Start by marking “Moonbeams (Beams and Light, #1)” as Want to Read:
Moonbeams  (Beams and Light, #1)

Moonbeams (Beams and Light #1)

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  32 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A Veil Recipe

3 clueless college students
1 magical dimension
1 Warrior Princess
A pinch of danger

Take three clueless college students, mix in a tobacco field. Combine one magical dimension and stir in a defiant Warrior Princess. Throw in a pinch of danger and slow cook until steaming.

Invite five angry deities. Open and serve your new heap of trouble.
Published March 19th 2011 by Createspace (first published March 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Moonbeams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonbeams

Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsLittle Women by Louisa May AlcottLegend by Marie LuThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Titles that start with L, M, or N
493rd out of 695 books — 41 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingLast Chance [Sunscapes Trilogy Book 1] by Michelle O'LearyCity of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Hot-Hued Covers
263rd out of 327 books — 102 voters

More lists with this book...

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Moonbeams is an enjoyable sword and sorcery/heroic fantasy novel with good world-building. I like that the main character is a tough/capable warrior princess, and I loved the diverse characters: three college-age humans who fell into the Veil, elves, faeries, dwarves, talking horses (but not in a cheesy way), dark sorcerers, and trolgres (troll/ogre hybrids). It's worth checking out.

Reviewed for Bitten by Books. http://bittenbybooks.com.
Marlene
Sep 18, 2011 Marlene rated it really liked it
Shayleah D'athmoon, an elf Peacekeeper for the First Ones, travels around with a group of compatriots fighting for just causes. During the middle of one such fight, three outlander humans appear, and Shayleah saves them. The three are totally fish out of water, unused to the violence and creatures in the Veil, so Shayleah takes them with her until she can return them to their world. Unfortunately, an evil lurks in the background and has plans for Shayleah, her friends, and the humans.

Moonbeams i
Marcie
Aug 26, 2011 Marcie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moonbeams by Lakisha Spletzer is the first book in the Beams and Light series. Since it's the first book it lays a lot of ground work in getting to know the characters. There are a lot of characters in this novel but not so much that it's confusing.

Rob, Cory and Megan are three college students in the Appalachian Mountains. They go out looking for some excitement one evening and by accident they step through the Veil. They are instantly transported into another dimension. They are rescued by Sh
Maria
Jul 03, 2014 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to read this book because I've heard good things about the author and lately, I've been finding myself more interested in books that deal with magical worlds and new creatures. But I want to be honest and say that by the end of this book, I wasn't really interested in finding out what comes next.

Let me tell you some of the aspects I did like about this book, and then you can decide for yourself. I'd love to hear some comments and see whether I'm just way off base on this one!

First off,
Maria
May 21, 2012 Maria rated it it was ok

First off
Elenora Rose Sabin
Apr 25, 2012 Elenora Rose Sabin rated it really liked it
The author knows how to draw in the reader and keep her turning pages. This is a fast-moving and suspenseful fantasy tale filled with interesting characters. The author has done a good job of developing a system of magic in a world into which three college students from our world are suddenly thrust. For me these human characters were the least well-drawn. Megan's attitudes and behavior are overdone, in my opinion, and both Cory and Rob are inconsistent in their actions, their personalities less ...more
Lori
Jun 25, 2011 Lori rated it really liked it
I won this e-book in a giveaway. I really enjoyed this book and liked all the "races" that were written about - humans, fairies, goblins, elves, etc. The characters were really relatable, and the ending made me want to keep reading in this series!
Rosalie
Reason for Reading_Won as a "Goodreads First Read"

A very fun fantasy read. I liked all of the charcters and wnjoyed being in the Veil. I look forward to the next installments. If you liked Eragon, you will like this.
Read for your future!
Jan 04, 2012 Read for your future! rated it really liked it
Shelves:
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Carolyn Payne.
Carolyn Payne. marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Brittany DeLaBarrera
Brittany DeLaBarrera marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Mary Ann Merlin
Mary Ann Merlin marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Amaya styles
Amaya styles marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Heather Holland
Heather Holland marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Oneida
Oneida marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Ichigos
Ichigos marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Roberta Mendes
Roberta Mendes marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Stefan Grønvik
Stefan Grønvik marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
MC Sheepie
MC Sheepie marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Athena
Athena marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Tanya
Tanya rated it did not like it
Aug 02, 2015
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Interracial and A...: Beams & Light: Moonbeams - Fantasy 21 24 Jan 19, 2012 07:41PM
  • Darwin's Children (Darwin's Children, #1)
  • Andraste
  • Silverweed: A Supernatural Fairy Tale (Volume 1)
  • First Spell: Book 1 of the Bayou Witches
  • Blood of the Dragon (Blood of the Dragon #1)
  • The Blackhope Enigma  (The Blackhope Enigma, #1)
  • Emerald (World of Samar, #1)
  • A Dragon's Awakening (The Chronicles of Kale, #1)
  • Sweet Light
  • Vision
  • Hindsight (Mira Chambers #2)
  • Legends Reborn
  • Progeny (The Children of the White Lions, #1)
  • Hotblood (House of Slide, #1)
  • Temptation (The Soul Collection, #1)
  • The Noble Ones
  • Dark Currents (Elementals, #1)
  • Shadow Man (Prince Andy and the Misfits, #1)
A little bit about me:

I'm an Indie Cross-Genre writer of science fiction/fantasy. I started writing stories and poetry at the age of 8 and haven't stopped yet.

I've learned to not let life's many road blocks and speed bumps throw me to the curb. I can't wait to dive in and continue to share the stories swirling around in my head.

In addition to my official website, I maintain a blog where I talk abo
More about Lakisha Spletzer...