Start by marking “Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 16” as Want to Read:
Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 16

Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 16 (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE #16)

4.38  ·  Rating Details ·  2,200 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
THE FRIENDSHIP BREAKS!

The five dimension-hopping travelers have stuck together through all sorts of worlds and all kinds of harrowing adventures. But when the group enters the ruined city of Tokyo, two powerful fugitives set in motion a disastrous chain of events that may cause their tight-knit friendship to unravel. Syaoran's mysterious past is finally revealed, and a tum
Published February 5th 2008 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Tsubasa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tsubasa

Nərmin
Oh how confusing and dark volume it was! Mysteries solved, blood shed, tears cried... (view spoiler)
Wonder what will happen in the next volumes!
Nic
Shelves: manga, 2016
Fye... T.T
Kayla Loewen
Dec 04, 2013 Kayla Loewen rated it it was amazing
My heart is officially broken.
Fawkes
Jun 10, 2016 Fawkes rated it it was amazing
Creo que este es el mejor de todos los tomos que llevo leídos. MA-DRE-MÍ-A.
Amy Gideon
Feb 28, 2013 Amy Gideon rated it really liked it
If I thought the last one ended crazily, it's nothing on this ending. This installment was awesome. The story is really picking up and while I'm still pretty confused I thoroughly enjoyed it.

(view spoiler)
Frankie
Mar 01, 2010 Frankie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-madness
This is the pivotal volume in this series by the genius members of CLAMP. Finally, the mystery of Syroan's doppelganger is revealed, and the motley traveling companions idyllic travels come to an end while hardships ensue.

What seemed like a benign tale becomes serious . . .
Chivitouille
May 15, 2014 Chivitouille rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga, 2014

Continuando con la historia en el depósito subterráneo de agua de la administración de la torre se Tokyo, nos encontramos con que Sakura es atraída por la pluma que se encontraba ahí.
Es en este momento en el que podemos observar que existe una especie de membrana que contiene algo en su interior, la cual se encontraba custodiando Kamui y donde Sakura se encuentra sumida en un profundo sueño.
Sin duda al percatarse de la aparición de la pluma Syaoran, Fye y Mokona hacen todo lo posible para dirigi
Conan Tigard
Nov 16, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it
Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE: Volume 16 is the first book in this series where I became a little confused during the reading. The Syaoran we have been reading about in the previous 15 books is not the REAL Syaoran? Huh? Then he becomes evil? Double huh? Then he steals one of Fai's eyes? Triple huh? It was all just a little baffling.

Of course, the artwork is excellent and the storyline is still great, but it left me wondering exactly what was going on, as not everything was explained. I am hopin
Ginny
Jul 11, 2011 Ginny rated it it was amazing
The turns of events in this volume and those that follow are really mind-bending. I am still trying to puzzle it all out.

There is also a deepening in the portrayal of the characters and their relationships with each other.

The anime OVAs that cover the period in Volumes 16-24 are well done, too, although incomplete. I needed to read the manga, too, to get all that is happening.

A completely different genre, so it's hard to compare these to other books I've read and really liked. I have read and r
Nicole
Aug 30, 2013 Nicole rated it really liked it
Talk about a change in tone! This volume shifts everything we've known for the past 15 volumes. It's a very welcome change, as it seems we'll move on from the entertainingly creative but repetitive collection quest to the meat of the plot.

However, this volumes makes the problems of the series clearer as well. Clamp's art looks great, but that beautiful art comes at the expense of coherency. Individual panels look great, but they don't flow well. A character could be laying on his back in one pa
Leonor
Dec 04, 2016 Leonor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, drama, japanese
En este tomo se explica el origen del Syaoran que hasta ahora ha estado acompañando y ayudando a Sakura a recuperar sus plumas/recuerdos, y cuál es el Syaoran que ha estado "dormido", esperando a poder enfrentar a su clon.

Suceden muchas cosas impactantes y terribles, relacionadas todas con Syaoran, que van en detrimento de Fye y Sakura (que justo elige el peor momento para despertar), y donde podemos conocer los verdaderos sentimientos de Kurogane hacia sus amigos.

Además, podemos ver la aparició
Kati
Oct 22, 2009 Kati rated it it was amazing
And we finally learn more about Syaoran and about what's going on. Wow, that pretty much sums up my reaction. Simply WOW! This time, creepy doesn't even begin to cover it. I was all teary eyed after what happened to Fai, his determination to die made me all sad. On the other hand we got to see just how much Kurogane cared for Fai, the way he cradled him gently and even went up against Syaoran to protect him. I was glad that I had the next book in the series at hand because the cliffhanger was he ...more
Lydia Bardsley
Oct 21, 2015 Lydia Bardsley rated it really liked it
I had a little break between 15 and 16 so that probably made this latest volume even more confusing. I've had to read sections of it multiple times, and read a fair few reviews to try and get things straight in my mind (sort of...), but I'm assuming/hoping it will become clearer as you go on. It is an interesting change in tone for the series, much more dark (and gruesome in places), and it does make me want to read more, despite, or maybe because of the frustrating lack of understanding I am cu ...more
Joss
Nov 12, 2013 Joss rated it it was amazing
November 2013: 5 Stars
WOAH. WOAH. WOAH. First third of the book: ultra confused. The rest: holy hell :OOO
First order of business: FAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIII!!!!! D: nononononononononononononoononononoononooooo
Poor Mokona couldn't stop crying. I was too shocked to do anything except gape and turn the pages as fast as I could.
Kurogane, you wonderful person... Thank you for watching over Fai <3
Poor Fai!! I'm swearing profusely in my head, I'm so upset! D': Faaaaiiii 3
On to volume 17, NAAAOOO
Melissa
Dec 11, 2009 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Clamp fans, Tsubasa fans
Tsubasa was great before, but in this volume, it gets WAY exciting! This has been my very favorite volume so far! After reading this volume, I have been reading multiple volumes a day because the story got so exciting! I have been very pleased with this series. The anime did not do it justice. If you want to get the complete, exciting story of Tsubasa, you have to read it. 5 out of 5 stars no question.
Jody Mena
Aug 02, 2011 Jody Mena added it
Shelves: manga
*faints from shock* Sayoran! No... FAI! *tears* Holy crap, so much happened! Everything changed so quickly, I think I have whiplash! This story is getting addictive! That was a horrible cliffhanger to end the book on! Must quit typing and dash on to the next or I might just have a fit! Heh heh, this manga is great!
Angi M
May 26, 2009 Angi M rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic
I read this one and 15 last week. He ate his EYE!!! I miss Syoaran in one piece. Will two of them be better, or just mixed up and disappointing? And WHERE did the clone go? I have so many questions! Why was a clone created at all, if only to gather feathers, when in the beginning there were no feathers?? I wish I could get these in book form, but at least I have OneManga :)
Vivian
Oct 20, 2008 Vivian rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: manga lovers
"Syaoran" is awake and he goes to where Syaoran and the others are.He is a nice person,but Syaoran suddenly becomes very evil.He took Fai's eyes out,but he still gives Sakura her feather.He was going to leave the dimension without Sakura and the group,but Sakura wanted him to stay.Syaoran still left and Sakura felt so sad.
Elizabeth
Jul 07, 2012 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorite-manga
So the truth has finally come through.... The cloning, the vampires, etc.... This series has been on hold for me for too long. This past week has been absolutely mind-blowing reading this manga... And I still have more to go!!
Ally
Jun 20, 2013 Ally rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, read-in-2013
Shit's going down under one of the last remaining buildings in Tokyo. Two Syaoran's, a hurt Fye, a devastated Sakura, and a constantly solid Kurogane make this one of the most exciting volumes yet. And I have a feeling we're going to learn even more about Fye...and that it won't be good.
scarlettraces
Oct 29, 2013 scarlettraces rated it really liked it
plot! lots of plot! i'm enjoying this more and more as Clamp show they *do* have a definite destination in mind. i probably will have to reread their entire output to pull all the threads together, though.
Echo
Mar 27, 2013 Echo rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, books-in-13
I have a feeling I would like this volume a lot more if I understood what on earth just happened. I'm hoping if I read it again, it will be more clear. Or maybe when I continue reading, everything will make sense in retrospect.
Izlinda
Dec 27, 2010 Izlinda rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, supernatural
Syaoran's history is learned, though still a little confusing to me. We also find out what Kamui was waiting for and who he is, since he appeared only 3 years ago.

This is the darkest volume so far!
Yvensong
Unfortunately, I found this volume too confusing. I couldn't find a copy of Volume 15 to read, so leaped right into this one, after reading a few reviews of 15 with spoilers. Even with the info gathered there, this volume made little sense.
Colleen
Dec 31, 2012 Colleen rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorites so far. It really heartbreaking. I hate seeing Fai suffer like that.
Alexandra
Sep 25, 2013 Alexandra rated it really liked it
So confused. Rabid for more. I don't see how fans reading this as it was published didn't go on hunger strikes outside the CLAMP offices.
Lix Tetrax
Dec 22, 2013 Lix Tetrax rated it it was amazing
everything changes in this book, major turning point!!
loved it!!! although couldnt believe syao would hurt anyone, esp fai :(
Wendy
Apr 14, 2008 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Aqeel
May 13, 2012 Aqeel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-manga
I really wanted to rate it more than 5 stars but couldn't find a way to.
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 10 (D.N.Angel, #10)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 6: Betrayal (Shugo Chara!, #6)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 4 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #4)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 15: Guardian

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from twelve to seven. Of the remaining seven, Tamayo Akiya
More about CLAMP...

Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 01
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 07
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 08
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 09
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 10

“Yuuko, speaking to Fai: To all the young ones in your group, you are no longer someone who passes through their lives and is forgotten. You have become someone very important to them. Your hardships are their hardships too.” 36 likes
“Mokona: Please! Fai is about to die! Yûko!
Fai: Y... You... can't... While I'm still ailve... Syaoran-kun's magic still lives. Even half of that power is too much... Nothing... will be able to stop him.
Mokona: Fai!!
Kurogane: *punches hole in wall* Who told you to make that decision now?!
Mokona: No! Kurogane!! *Kurogane grabs Fai by the collar*
Fai: Sorry... *Fai collapses*
Kurogane: Witch... Is there any way to keep him from dying?
Yûko: Yes, there is.”