Start by marking “Answers To Prayer From George Muller's Narratives” as Want to Read:
Answers To Prayer From George Muller's Narratives

Answers To Prayer From George Muller's Narratives

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  205 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Mr. Brooks, in this compilation, has endeavored to select those incidents and practical remarks from Mr. Müller's Narratives, that show in an unmistakeable way, both to believers and unbelievers, the secret of believing prayer, the manifest hand of a living God, and His unfailing response, in His own time and way, to every petition which is according to His will.

The carefu
Published March 3rd 2011 by A1 (first published October 8th 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Answers To Prayer From George Muller's Narratives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Answers To Prayer From George Muller's Narratives

Ron
It's hard to fault George Mueller's message of totally depending on God's provision for what he has directed you to do, but the presentation of this volume was not good. The publishers piled together several sections of Mueller's diary without regard to chronology or progression. Then added framing comments, perhaps because they were embarrassed to ask eight dollars for what would have better been presented in a six-page pamphlet.

Readers will be numbed by the repetitious cliff-hanger crises with
Rachel
A beautiful collection of journal writings chronicling Mueller's journey in trusting the Lord to provide for the orphanages. His faith and prayer, his dedication and unwavering dependency on the Lord to provide their daily needs for over 40 years is absolutely amazing and such an encouragement for the Christian. Such a precious testimony of what God will do with those who have faith enough to believe that what He says is true.
Brian Eshleman
Reading experience was the ironic opposite of Book of Martyrs. Just as one can be numbed to horrors with enough repetition, God coming through in seemingly dire circumstances time after time can actually undermine tension and attention.
Fed
It is unbelievable how much this man trusted in God and how much he was able to do without the help of no-one but God alone. He never asked anyone else for anything yet, he recorded over 50,000 answers to prayers. He had a desire from God to help orphans, and so he started praying and through faith he opened orphanages.

By the end of his life, he had taken care of thousand of orphans, and was running five Day-schools – two for boys and three for girls. He never received government support and onl
Heath Marion
Answers to Prayer by George Mueller

George Mueller lived 1805 -1898 in England. He was a evangelist and philanthropist. While he was pastoring in Bristol, England he began to card for orphans and children who needed help. As more and more children began to come to him for help the needs grew exponentially. Before long he had to build orphanages and then find adult caretakers. In order to bring God glory, Mueller believed God was asking him to never ask for money for the orphanage. Mueller believe
Lori
Inspired by this small but mighty book on the myriad ways that God answered prayer in the life of George Muller. He provides detailed descriptions of the challenges he faced and the power of prayer in meeting those needs (at the orphanages he started and the missionary career on which he embarked). Interspersed throughout are gems regarding trials, faith, the gospel, the authority of the Bible and the role of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes you have to wade thru minutia but those are just the example ...more
Cisco
Inspiring book

It is really a blessing in itself to read and to know the testimony of people who has walked with God and can tell you what you can expect from Him. The trial is not our enemy, if we learn to hang ourselves from the Lord.
Linden
Tremendous stories of faith. George was a strong advocate that the only way to increase your faith was to exercise it. Lots of excellent principles to build your prayer and Bible study life. He truly wanted folk to be transformed and pointed to Christ by reading this book.

Also great stories of God repeatedly gave the orphans monies just when it was need, literally not a minute before.

The only thing I struggled with is the old school British currency system and trying to figure out what a late ni
Mark Uncommon Valor
The joy which I had can not be described. I walked up and down in my room for a long time, tears of joy and gratitude to the Lord raining plentifully over my cheeks , praising and magnifying the Lord for His goodness, and surrendering myself afresh, with all my heart, to Him for His blessed service. I scarcely ever felt more the kindness of the Lord in helping me.

George Mueller

Monday-June 13, 1853
Amy
This took a while to read. It was good to see what a man of faith George Mueller was and how he relied on God for the smallest provision. It really makes me think my faith is pretty dang small compared to him! I also appreciated his life and how he devoted himself to housing and feeding the orphans of England. What a selfless man!
Akhet

George faithfully presented his needs for his orphanage to the Lord in prayer. He made his needs known to God, not man and God would move in the hearts of others to supply the needs. George wrote this book as a testament to God's provision and the encouragement he received in seeing God's response to prayer.
Drew Van gorder
If you think you've got a decent prayer life, then George Mueller will help to to make it a phenomenal prayer life. A man who needs hardly an introduction, Mueller's prayer life always leaves me wanting to spend more time at the "throne of grace."
Tim Kruse
Sep 20, 2007 Tim Kruse rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Inspirational!! This is the book I have right on my desk. Every time I'm feeling down, I pick this up and read a chapter. The amazing simple faith of George Mueller and his wife always lifts my spirits as I know it will yours.
Vaughn
This book is an amazing account of how God provided for George Muller and his ministry, but more than anything the book is a powerful narrative of how God responds to faith and prayer.
Philip Hartman
This book will humble you! Read how George Mueller completely and totally relied on God for His provision both for himself and the orphanages he founded.
Addison
Mueller is an inspiration and a teacher in the discipline of prayer. He continues to teach even years after his return to the Lord. Love this book.
Hiroshi Inaba
It is good to read to know and learn what is all about prayer and how God answers a faithful Christians' prayer.
Doris
Powerful book, that should be supplemented by a biography of George Mueller
Kelli
One man's efforts to help orphans....and accomplished by the miracle of prayer.
Michelle
Such a great inspiration to trust the Lord and believe in His promises!
Brenda Elliott
God's amazing grace shines through in this story so faithfully. Love it!
Jordan Cary
Incredible... A must read for all believers!
Erik&Melissa Salyer
Trusting God for the glory of God.
Honey
Dec 15, 2014
  • How to Pray
  • The True Vine
  • Reclaiming Christianity: A Call to Authentic Faith
  • Cameron Townsend: Good News in Every Language (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
  • Does Prayer Change Things? (Crucial Questions, #3)
  • All Things for Good
  • By Grace Alone: How the Grace of God Amazes Me
  • Broken-Down House
  • All in: You Are One Decision Away from a Totally Different Life
  • More Than Ordinary: Enjoying Life with God
  • The In-Between: Embracing the Tension Between Now and the Next Big Thing: A Spiritual Memoir
  • 50 People Every Christian Should Know: Learning from Spiritual Giants of the Faith
  • John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine & Doxology
  • The Truth War: Fighting for Certainty in an Age of Deception
George Müller was a Christian evangelist and Director of the Ashley Down orphanage in Bristol, England, cared for 10,024 orphans in his life. He was well known for providing an education to the children under his care, to the point where he was accused of raising the poor above their natural station in life. He also established 117 schools which offered Christian education to over 120,000 children ...more
More about George Müller...
The Autobiography of George Muller The Autobiography of George Müller a Narrative of Some of the Lord's Dealings with George Müller Written by Himself Vol I Release the Power of Prayer The Life of Trust: Being a Narrative of the Lord's Dealings with George Müller A Narrative of some of the Lord's Dealings with George Müller Written by Himself. Second Part

“The Spirit and the
Word must be combined. If I look to the Spirit alone without the Word, I lay myself open to great delusions
also. If the Holy Ghost guides us at all, He will do it according to the Scriptures and never contrary to them.”
14 likes
“Nine-tenths of the difficulties are
overcome when our hearts are ready to do the Lord's will, whatever it may be.”
11 likes