Start by marking “Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame” as Want to Read:
Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame

Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame

3.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  364 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews

For Patrizio Trelini, everything points to Keira Worthington's infidelity. The ruthless Italian throws his temptress wife out--he won't listen to her lies!

But, two months later, necessity brings Keira back into Patrizio's life, and into his bed, although his heart remains cold.

With her marriage revived, Keira has one last chance to prove her innocence. But she's just disco

Paperback, Large Print, 251 pages
Published April 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books (first published April 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame

Christina
Booklover
Just ignore the book,it was so horrible

I was like this,wanna save your head avoid the book Photobucket

Do Not Recommend it
RLA
Jan 11, 2012 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The heroine Keira is trying hard to move on with her life, even though she knows she is the one who ruined it. She is certainly not expecting her soon-to-be-ex husband Patrizio, the hero, to come and see her. Patrizio can never forgive Keira for what she did, yet a situation has led him to ask her for a brief, pretend reconciliation. Keira struggles with her shame over her actions even though she can't actually remember what happened. Patrizio's scorn towards her hurts, but she takes it knowing ...more
Amanda Sheila
Oookay.. This story is ridiculous.

Kiera was lying in Garth's bed, naked. And Patrizio is nothing but furious. He despised her for betraying him and when she said nothing but apology, he was ready to kick her out of his life. But things happen, and the sparks is still ignite between them..

The storyline is good, great in fact. Full of angst, exactly what I like. BUT!

But, the execution is damn awful. Miss Millburne describe Patrizio's hateful blatantly and I don't like it. He's just pure hatred
Asteropê
Stories like these seem like tales of what happens after the marriage and happily ever afters. Things don't always work out. The main thing that bothered me was the fact that the hero, during the separation (of two months), slept with other women. Like actually slept with them. Yes, he was planning on divorcing her, but still. At least wait until the divorce is final! If he merely spun some lies/tales of his mistress(es) to make her jealous or hurt her (dick move, yes, but not as bad as the real ...more
Roub
Dec 27, 2013 Roub rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
well, keira really took the price 4 the lowest scum on earth ! she was so awfully pathetic, made me want 2 throw up ! it's all very good 2be repentant, 2 regret past felonies but she was up2 her neck in it; so deep wid guilt, remorse, depression. she really had 2 stand up 4 herself. while she had been wallowing in self-pity 4 2months, patrizio had been whoring himself u no. n she was not angry like she was not angry dat bruno called her a slut whenever n wherever or when bruno read her messages ...more
Tishke
There is nothing redeeming about any character in this whole book and Of course, they can't keep their hands off each other. She was a pathetic excuse for a woman and he was just a scumbag; Plain and simple!
Vintage
I hate this book. It needs to die a long suffering death.

What doesn't it have?

A stupid, strident heroine, Keira, perhaps one of the most immature h ever and that's saying something. She's either screaming hysterically at the H or screaming during sex. Yawn. Needs to die.

Cruel, sadistic bastard of a hero, frickin' Patrizio. He thinks she's cheated on him and he calls her slut, whore. Tells her he would catch a disease if he slept with her because of all the other...well you get the picture. Then
Megan
Jul 28, 2012 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was one that grabbed my attention and couldn't put down, and I was able to read it in one setting. It was different in comparison to other Harlequin books I have read.
After Keira's alleged affair with her friend Garth Merrick, her marriage to Patrizio Trelini ended and became a world wide scandal in the gossip magazines and newspapers. Though she regretted that night and can't remember anything happening she was heading for divorce until Patrizio's nephe
Paula Legate
Jan 30, 2016 Paula Legate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspence
This book got a lot of low reviews. I however thought the author is very talented, and did an excellent job with this story. I didn’t like the title of the book. On the other hand I could feel the strong emotions that Patrizo, and Keira were feeling. Pain, love, raised voiced, and tender touches was felt from the pages of this book. This book was not a cookie cutter mold from other plots in other books. I loved the twist about the best friend in this book. I have to say… I didn’t see that one co ...more
Sandra R
Feb 28, 2015 Sandra R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well I liked this book no matter what lots of other readers thought. All mills and boon stories can't be the same and points to Melanie for writing something different.
Adensanti
Jun 29, 2015 Adensanti rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
skip this book. i really meant it.
unless you got arouse after your hight temper-2 months estrange husband- saying a really insulting,accusing, lower words to you. bcz that's what the heroine did in this book.
and ofc, just like in every HQ. it's always the guys feeling that must be the 1st priority. to hell w/all the hurt heroine feel. aftr all, isnt man having more fragile pinky-winky heart than us, women? yeahh right.
the H in this book is absolutely horrible, full of shitty word towards the h
Lu Bielefeld *Book Whore Brazil*
Como sempre o homem pode trair a mulher, ter quantas amantes quiser e etc... mas quando é a vez dele levar um chifre, fica todo ofendido e não aceita de maneira alguma. Nem aceita falar sobre o assunto e ver a questão de angulo diverso.

Outra coisa que detesto é que o homem não pode ficar sem sexo, já a mulher nos livrinhos fica anos e anos sem e leva na boa, kkkkk!

A mulher deve perdoar, se humilhar, aceitar, dar a cara a tapas e etc..., já o homem pode tudo!

Não gostei!

Evite!!!!!
Chantal Main
I wanted A bigger grovel scene and an epic one!!! He treats like shit is whoring around like there is no tomorrow and after a few days. He is an asshole and I totally hated him. I would have hired a hit man on him so fast. I hated him so much. While she was wearing the hair shirt for something even if she had done it, which she didn't, was not as big a betrayal as what he had done!! Where do they get the sense of entitlement when they treat their wife like shit to be all sanctimonious because th ...more
Jane Blake
Jun 27, 2015 Jane Blake rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dios mio, Patrizio es un hombre despreciable y Keira una heroina insulsa y tonta que se deja maltratar...

Patrizio es un protagonista despreciable, ofendía a su esposa al menos una vez por página si es que no la estaba usando sexualmente para desfogarse mientras que Keira trataba de provocar empatía como protagonista sufrida a la que no le importaba que la maltrataran o la usaran sexualmente y cuyo respeto por si misma es nulo.

No creo que sea un libro que merezca ser recomendado, si tienes una
Yessenia Andaverde
I was expecting more. The husband spent the whole book mistreating his wife, calling her names, using her, by his own words, as a slut and a whore, bragging about his mistress, his moral, his faithfulness while married, acting all superior toward her because everyone thought she had sex with someone else. She was always feeling sorry for herself, letting her husband bossing her around, asking for forgiveness, worried, sick, weak, sorry again, asking for love, in despair. The truth is revealed; h ...more
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
This. This was every bit as wonderfully overwrought and ridiculous and really, really just REALLY, as that name suggests. A work of art, truly ;)
Feronica
i think this story is interesting but it seem rushed .. it could be a really good story if it's not been rushed .. i think some scenes were wrote too fast .. we still haven't get the feeling and it passed ..
Sherry Ewy
Kaycee Sapinoso
There's nothing redeeming about any of the character. I hated both the hero and the heroine.
Ruka
Feb 03, 2016 Ruka rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
one of the worse MM's book I've ever read.
Judith
Dec 04, 2014 Judith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not enough redemption for me to like Patrizio
Diana
Aug 11, 2015 Diana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
2.5
 Chele
May 30, 2011 Chele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christina
Apr 12, 2013 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, not just because it wasn't your stereotypical Harlequin romance but due to the intensity and the emotions this book was written with. A lot of self hatred, anger and sadness which gave the book a more raw edge. Patrizio's was of dealing with Keira wasn't very nice, but his actions would have been expected from a hurt and broken-hearted man.
A great read that is realistic and emotional, and different in a good way.
Tia
Aug 20, 2012 Tia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hero thinking his wife was cheating on him, kicked her out and started proceedings for divorce. Little did he know it was all a big set up and the heroine is actually innocent. Then the hero showed up and they had a night of unmistakable passion which resulted in the heroine being pregnant. Now the hero is trying to fight his emotions and wonders if the baby is even his.

Decent read.
Jenny
Aug 10, 2013 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy
Steamy, intense, emotional! Loved this book and both hero and heroine were amazing people. Both were hurt and heartbroken because of Keira's alleged cheating but their love conquers all!
Mareli
Jun 02, 2011 Mareli rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One star is too much for that bad book. She is on my red carpet for TSTL heroines of all the time... grrrrrrrrrr!
Chinyere
Feb 19, 2013 Chinyere rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It's very real and shows what relationships go through in reality
  • The Greek Tycoon's Pregnant Wife
  • The Greek Tycoon's Love-Child
  • Virgin Mistress, Scandalous Love-Child (Harlequin Presents, #2831)
  • The Contaxis Baby
  • The Martinez Marriage Revenge (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, #2715)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Secret Baby, Convenient Wife
  • The Salvatore Marriage Deal
  • Ruthless Russian, Lost Innocence (Harlequin Presents, #2920)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Unwilling Wife
  • Marchese's Forgotten Bride
  • Million-Dollar Love-Child
  • The Greek Tycoon's Baby Bargain (Harlequin Presents, #2736)
  • A Dark Sicilian Secret
I grew up on a small farm on the outskirts of Sydney and as a keen horse rider, often competed in local gymkhanas and even broke in a few horses from time to time. As I was surrounded by animals, I decided at an early age to become a nurse, however I couldn’t stand the sight of blood and so opted for a career in teaching. It’s a bit ironic that I married a surgeon.

I read my first Mills & Boon
More about Melanie Milburne...