Start by marking “Finding Her Dad” as Want to Read:
Finding Her Dad

Finding Her Dad

Having her own family is not too much to ask! Although it's been tough, sixteen-year-old Sierra Lind has assembled some good candidates. First there's the most perfect foster mom ever--Lucy Malone. And now Sierra has found her bio dad, Jonathan Brenner. With the way Lucy and her dad are making eyes at each other... Well, Sierra will have her family unit any day now.But thi ...more
Published June 7th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Her Dad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Her Dad

Lori
Jun 20, 2011 Lori rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
I love Janice Kay Johnson's writing. Plus the HSR line always delivers strong, heartwrenching stories.

I thought this was a great premise, and I liked all the characters. I liked that Jon recognized he was being hypocritical and he disliked that he put the campaign lens on everything. However, I thought that, even given his background, he went too far when Lucy's mother was released from prison.

I really liked watching the romance unfold between Jon and Lucy - how they were each wary but
Carolyn
Dec 28, 2011 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Deborah Darsie
Nov 04, 2012 Deborah Darsie rated it really liked it
An unusual premise for a Harlequin, I liked the way the relationships had begun, grown and changed as the 'adults' realized how embedded in their individual pasts.

Oddly I read this in the midst\culmination of the 2012 presidential election - so there was some interesting resonance, though this story was a purely local race.
Darlene Torday
Jan 10, 2015 Darlene Torday rated it really liked it
Great story. Once I started reading I had to finish it as fast as I could. The characters are very human with problems that have shaped who they are. I found myself hoping they'd figure out how to work out those problems so they could have a future together, one they all wanted and deserved.
Leisa
Jul 24, 2011 Leisa added it
I thought this was a pretty good book. I especially liked that it was set in the Seattle area. The characters were interesting and the conflict was very believable.
Betsy Gray
Mar 27, 2016 Betsy Gray rated it it was amazing
Love her characters and the tough issues she has them face. I always expect a good story when I pick up a Janice Kay Johnson book, and she didn't disappoint with this one!
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2011
Janeen K
Dec 02, 2011 Janeen K rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Nice fast read always know I will enjoy Janice Kay Johnson books.
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Vicky Lynn
Jun 07, 2016 Vicky Lynn rated it it was amazing
very good book
Tammy Weierbach
Tammy Weierbach rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Debra Chisolm
Debra Chisolm rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
Jessica Campbell
Jessica Campbell rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2013
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2016
Susan Smith
Susan Smith rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2015
Patt
Patt rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2013
Ashley Busby
Ashley Busby rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Bookgurl75
Bookgurl75 rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2011
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2013
Krissi
Krissi rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Janel
Janel rated it really liked it
May 20, 2013
Bret Renee
Bret Renee rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2013
Sabrina Lucero
Sabrina Lucero rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Othena  ~~ Lady McReadsalot
Othena ~~ Lady McReadsalot rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Colleen
Colleen rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2011
Leah Ann Kelley
Leah Ann Kelley rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Janga
Janga rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2011
Janice Kay Johnson is the author of sixty books for children and adults. Her first four published romance novels were coauthored with her mother, also a writer who has since published mysteries and children's books on her own. These were "sweet" romance novels, the author hastens to add; she isn't sure they'd have felt comfortable coauthoring passionate love scenes!

Janice graduated from Whitman Co
More about Janice Kay Johnson...