Start by marking “Thrill of the Night (Avalon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Thrill of the Night  (Avalon, #1)

Thrill of the Night (Avalon #1)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  339 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
Part time diner waitress and hotel manager, Gwen’s days are filled with serving locals and making sure the sleepy back-road motel doesn’t have a crisis of epic proportions… like running out of clean towels. She’s a woman with a routine, a cleaning roster and that’s the way she likes it.

But Gwen is a woman with a past. A past which involves guns, knives and a whole lot of w
ebook
Published March 28th 2011 by Summerhouse Publishing (first published March 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Thrill of the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thrill of the Night

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
4.5 STARS

Thrill of the Night is book one in the Avalon series by Mina Carter. This is my very first book by Ms. Carter. Although it is very short, approximately 22 pages, I was shocked by how much was included! And I love the sarcastic wit in which it was told.

diner waitress:

Gwen (Guinevere) is a waitress in a roadside diner. But this wasn’t always her profession. Gwen is a retired hunter of things most of us only think exist in the books we read. Things like vampires and werewolves. But that’s all behind her
Hayat
A short but hot read with a distinct female lead character who is a waitress by profession and a hunter of were-creatures by blood, a hot alpha male type hero in distress, and a setting with hidden paranormal community makes for one interesting plot with potential. The sequel is the final instalment of the Avalon two-part short stories.

This book was free and it was also such a great introduction to a new author. The only thing I didn't like was the heroine's lack of self confidence, it just did
Sophia Triad
Jun 11, 2016 Sophia Triad rated it liked it
Perfect before nap time. A short sexy smut story about a waitress who used to be a slayer of anything dark and paranormal. One day the perfect male steps into the diner and her new life and identity is not enough any more. An one night stand with him will change her life again.
Laurie
I was immediately drawn into this delightful short read that captured my fancy and tickled my funny-bone. Told from the heroine’s viewpoint with self-deprecating humor intermixed with confidence and saucy wit, Gwen is a character I could not help but to love. When a mysterious man enters the diner, Gwen is handed some unexpected fodder for her active imagination, but that hardly prepares her for the seductive and dangerous encounter to come. Ms. Carter certainly got my attention with this story, ...more
Nov 23, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and Spicy read!
This is the first book in the BBW Paranormal Hunters Erotic romance series. This is a short novella, but has a lot going on that leaves you wanting more. Gwen works as a waitress and hotel manager in a small town. She enjoys her current job, she can’t forget her past job as a paranormal hunter. While she is working at the diner a sexy stranger walks in and leaves her ovaries whimpering. While walking home from work that night she notices blood on a motel’s door. When she tri
Netanella
Mina Carter does short and smutty extremely well. There's a lot of crap out there that's so much window dressing to badly written erotica, but Mina Carter has a way of creating a real story with real people (or real paranormals, if you will), while keeping it hot, in 50 pages or less. Kudos to you, my dear author.
☣ Jessica ☣
Jan 07, 2016 ☣ Jessica ☣ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

This was really fun to read. It's pretty short, but it grabbed my attention from the get go. I can't wait to read the rest of the series! Starting now! :)
Brendy
Sep 23, 2015 Brendy rated it liked it
I actually fell asleep with this one...so... Lets say that the ending for the next day was acceptable.
Not great scenes or any of that kind. But good before nap time I guess
3.5-4 stars. It was super short but I really liked it! I will read the second book!
Crissy
Dec 02, 2014 Crissy rated it really liked it
OMG!!! I knew this was a short read but I need the next one immediately. Gwen was a hunter but has settled down and is working at Betty's Diner and Jasen walks into the diner looking extremely gorgeous. Who knew one meeting would lead to incredible sex and the sex is extremely hot but before you know it and as soon as things kick off, BAM it's over. This short read definitely leaves you wanting more and excited to see what else will happen. This is one page turner and Gwen will have you laughing ...more
A.M.
Oct 18, 2015 A.M. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, e-books
Gwen used to be a Hunter, but now she works at a diner and lives in the cheap motel next door. One drool worthy customer keeps her imagination fired up long after he saunters out of the diner, but some hours later on her way back to her room at the end of her shift, she notices a bloody hand print on the veranda post. The trail ends at a door. Suspecting it is another Hunter in trouble, she knocks on it and offers to help.
It’s the same dude. And he’s very thankful.
***
I was listening to a podcast
Habrewer
Jul 16, 2011 Habrewer rated it liked it
Thrill of the Night by Mina Carter
* I received this ARC free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Gwen has had enough of the nomad life of a hunter. She has settled down in a small town where she works at the dinner and lives in a motel room rent free. She has convinced herself that she is happy with her new life, until the handsome stranger walked into the diner during her shift. She can’t get the stranger out of her fantasies, um mind.

Even now, Gwen is always in hunter mode when sh
Lori
Dec 14, 2015 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good short story!

When in the mood to find a quickie it can be hit or miss, unfortunately. Luckily we have Mina Carter who is quite reliable and certainly came through for me today! Good story and good characters with a fully built setting so you can picture this in your mind, almost like a movie reel. Nicely suspenseful, I love books that keep me guessing! I didn't look but am going back now to see if there will be more books along the same lines. I hope so.
Nenya
Dec 31, 2015 Nenya rated it really liked it
**warning** this is a short novella... very, very short!! somehow it just feels shorter, because... well, i read it as a standalone (hmm... apparently there is no background, bcos this is the first of a series) and well, we aren't given any background... oh well, maybe if the author had sketched all that out, it wouldn't have been as much fun...

this was a very short, tiny, but awesomely fun short story (where **caution** werewolves are the bad guys).
Lisa
Jul 11, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it
Thrill of the Night was my 1st experience of Mina Carter and I have to say, I enjoyed it. I'm not really a fan of short stories or novellas. They lack the depth of character and storyline that I crave.
But this was am enjoyable, fun, sexy, fast-paced read.
Minas writing style is intelligent, witty and flows like water.
The sex scene was extremely hot!!!!
If you enjoy short, erotic, fast flowing stories, you will no doubt enjoy this!
Judy Lewis
Nov 13, 2014 Judy Lewis rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! This is Book one of the Avalon Series and Wow! I love it! Well Written! Smart! Gripping! Powerful! Exciting! Thrilling! Addictive! Sexy! Steamy! So Hot! Oh yeah! Ms. Carter expertly lays the ground work for the beginning of an exciting and thrilling story. The story is fast paced and flows beautifully. The dialog is smart and witty. The characters are quirky and intriguing. An exceptional read! I can hardly wait to read Book 2.
Helen
Jun 06, 2016 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great story. I so enjoyed Gwen's character, a strong alpha woman. The story itself was well written and imaginative. Gwen who works both in a diner and motel, has a stranger who comes into the diner and he is tall dark and handsome. On the way home ,she sees a smear of blood on the post outside one of the rooms and peeks in the open door. What she sees is the end of her new quiet life.
Patty Smith
Jan 01, 2015 Patty Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and hot

I love Mina Carter's books. The writing is wonderful, the editing pretty thorough (a biggie for me), the characters fleshed out even in her short stories. The heat level is always high, and her males are definitely alpha. This story is also laugh-out-loud funny. My only complaint? I wanted the story to keep going! I highly recommend this short story.
Tanya
Jan 18, 2015 Tanya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, erotica
Steamy. This story was way better than I had expected. I loved Gwen's humor, and the chemistry between Gwen and Jasen was a nice touch. The sex scene was hot, the plot was tight and intense, and the characters were likable. The only problem I have with this story is its ending. It was too rushed for my liking, but the majority of this tale was still enjoyable nonetheless.
Amanda Felts
Dec 09, 2015 Amanda Felts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The story had great potential, but it was way too damn short. The ending wasn't just rushed, it was like slamming into a brick wall. I understand it's an erotic short, but seriously, a little bit more effort and a few more pages would have made it complete.
Joanne Dee
Nov 12, 2014 Joanne Dee rated it it was amazing
A sexy short story about Gwen and Jasen. She used to be a Hunter of all things supernatural now she's a waitress. He's the sexy stranger who turns up at the diner and ends up fulfilling all her erotic fantasies.
Throw in a some humour and a werewolf and you have a great little read.
Ruty  B
I like this short story.
A former hunter who now works in at a dinner. When a sexy stranger walks in all her fantasies fill her head.
Funny, sexy and fast.
The main character has a fantastic sense of humor and reading what's going on in her mind was great.
Even though the paranormal element has a minimal appearance it was a good story.
DKW
Jan 12, 2016 DKW rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick sexy read

Nice quick read. Gwen is a retired Hunter of things that go bump in the night. In her workplace, a diner, walks Jasen. He's younger than her but sexy as sin. Could he be interested in her?
Mina Carter is an excellent author.
Helen Simpson
Mar 16, 2016 Helen Simpson rated it really liked it
I ENJOYED THIS SHORT READ BY MINA BUT WOULD OF LOVED MORE FROM IT. IT IS WELL WRITTEN AND A GOOD PLOT BUT FELT CERTAIN SCENES AND SCENARIOS WERE RUSHED. A GREAT TASTE OF WHAT TO EXPECT FROM MINA SEXINESS AND PASSION. I HAVE TO SAY I LOVED THE ENDING.
RaChelle
Jan 23, 2016 RaChelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great fast break from every day

Fab short story - just what you need sometime.. tons of excitement, fast paced , I appreciated that it wasn't part one of a hijack attempt. . I just signed up for your newsletter!
Melanie-Smokenator
Nov 16, 2014 Melanie-Smokenator rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome, mina-carter
Gwen, a previous hunter, has her ovaries whimpering... Until Jasen walks into the diner she is working at. He is a serious pieces of hot yummy male! After years off her game, she still the instincts of a hunter. Luckily she hasn't killed a paying customer.
While Jasen has his coffee Gwen is drooling over him with her whispering ovaries (it tickles me). After he left he is still the main character in her fantasies while serving her regulars.
When she gets to the motel, she notices blood and what h
Hyacinth Janecyk
Sep 30, 2015 Hyacinth Janecyk rated it it was amazing
OH Loved this!!! Gwen is HOT and badass!!! Jason is smoking. Gwen figures helping out a hunter and getting a little action in is OK. Great story can we read more about them. A Hunter team sounds like a good story!!!
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
Nov 21, 2014 Wendy coling ( trowbridge) rated it it was amazing
You go back to how they first met which is silly. Should of had this first then your know how they met not be thrown straight in to it in first book. Less sex in this and more story. You see her cloths on more lol.
Connie
Apr 19, 2014 Connie rated it liked it
* I received this ARC free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

I liked it. A short sexy encounter with steamy sex that leaves you wanting more. Definitely will read more by Mina Carter.
Bianca Alexander
Jan 02, 2016 Bianca Alexander rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This was a quick, exciting read. Gwen was an intriguing character, and I really enjoyed the tension built up from her secret past. This is a fun start to what looks like an exciting series.
  • Mojo Queen (Roxie Mathis, #1)
  • Black Dog and Rebel Rose
  • Good Intentions (Dead War #1)
  • The Bonded
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Chasing Midnight (The Dark of Night, #2)
  • Hound's Bite (Ivy Granger, #5)
  • Tall, Dark and Paranormal
  • Wolf's Trap (Wolf Cycle, #1)
  • Mind Games (Cassie Scot #3)
  • Undercover Magic (Shifty Magic, #2)
  • Nightwolves on the Prowl
  • Dead Light
  • Earth Blend (Blend Trilogy #2)
  • Under His Claw (ALPHAS #7)
  • Paranormal Pleasures: Ten Tales of Supernatural Seduction
  • Elegantly Undead (Coffin Girls, #1)
  • Fading Light (Shadow Born, #2)
2920063
Want 3 FREE ebooks? Sign up to my newsletter - http://mina-carter.com/newsletter/

Back to your regularly scheduled bio ;)

Mina was born and raised in the East Farthing of Middle Earth (otherwise known as the Midlands, England) and spend her childhood learning all the sorts of things generally required of a professional adventurer. Able to ride, box, shoot, make and read maps, make chainmail and use
More about Mina Carter...

Avalon (2 books)
  • I Put a Spell on You (Avalon, #2)