Start by marking “Majoring in Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #19)” as Want to Read:
Majoring in Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #19)

Majoring in Murder (Murder, She Wrote #19)

Celebrity mystery writer Jessica Fletcher is riding out Schoolman College's first tornado in over sixty years. As a visiting professor, she is there to teach a creative writing class. But after two men choose to brave the tornado rather than take shelter and one of them is found dead-Jessica wonders if her darkest suspicions are strictly academic.
Published April 1st 2003 by Penguin Group US

To ask other readers questions about Majoring in Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Majoring in Murder

Elise Stone
Aug 20, 2011 Elise Stone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are times when you want a prime rib dinner. There are times when you crave bistro food. And there are times when you just want meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

Just as there is comfort food, there are comfort reads. After the intensity of Dan Simmons' "Flashback" and weeks reading "A Clash of Kings" (which I'll get back to now), I felt like something lighter, something softer, a book that I could cuddle up with and enjoy. For me that means a cozy mystery.

I was not disappointed by this book in
Priscilla
Aug 17, 2009 Priscilla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I discovered this book in a recent visit to the library. I have not had luck in finding some of the other authors I wanted to read and this caught my eye when I walked past it. I LOVED the TV series and this book is just like watching a show! It is written in first person by Jessica Fletcher (It actually has Donald Bain's name on it too but "I/me" is Jessica Fletcher). IT is a VERY clean book (No bad language, immorality, and she even discourages gossiping to boot!) Very fast read. Now I want to ...more
Chiara Battistoni
Jan 10, 2017 Chiara Battistoni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amo questo personaggio, e nonostante forse abbia impiegato un po' troppo ad entrare nel vivo della storia, è stato bello immergersi in una delle avventure di Jessica Fletcher. Per me il primo romanzo della serie, magari ne leggerò altri senza particolare fretta.
Ali
May 25, 2016 Ali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of the previous five murder she wrote mysteries I read, this one is my favorite one so far!! I really liked how it never got slow going in the plot line like some of the other murder she wrote mysteries! the surprise twist of possibly two murders was cool too! I had my suspicions the whole time of who I thought the killer was, and it was none of those people I though!t so I am glad for that, it can be boring when you know who the killer is. the tornado aspect brought to the story made it int ...more
Susan
Feb 16, 2013 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction
I used to really like the "Murder, She Wrote" TV series and so was excited to read this novel. It was okay, but, for me, not something I couldn't put down. I got a little tired of Jessica being perfect--super smart, super good teacher, super kind, super forgiving, super insightful, etc. It got kind of super annoying for me.

And I really didn't like the end. I felt that one of the bad people got rewarded instead of punished.

But it was a clean, light read and pretty entertaining. If you like Agatha
Chi Dubinski
Aug 24, 2015 Chi Dubinski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Jessica Fletcher arrives in Indiana to teach a creative writing course at Schoolman College, she finds herself in a tornado shelter, waiting out the area’s first tornado in sixty years. After the storm is over, the body of Professor Newmark is discovered buried in a pile of debris. The local police and college officials believe he was a victim of the storm, but Jessica believes it was murder. For fans who can’t get enough of the Cabot Cove sleuth.
Cecelia Hightower
Carolee & Sam brought this book with them during spring break – I will be keeping it at the beach. Jessica is a visiting instructor at Schoolman College teaching a creative writing course. An unexpected tornado hits the campus destroying several buildings. One of the professors is found under the debris and presumed the was killed when the building collapsed. Of course Jessica starts her investigation.... In this story, Jessica does solve not one, but 2 murders.
Marty
Jul 03, 2015 Marty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Donald Bain has written a series of books supposedly by the popular TV detective Jessica Fletcher. In this one, Jessica has taken a job as a celebrity mystery writer teaching for a semester at a small college in Indiana. On one of the first days there the college suffers a hit from a Tornado and one of the English professors is killed ----or was he murdered?? Jessica has a feeling that something is not right on campus. Good for someone looking for a quick engaging read.
Puneri
Sep 15, 2011 Puneri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This one was a little disappointment. I did not really like the way the book flows. And the reason for the murder was kind of boring. And quoting from Shakespeare, well that was a little childish. Overall 1 and 1/2 star for this one!
Katie
Aug 26, 2011 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
More fun with Jessica Fletcher! I love the characters and the atmosphere Bain creates. I thought I had figured out the killer about halfway through but there were plot twists aplenty at the end!
Jen
Jan 14, 2016 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting plot. Unique and unexpected. More suspenseful than most and the added weather element was a nice touch.
Jackie
Jan 13, 2017 Jackie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! I figured out who did it very early on, but still the twist and turns of this novel were wonderful! A great book to read on a rainy day!
Lauren Fidler
May 19, 2009 Lauren Fidler rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
ok, i'm starting to notice a strong pro-life bent on these novels...which i find particularly obnoxious from a man who profits from writing about murder.
Justin Walsh
Things got really interesting when Jessica decided to teach a class about criminology and as an author herself she really does know how to think like a criminal and what to look for.
Sarah Jowett
May 04, 2013 Sarah Jowett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, I liked the setting, but I really had NO clue who dunnit until the end. Either brilliant on the part of the author, or stupid in the part of the author, depending on his intentions.
David
David rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2012
Alissa K
Alissa K rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Aly
Aly rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Laurie Baldwin
Laurie Baldwin rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2011
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
May 03, 2010
Jacqui Ainsworth
Jacqui Ainsworth rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2010
Denise Kennedy
Denise Kennedy rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2015
~sallie
~sallie rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2014
Matthew
Matthew rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2010
Patricia Reed
Patricia Reed rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2012
Cari rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
The Women's Myste...: #19 Majoring in Murder 1 2 Aug 10, 2013 12:04AM
  • Murder, They Wrote (Includes: Aurora Teagarden)
  • Murder Talks Turkey (Gertie Johnson, #3)
  • Ghost Trackers
  • Body Wave (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #4)
  • Words With Fiends (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • Dog Walker
  • The Icing on the Corpse (Pawsitively Organic Mysteries #3)
  • Murder Most Persuasive (An Elizabeth Parker Mystery, #3)
  • Froggy's Best Babysitter
  • My Travelin' Eye
  • Babies in the Bayou
  • Book, Line and Sinker (Library Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Morgan Mine (Serendipity)
  • Five Complete Hercule Poirot Novels: ABC Murders / Cards on the Table / Death on the Nile / Murder on the Orient Express / Thirteen at Dinner

Jessica Fletcher (born Jessica Beatrice MacGill, and writes under the initialed J.B. Fletcher) is a fictional character from the US television series Murder, She Wrote.

In keeping with the spirit of the TV show, a series of official original novels have been written by American ghostwriter Donald Bain and publi
More about Jessica Fletcher...

Murder, She Wrote (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1)
  • Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2)
  • Rum & Razors (Murder, She Wrote, #3)
  • Brandy and Bullets (Murder, She Wrote, #4)
  • Martinis & Mayhem (Murder, She Wrote, #5)
  • A Deadly Judgment (Murder, She Wrote, #6)
  • A Palette for Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #7)
  • The Highland Fling Murders (Murder, She Wrote, #8)
  • Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)
  • Murder in Moscow (Murder, She Wrote, #10)