Start by marking “I Hope You Know How Much I Love You: And Other Advice for a Happier Life” as Want to Read:
I Hope You Know How Much I Love You: And Other Advice for a Happier Life

I Hope You Know How Much I Love You: And Other Advice for a Happier Life

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Recharge your spiritual batteries with this delightful Time Out for Women Classic book by well-known author and speaker, John Bytheway. With humor and insight, John takes us through invaluable lessons he has learned in order to have a happier life. His advice to be content with ourselves and our accomplishments, reduce stress by striving to have the Spirit with us, choose ...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Deseret Book (first published March 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about I Hope You Know How Much I Love You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Hope You Know How Much I Love You

John Bytheway is always such a good speaker. His book has some things that really made me think about my life and what I do better.
Mimi
Nov 20, 2011 Mimi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: adult
This is a great little gem of a book. It is really short and contains lots of great wisdom. It is one that will be easy to read again and again when I need a reminder of what I should do to keep my life on track. The message I got from it was to be content with who I am and to strive to always have the Spirit with me.

I liked this poem he included.

Excuse this House
Some homes try to hid the fact that children shelter there.
Ours boasts of it quite openly; the signs are everywhere!
For smears are on
Cathi
John Bytheway is a favorite in our home. Our teen-agers love his humor and the way he shares important gospel themes in very relevant ways. My husband and I enjoy him because of the way he's able to speak to our youth without being sensational or condescending. He knows when to be funny (especially in taking himself lightly), but more importantly, he knows when to be serious and talk about what really matters. We've had some great discussions with our kids about things we've learned from his tal ...more
Bethany
A sweet, quick read. My husband and I both read it in about 30 minutes. A great "pick-me-up!" I love how he adapts simple advice into lessons with deeper meaning:

"'Do your best' became 'Be content'". "'Be nice' became "choose happiness even with things are hard.'"
Ryceejo
Mar 27, 2014 Ryceejo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: lds
I'm glad I own this little reminder! It will be good to revisit and recharge and remember the things I might forget of how to be happy. Oh, why is it so easy to forget?

One of those quick-reads definitely worth owning.
Linda
Just a gem of a little book. Lots of wisdom in the short pages of this book. One that could be read over many times to remember the good advise.
Britt
I must be on a John Bytheway kick. I bought this book for chapter 3 "I think I'll be delightful today". It was good.

This is a small book, written for women, packed with advice and encouragement. Here are my favorite quotes. "We have to practice 'selective neglect'. Sister Hinckley said that you must choose each day that which you will do and that which you will NOT do."

"Sometimes, the answers come in this life. Most of them don't. I have concluded that our Heavenly Father doesn't usually offer e
Laura Moss
Short. Sweet. And extremely uplifting. Classic Bytheway. Excellent.
Rachel
John Bytheway is a gifted speaker and my family loves him, but his power (and he can be powerful and simultaneously hilarious) is in the presentation. This book is cute, he shares some good ideas about deciding to be delightful and I enjoyed the story he shared about Sis. Holland wanting to rip out someone's pleats =), but most of it is just nice and overly obvious and would be conversation worthy, but not necessarily print merit-able. I shut it thinking, "that was okay".
April
What a wonderful book!One of the authors goals was to "recharge your batteries". I loved how he described choosing to be delightful. He also helped us to remember that God has an eternal perspective and we have already been told that Goodness will prevail. So we just need to remember to stay on the right team. This is a short book you can read in less than 30 minutes, but is well worth the minutes spent.
Heidi
My 2013 Mother's Day present to myself.

I nice little book to remind me of ways to choose happiness. I've read most of these little stories before, most likely in "Behind Every Good Man." But they were nice to read again, always needed. And the books is short and quick and easy for me read over and over again. Which I think I'll benefit much from. The best quote for me: "I think I'll be delightful today!"
Priscilla
There was nothing remarkable about this book. But I enjoy John Bytheway because he gives practical and specific suggestions on how to implement principles. I created a few goals for my life based on what I read. I guess that means it probably deserves a higher rating but I still don't feel like it was an impacting book. It just gave me a few ideas.
Adrienne
Popular speaker John Bytheway gives some admittedly simple advice on how live a happier life, stating that even if they're simple, they are also "simply true." Advice includes eliminating the tendency to compare and compete, being grateful, and deciding to be delightful. It's a quick read, and like he says, simple, but it's a fun, uplifting read.
Brittany
I always appreciate John BTW's work, but this was a strange compilation for me. I had already heard or read all of these excerpts in his other works, and I was kind of disappointed that this book didn't contain anything new. It seemed like a little gimmick by Deseret Book to make some money (kind of like when they publish conference talks as books).
Monica
John Bytheway’s I Hope You Know How Much I Love You is a short inspiring book of how we can be happier and more content with our marriages, relationships, and lives in general. A quick pick-me up with great quotes from President and Sister Hinckley and other prominent leaders of the church.
Catherine
This short little book was a very quick read, but it had some great advice in it. It is a book that would be good to read again every so often. John Bytheway gives helpful tips on how to be happier, and they are actually very simple. One thing he mentioned is being kind to people.
Renee
This was a very quick, but inspiring little book. My Relief Society is using this as a "pass-along" book. I read the whole thing in about 30 minutes and it was great. It is a great reminder for the simple things in life and that these specific simple things are "simply true."
Lacey
John Bytheway is a very entertaining author. I love reading his books. It is very easy to read his material, and very easy to relate to the things he is talking about. That being said, I felt as though this book was material he has used before. I was a little dissapointed.
Ruth Ann
This is an extension of a talk I heard at a Time Out for Women this last fall. REally glad my Mom gave it to me. If you want a great gift for a friend this would be a wonderful one to consider. Its small and can be read in an hour but has so much to think about.
Elizabeth Bowen
Wonderfully genuine. I love how his answers to solving unhappiness are so simple and yet profound and how he uses so many quotes from Sister Hinkcley. It's short but the perfect solution for perking up dampened spirits.
Kristen
Inspiring book! I loved all the quotes and stories. Just a very good book. My only complaint is that it should be less expensive. If they would have made it a paperback instead to make it cheaper, I would be happier!
Shauna
May 24, 2011 Shauna added it
I have always loved John Bytheway's talks and books. I really enjoyed reading this awesome, uplifting book! Come enter for a chance to win it on my blog here: http://bookgiveaways.blogspot.com/
Danni
I have been looking for this book for a long time. One of the ladies had it last night at enrichment so I snagged it. I really enjoyed it. I think every LDS woman needs to read it.
Lori
I really enjoyed this little book packed with great advice. I loved the quotes and his tales left me inspired to be a better person. This is definitely a "keeper".
Kaylynn Johnsen
There's not really much to say. It's not a book for telling someone how much you love them as it is a book telling you how you need to be happier. Fluff.
Lori
Quick, short read with lots of good reminders and quotes on how to be content and happy with being who you are and living the best life you can.
Cheri
This was a great book filled with quotes and stories that were uplifting. Great book to give you a boost when your having a hard day.
Danyelle Leafty
Loved the text. Something I really needed to read. The illustrations, on the other hand, while lovely, undermined the message a little.
Brooke
I know John Bytheway can be awfully cheesy, but I really like this one of his books. Short, easy read and lots of good advice/reminders.
Tenille
Great book on being happy. Alot of it is about yourself and how you handle your relationships. Great, easy to read!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Return to Virtue
  • Angels: Agents of Light, Love, and Power
  • The Continuous Conversion: God Isn't Just Proving Us, He's Improving Us
  • One Drop at a Time
John Bytheway (born October 1962) is an American author and academic, who is well known as a comic motivational speaker for youth within The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Born in Salt Lake City, Bytheway attended the University of Utah and Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah, receiving a Master's Degree in Religious Education. He also served as a missionary for the LDS Chu ...more
More about John Bytheway...
When Times Are Tough: 5 Scriptures That Will Help You Get Through Almost Anything How to Be Totally Miserable What I Wish I'd Known in High School: A Crash Course in Teenage Survival Behind Every Good Man: [Helping Your Husband Take Spiritual Lead at Home] Helping Your Husband Take the Spiritual Lead in the Home Righteous Warriors: Lessons from the War Chapters in the Book of Mormon