Start by marking “Chobits, Vol. 5” as Want to Read:
Chobits, Vol. 5

Chobits, Vol. 5 (Chobits #5)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  4,346 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
If a persocom's memories are stored on a hard drive, are they real? After all, a hard drive can simply be erased. This question has been driving Hideki mad as he searches for his kidnapped 'com, Chi. Hideki has always maintained that persocoms are just machines, but his heart tells him that there's something special about Chi, and he can't let her come to harm. As Hideki a ...more
Published April 15th 2003 by Tokyopop (first published April 5th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Chobits, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chobits, Vol. 5

Radwa
Mar 04, 2016 Radwa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
That dual personality aspect of Chi is interesting and I hope it shows more in next volumes.
Also, I'm glad a number of things cleared up in this volume. On a side note, I want more mushiness between Hideki and Chi. :3
Kate
Sep 22, 2009 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, age-adult, sci-fi, 2009
Chi gets rescued, but not before she drops a bomb: no one but "that person just for me" is allowed inside me (where her on/off switch is conveniently located). A robot who wants to remain a virgin until marriage? Apparently Chi's quest, as per Hideki's landlady's husband (who is no longer with us but somehow involved in this), is to give all persocoms the ability to be happy. I'm unsure about her "dark half" and how this is all going to be resolved, even if Chi and Hideki end up together.

I'm als
Coco
Jul 11, 2013 Coco rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Robin
Feb 28, 2013 Robin rated it really liked it
I really quite enjoy Chobits. As far as CLAMP manga goes, a lot of fans dislike it, saying that it runs counter to other CLAMP works. I enjoy the parts about Chobits that involve sacrifice, the problem of requited vs. unrequited love, the power of love itself, the nature of love (is it something programmed, or is it something inherent in sentient beings - when does "love" stop and become "programming" instead?). It's all really interesting and heartbreaking, too.

Beyond the psychological and phil
Lauren
Sep 19, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This series was a great mix of hilariousness with some serious events thrown into the mix making this series more complex than ridiculous. The high concept technology and how it can get integrated into a modern day society is fascinating.

Chii was such a wonderful character, I loved her innocent ways and attitude.

Read Fruits Basket if you like this series. It has the same mix of comedic hilarity with some more serious issues thrown in.
Sophie
Dec 08, 2009 Sophie rated it it was ok
This volume just felt a bit.. repetative. The story is progressing, but I just felt that they kept telling me the same information over and over again, or something was blatently obvious and yet it took ages for things to be revealed.

I'm losing patience with this series - I want more sci-fi and less "Hideki is such a great guy!".
Rena
Jan 10, 2014 Rena rated it liked it
Shelves: series, manga
Yay! They found Chi, and she is unharmed. Though, she did go into that state where every personacom (I think that is how it is spelled) went into a trance. I do not know how or why yet, but it definitely makes me more interested in what is going to happen.
Kate
Jun 10, 2011 Kate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, own, manga
I absolutely adore this manga by CLAMP. They manage to take some extremely pertinent and complex questions about the nature of love and the individuality of robots, and combine them with one of the most adorable romances ever!
Danyka
May 02, 2013 Danyka rated it liked it
I'd watched and liked the anime version when I was still a kid.

For now, I got no plans for buying a copy.
Dyah
*gampar Yumi bolak-balik*
ugh... she's vexing; I don't like her since the first time she appeared. Acting cute in front of Hideki, crying here and there, when actually she likes someone else.
Viky S. Deneault
Re-read (2015): The author of the graphic novel was revealed :3 but the action is quite slow other wise :/
Patricia
3.5? I'm not sure with this series. Chi is so 'young', that it feels wrong to me that it's about her Someone Just For Her..
Caroline Jensen
Jul 02, 2013 Caroline Jensen rated it did not like it
A previous friend of mine wanted me to read all the books, convincing me they were good and I hoped they would get better... what a waste of time.
Annchan Maulana
Sep 27, 2007 Annchan Maulana rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, anime
Its about cute persocoms name Chi ... that falling in love with Hideki, the guy who take her from garbage and teaching her about life.

Originaly review by AnnChan ^^
Gorgo Mage
Aug 10, 2011 Gorgo Mage rated it really liked it
a little repetitive and boring when chi repeats herself, but in all honesty.... its freakin adorable.
Amber Cochran
Amber Cochran rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2013
MacKenzie Wyatt
MacKenzie Wyatt rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2017
Guilherme Leite
Guilherme Leite rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
sui
sui rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2009
Miky
Miky rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2013
Natasha
Natasha rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2008
Sarah Sammis
Dec 16, 2007 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
My first attempt at reading manga in 2007. Read via BookCrossing.
Camryn Coughlan
Camryn Coughlan rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2013
María
María rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
May 08, 2009
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2011
Carol
Carol rated it did not like it
Feb 17, 2016
Vanesa Placencia
Vanesa Placencia rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2014
Håkon
Håkon rated it really liked it
May 03, 2014
  • Love Hina, Vol. 09
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 5 (Paradise Kiss, #5)
  • Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 8: Miori
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 4 (D.N.Angel, #4)
Ōkawa Nanase 大川七瀬
[born: 2 May 1967; Ōsaka, bloodtype: A]

Mokona Apapa もこなあぱぱ
[born: 16 Jun 1968, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from twelve to seven. Of the remaining seven, Tamayo Akiya
More about CLAMP...