Start by marking “My Fair Highlander” as Want to Read:
My Fair Highlander

My Fair Highlander (English Tudor #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  429 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Jemma Ramsden is a wild thing in a noblewoman's body-so thinks Gordon Dwyre, Laird Barras, watching her galloping on horseback through her brother's lands. Bold, headstrong, beautiful: the perfect bride for a lusty Scots warrior. He might be able to convince her, too, if she would hear his suit. But Barras doesn't wait to be handed what he wants. When he's forced to rescue ...more
Published July 26th 2011 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about My Fair Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Fair Highlander

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick
Are they kidding? $9.52 for the Kindle edition? Seriously? I'm about ready to put my foot down and refuse to pay more than $5 for ANY ebook, even if the guy on the cover is wearing a kilt! I'm saving trees, for cripe's sake! Doing my part to stop cluttering up landfills! And the paperback is CHEAPER! $8.97! True brilliance that, Amazon!

Un-freakin-believable.

Laura the Highland Hussy
Giveaway on demonlover's-link at the bottom

After the first few pages I wasn’t sure I’d like the heroine. Jemma is a shrew. She’s selfish, and impetuous...

But what I liked was that her impetuousness got her into trouble and she grew from it. So often the heroine is described as “impetuous” but is in reality selfish and just does as she pleases. Here, Jemma has spent the last few years caring for her ill father. After his death she took to riding every day---any time she pleases. In the opening s
Scooper Speaks
Favorite Lines: “There was something intensely satisfying about having his weight on top of her, something that she had never expected.” (p. 199)

Oh, what I wouldn’t give to move his sporran or peek under his kilt. I love the cover!

My Fair Highlander is Mary Wine’s newest Scottish romance. It features an alpha hero and a spitfire heroine. One of the satisfying things about the story is the heroine’s knowledge of herself. She knows when she’s being irritable and attempts to fix the problem. It sho
Kathleen
Once again I found a book that I truly enjoyed. Mary Wine has been hit or miss with me and I can say this was a hit. The story was simple but kept me interested all the way through. I really liked the H&h and all the other characters. The loves scene sizzled and were really well done. Of course it ended with a HEA also setting up the next book in this series which of course I plan on reading when it's released.

For those of you have read Mary's book's I must add that yep, Mary continues her f
Mitzi
Wheee, found this in my achives today....Thank you Aunt Lorene for this one!

This was a fun & hot read….and although I didn’t love it….I liked it. I give it a solid B rating.
Heather Book Savvy Babe
This review is also published on by blog @ http://booksavvybabe.com

My Fair Highlander takes place in the Tudor time period, on the border between Scotland and England. Laird Barras is the neighbor (on the Scotland side) to Jemma Ramsden, an English lady. I really was not Jemma's biggest fan, at first. She was consumed by grief after the passing of her father, and she was very selfish. She was argumentative towards her brother, and she made bad decisions, such as taking an evening ride along the
Jessica
My Fair Highlander by Mary Wine

This is an adult historical fiction book.

The main characters are English woman Jemma Ramsden and Scots warrior Gordon Dwyre (Laird Barras). Jemma has been caring for her ailing father for a long time. Now that he is no longer around, Jemma has decided to live her life her way. On one of her many horseback outings, Jemma gets into trouble with some English ruffians. Gordon and his men step in to save her and bring her back with them to his lair. Gordon has already
Bec
In “My Fair Highlander” by Mary Wine, we meet the beautiful English beauty, Jemma Ramsden, and the challenging Scottish laird, Gordon Dwyre.

Jemma Ramsden has had free run of her father’s estate…until he passes from a drawn out illness and her brother Curan, the new Lord Ryppon, takes control of the grounds. Now Jemma’s only reprieve from her aching grief for her father comes from her daily rides across the English hills. But when one of her rides accidentally brings her across the border into Sc
April
RATING: 4.5)MY FAIR HIGHLANDER by Mary Wine is an exciting historical romance set in Scotland and part of England. This is the second in "The English Saga" series,but can be read as a stand alone. See "Improper Seduction". This is an exciting Scottish historical with strong women and sexy,handsome,Scottish highlander. It has everything a historical,Scottish,English romance readers could want in a strong story of love,passion,romance,danger,and sweet sensuality. This is the story of Jemma Ramsden ...more
Wendy Tavenner
Nary Wine has done it again. Another grand slam by the talented author!!! Jemma is a head strong lady who has been mourning her father for awhile. Laird Barras has wanted to court Jemma for awhile but has turned him down. One stupid night Jemma decides to go riding and his stopped by English Knights who plan on raping her, they believe her to be Scottish. Laird Barras rescues her and the heat and fires start from there. A great book you will love!!!
Ashley
What a enjoyable read!

Jemma is a wild, stubborn woman who rides out to find some sort of ease for her mind. An unfortunate day of riding causes her to face an English bunch that plans to have her ruined. She is rescued by Lord Barras and taken to his home to ensure her safety. Stuck in his home, she finds herself attracted to the lord, and they soon develop an attraction too strong to deny.
Jemma weds Lord Barras and finds out that the man has a few women still dangling on him. The women in his
Pr!a
What was I thinking? This book was unbearable. After reading books of Julie garwood I don't think any other authors will appeal me. first the title is a lie, it should be MY FAIR LOWLANDER. The book is slow and most of the pages are filled with minute unnecessary details. The description of how they filled the tub is of five pages and fifteen pages on their almost sex and again fifteen pages on their actual sex was really annoying. 300 pages are filled with no story but rather excitement and anx ...more
Donna
I liked the first one a bit better, as the h & H from 1 was better developed imo. Not that these were well done, just not as good as the first.
Linda
Jemmas brother has promised their neighbor, the highlander laird Barras, that he can court Jemma and if she agrees, marry her. Jemma is still grieving their fathers death and to take her mind of it, she rides, hard and without care. When shes intercepted by english soldiers on Barras land, she realizes how vulnerable she really is, and the laird, Gordon, sees his chance to save her and take her home for some.. . convincing =)
Historical romance, highlanders and smutty fluff. I hope therell be a t
Ali
I checked this book out from the library because the author was recommended by an author I like. I knew the title was stupid, but I have read many a good book with a stupid title. Now, I get the book and the cover is ridiculous. We'll see on this one....

*I was pleasantly surprised. Is this book completely silly and over the top? Absolutely. However, it doesn't pretend to be anything else and is delightfully lacking in pretension.

The Scotsman in this book isn't even a highlander - he's from the
Mia  P.
Was just okay, didn't seem to have much depth too it.
Sharon Kurtz
I thought this story was really good. I enjoyed the spunk of the heroine and the charm and mischievousness of the hero. Although Jemma is a lady she is not afraid to stand up for herself and throw a punch. The hero uses his charm and humor to woo Jemma and get her to marry him. Although Jemma is first portrayed as a shallow careless nitwit, her strength of character soon becomes apparent and she is more than a match for Gordon and his clan.
Seawood
Bookriot Read Harder Challenge 2015: Task 13, a romance

Why I chose this book: no, it's not my guilty pleasure, I don't believe in those. I like Mary Wine and have a soft spot for her Highlander books; this has been on my TBR pile for a bit.

On reading: they're pretty formulaic, but there's comfort in that, and sometimes it just hits the spot. I'm not sure about the Tudor aspect, it doesn't really ring true for me.
Lisa
I really enjoyed this book, I enjoyed Gordon and Jemma's relationship and the humor they brought to it. The only kooky thing about it was it uses the word "clitoris" more than any book I've ever read, and that's saying something cause I've read a lot of dirty smut in my day.
Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!)
TOP PICK!!!
My Fair Highlander was incredible! I loved this book...as you can see...it is my Top Pick for the month! The dialog is brilliant and entertaining, even funny at times

REad full review http://www.nocturnereads.com/My-Fair-...
Lori Meehan
This was a very good book.I loved Jemma and Gordon. There was a great twist in the story. I didnt see it coming. I love that. Cant wait for her to write Lady Justina and Synclair's story.
Samie Kauchis
Well, I thought for sure the villain of this book was predictable but it wasn't. That made me appreciate the book a little more then I was. Not a bad read at all. :)
Tilequa
pretty good.............for some reason this took forever to read ,but its not long at all..........weird!!!
SW
It was typical highlander bodice ripping romance. But I still enjoyed it...
Michele bookloverforever
a highlander in a kilt, hero type and a decent heroine. what's not to like?
Michelle Nelson
LOVED IT!! Mary Wine is a new to me author and I couldn't put the book down!!!
« Crystal »
I loved this book. Very good read. 5 stars... I would recommend.
Booklover1335
4.00 stars /3.75 sensuality
  • Seducing the Highlander
  • Her Scottish Groom
  • The Sinner (Return of the Highlanders, #2)
  • Sins of the Highlander
  • My Fierce Highlander (Highland Adventure, #1)
  • Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel (Highland Warriors, #2)
  • Highland Scoundrel (Campbell Trilogy, #3)
  • Tamed by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #3)
  • The Highlander's Sword (Highlander #1)
  • Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1)
  • Embrace the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #2)
  • Taming the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #1)
  • Captured by the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy, #1)
  • Desiring the Highlander (The McTiernays, #3)
  • Taken By The Laird (Regency Flings, #2)
207379
Mary Wine has written over twenty novels that take her readers from the pages of history to the far reaches of space. Recent winner of a 2008 EPPIE Award for erotic western romance, her book LET ME LOVE YOU was quoted “Not to be missed…” by Lora Leigh, New York Times best-selling author.

When she’s not abusing a laptop, she spends time with her sewing machines…all of them! Making historical garment
More about Mary Wine...

English Tudor (3 books)
  • Improper Seduction (English Tudor, #1)
  • Unexpected Pleasures (English Tudor, #3)
To Conquer a Highlander (Highlander, #1) Highland Hellcat (Highlander, #2) In Bed With A Stranger (McJames, #1) Highland Heat (Highlander, #3) In The Warrior's Bed (McJames, #2)