Tumbleweed Christmas
  • Lord Stanhope's Proposal
  • By Grace Possessed (The Three Graces, #2)
  • Life on Planet Mom: A Down-To-Earth Guide to Your Changing Relationships
  • My Irresistible Earl (Inferno Club, #3)
  • Miss Darcy Falls in Love
  • Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends #1)
  • Sleepless at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #1)
  • Nearly a Lady
  • Pistols For Two
Mary Josephine Dunn was born 22 September 1947 in Lancashire, England, UK. At the age of eleven she went to an all-girls boarding school, Layton Hill Convent, Blackpool. At sixteen, she wrote her first romance, with a medieval setting, completed in installments in an exercise book. From 1966 to 1970, she obtained a degree in English history from Keele University in Staffordshire, where she met her ...more
More about Jo Beverley...

Lovers and Ladies (6 books)
  • The Stanforth Secrets (Lovers and Ladies, #1)
  • Lord Wraybourne's Betrothed (Lovers and Ladies, #2)
  • The Stolen Bride (Lovers and Ladies, #3)
  • Emily and the Dark Angel (Lovers and Ladies, #4)
  • The Fortune Hunter (Lovers and Ladies, #5)
  • Deirdre and Don Juan (Lovers and Ladies, #6)
My Lady Notorious (Malloren, #1) An Arranged Marriage (Company of Rogues, #1) An Unwilling Bride (Company of Rogues, #2) Devilish (Malloren, #5) Something Wicked (Malloren, #3)