Start by marking “Lot Lizards” as Want to Read:
Lot Lizards

Lot Lizards

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A "lot lizard" is a female hooker who works a highway truck stop as her territory. When trucker Bill Ketter looks for a little relaxation and release, he discovers, too late, that he has bitten off more than he can chew. In fact, his lot lizard is the one that does the biting--she is a vampire, one of number who move from one truck stop to the next under the watchful and v ...more
Published October 1st 1991 by Mark V. Ziesing

To ask other readers questions about Lot Lizards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lot Lizards

Salem's Lot by Stephen KingDracula by Bram StokerInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceDark Lover by J.R. WardThe Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Best Adult Vampire Books
434th out of 1,263 books — 6,982 voters
Dracula by Bram StokerInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceSalem's Lot by Stephen KingLuna Sanguis by Simon OkillCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Vampires that DON'T Sparkle!
194th out of 207 books — 229 voters

More lists with this book...

Angel Gelique
Here is another fine example of how the shameful lack of male willpower and moral judgment can lead to trouble....

Dirty hookers photo: thpenis.gif

Feeling lonely (and "in the mood") after his wife leaves home with their children, trucker Bill Ketter opens his driver's side door to a gaunt-looking young girl asking if he would like some company. Big mistake, Billy. Bill contracts something different from the typical STDs. He's developed an aversion to sunlight and an appetite guessed it, blood. Bill is now a member of
Reading Ray Garton novels is a lot like reading literary movies that are just plain fun. Lot Lizards is no different. As the description states, lot lizards are prostitutes that haunt truck stops, truckers being their target ... um ... market.

We begin the story with Bill, a trucker who's stopped for the night at a truck stop and is feeling a little frisky. He hopes to hear the knock on his driver's side door, indicating the solicitation of a lizard. One comes, but Bill is taken by how skinny an
Sep 19, 2008 Kevin rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Crazy People
Recommended to Kevin by: Tom Paterek
The author seems to have turned in a second draft of an unfinished novel and someone published it. Everything moves way to fast and all plot threads get tied up in nice neat unrealistic bows. Even the scenes that are supposed to be scary are not very. It could make an OK B movie in the hands of a decent screenwriter & director, but this SK wannabe author needs to work a lot harder next time.
Decent enough vampire tale, not much more to it than that...
Feb 04, 2012 Donald rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I guess I still like vampire stories.

In this one, several subplots feed the main story arc in a well thought out night of blood sucking fun-packed excitement.

You've got a victim, Bill Ketter, a trucker who's been turned and wants to stop them.

The them of which I speak are the lot lizards, young prostitutes who knock on the cabs of resting truckers looking to provide some—ahem—company.

There's a house within sight of the truckstop occupied by the sick daughter of one of the waitresses. Watching he
Joe D.
I really liked this book. I like Ray Garton in general. I remember when I finally started reading "other horror" (i.e., not Stephen King, Koontz, etc), I read a book "The Loveliest Dead" which really raised the bar on how cool a horror book could be. As with other Ray Garton books, this may not be earth shattering or ground breaking but it's fun and well worth the read. I suspect I'll eventually go through his entire catalogue.

Aside: now that I'm into e-Reading, there's a whole bunch of books th
Dave Pope
For years I've had this on my bookshelf and for some reason didn't get down to reading it until a few weeks ago. Ordinarily I'm not fond of vampire books but this was a thrill ride. Don't think Dracula here - think "30 Days of Night". The vampires in this book are vicious, horrific,scary creatures and the story telling is gritty, fast paced and thrilling. This is a vampire novel and a survival novel with characters that you care about. A quick but well worth it read if you like your horror a lit ...more
this review says it better than I can:

My take? If you like Ray Garton, you'll love this book. This is horror, not y our typical paranormal romancy vampires so popular today.
This was my first Ray Garton novel. It's a fast paced story featuring it's share of violence gore, and even a bit of sex. The story centres around a truck stop diner that has been overrun with vampires. Overall a fun quick read with a solid finale.
Next to Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot, no one does vampires like Ray, and he's created another masterpiece. The way he makes supernatural stories personal is uncanny, just the touch of sick realism they need.
K.D. McQuain
A short but interesting read. Exciting and quick paced with some human emotion mixed in.
Beiza added it
Nov 16, 2015
Dixie Schulz
Dixie Schulz marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Samantha Hall
Samantha Hall marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Louie Schultz
Louie Schultz marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Wordsl Dreamsl
Wordsl Dreamsl marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Derrick marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
MARGARET M WARNER marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Rick Lopes
Rick Lopes marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
  • Dispatch
  • Midnight's Lair
  • The 13th
  • Afterage
Ray Garton is the author of several books, including horror novels such as LIVE GIRLS (which has a movie in the works), CRUCIFAX, E4 AUTUMN, and THE FOLKS; thrillers like TRADE SECRETS and SHACKLED; and numerous short stories and novellas. He's also written a number of movie and television tie-ins for young readers. He lives with his wife, Dawn, in California.
More about Ray Garton...